Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L All Terrain 4x4 (Black)
Are there any details on what this covers specific to the lightning? My googling failed me. With the lightning missing all the things in a traditional ICE engine and drivetrain, and supposedly far less maintenance, I suspect the plan and pricing will be very different and the decision to purchase it more difficult?
Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Hello Everyone!

I wanted to announce a thank you gesture for our customers here on the Gen 14 forum. You guys/girls have been very supportive and we wanted to find other ways we can be helpful to the community. Starting today we are going to offer Ford Protect Extended Service Plans for $50 over our dealer cost on any F-Series, whether you purchased it from us or another dealership. This represents a savings on average of $1000-$2000 from other dealerships in-person pricing and a discount from other online Ford Protect retailers as well.

How do you get this started?

Please send an email to [email protected] with the following information:

Name
Address
Phone number
VIN
Approximate mileage on vehicle now
Coverage desired (years and mileage)

The entire process will be handled seamlessly online by electronic signature and a secure electronic deposit. Your contract will be in force within 2-3 business days of completion of the deposit and electronic signature. Ford's ESP system is nationwide and will update electronically within their system showing your contract status, so you won't need a paper copy of the contract to bring with you.

Ford pass points can be used towards the purchase of these contracts as well!

Have another Ford or Lincoln vehicle you'd like to add coverage to? We can handle that too!The process is initiated the same way by emailing [email protected] with the information above.

This offer is good for anywhere in the U.S. with the exception of the state of Florida.

Again, we want to thank this supportive community here and appreciate the opportunity to help wherever we can!

Zach
I'm curious (if you're willing to share)... how much business do you get posting on this site?

I only ask because had I known about Granger BEFORE I ordered my new F150 I might have very well ordered it from you.

I have thousands of frequent flyer miles so flying out there to pick up my truck wouldn’t have been an issue at all.

You posting here not only seems like a stroke of business genius but I have seen MANY posts from people who you have helped navigate the horror show that is Ford Motor Company and have to wonder WHY other dealers aren’t doing what you do.

I know this might be a touchy subject so I’ll understand if you can’t reply…

KDPGame02

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Development & Design
I'm curious (if you're willing to share)... how much business do you get posting on this site?

I only ask because had I known about Granger BEFORE I ordered my new F150 I might have very well ordered it from you.

I have thousands of frequent flyer miles so flying out there to pick up my truck wouldn’t have been an issue at all.

You posting here not only seems like a stroke of business genius but I have seen MANY posts from people who you have helped navigate the horror show that is Ford Motor Company and have to wonder WHY other dealers aren’t doing what you do.

+1 ^^

poodwecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302a
I think I was one of the first to get this deal back in Feb with Chip and the team! Great to see this advertised widely now :)

Sponsored

mwkincaid1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 Lariat, 2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Sr. Civil Engineering Technician
I grabbed this off of https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/ I have been personally trying to research how and what ford is going to do with the Lightning when it comes to the extended warranty they'll offer since the lightning doesn't have all the components that the ICE version has.

Ford F-150 Ford F-150 Extended Warranty from Ford Protect - $25 Over Dealer Cost- PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE! FORD ESP

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Are there any details on what this covers specific to the lightning? My googling failed me. With the lightning missing all the things in a traditional ICE engine and drivetrain, and supposedly far less maintenance, I suspect the plan and pricing will be very different and the decision to purchase it more difficult?
Typically electric is cheaper pricing, but we don't have that pricing yet.

It's a little hard to quantify. It's definitely a positive thing for both us and the customers as well. It's helped us grow our business within the 'forum' community. That's a small piece of the overall customer base.

It's also a little hard to tell now because the inventory is so much different than it was 24 months ago. Would this many people be searching online if the local Ford dealership had 100+ f-150s on the lot?

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Typically electric is cheaper pricing, but we don't have that pricing yet.

It's a little hard to quantify. It's definitely a positive thing for both us and the customers as well. It's helped us grow our business within the 'forum' community. That's a small piece of the overall customer base.

It's also a little hard to tell now because the inventory is so much different than it was 24 months ago. Would this many people be searching online if the local Ford dealership had 100+ f-150s on the lot?
Thanks for the reply.

I drive past several Ford Dealerships in the course of my daily work and it just kills me to see all these empty lots.

NOT so much for the “dirt bag” Dealerships (you know who you are) but for Dealerships like the one where I bought my truck.. and every New Ford I’ve ever purchased over the last 30 years.

It seems to me that “Ford Dealerships” have been reduced to “order takers” and are a few measly million dollars worth of Lobbyists and State Legislature campaign contributions away from being a thing of the past.

I could have just as easily purchased my new F150 from YOU as I could have purchased it directly from Ford.

I Inquired about the Cybertruck just out of curiosity and immediately got hammered with phone calls and emails from Tesla’s sales team. (they were kind enough to stop pestering me as soon as I asked)

From everything I’ve read, you folks at Granger seem like good people and I wish you all the best for the future…

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Wisstx

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Citizen
Purchased a plan. $1,245 for 7 years / 100,000 miles $100 deductible. (2WD F150 STX SC). I'll update on the specifics and the process as it happens; (email, process, level of customer service, etc.).

23-25-22
The deal is done the ESP was ordered and the process was completed over email. Two emails: one with the contract stating EXACTY was is and is not covered and an electronic signature. The other email contains the online payment details. I paid via CC just in case something was off but it appears to be legit.
Communications post deal was prompt and it was stated that the ESP will/should show up in the Ford Pass app in 30 days or so. It is tied to the VIN so there is no real need for the app part.

I attached the contract for review for those interested. I hope it helps those thinking about buying an ESP.

Attachments

Last edited:

Antimatter_KingRanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 3.5PB FX4 Loaded
Occupation
Program Manager
Has anyone gotten the enhanced rental option? I emailed today and they said it would only work from their dealership in Iowa (just the rental part). Seems odd given it's a Ford plan? And the esp contract I was able to find online says you can be reimbursed for a rental when your vehicle is at the selling dealership OR any authorized ford dealer.

Sponsored

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
8y 100k miles seems like the best value IMO.

Confirmed we can use our FordPass points towards purchase?

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
Has anyone gotten the enhanced rental option? I emailed today and they said it would only work from their dealership in Iowa (just the rental part). Seems odd given it's a Ford plan? And the esp contract I was able to find online says you can be reimbursed for a rental when your vehicle is at the selling dealership OR any authorized ford dealer.
I got the enhanced rental option as well (from Zeigler) - no mention on their site of it only working with them. I'd be interested (and ticked) to see if stated that it's only at the selling dealership.

8y 100k miles seems like the best value IMO.

Confirmed we can use our FordPass points towards purchase?
Confirmed by my purchase - I was able to use 42k points to get $210 off the cost of the ESP. I had to complete the deal by phone to get that option.

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
Confirmed by my purchase - I was able to use 42k points to get $210 off the cost of the ESP. I had to complete the deal by phone to get that option.
Which year/mileage combo did you go with?

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
Which year/mileage combo did you go with?
I went with 8 yrs 125k miles - $0 deductible and checked all the optional boxes (enhanced rental, key replacement, LED bulb replacement, etc.).

I read a post with someone complaining about having a non-$0 deductible and each time they took it in for an issue and the dealer couldn't find anything, they got dinged for the deductible. I think they may also have mentioned that if they had two separate issues in one visit, they got dinged twice.

Antimatter_KingRanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 3.5PB FX4 Loaded
Occupation
Program Manager
I went with 8 yrs 125k miles - $0 deductible and checked all the optional boxes (enhanced rental, key replacement, LED bulb replacement, etc.).

I read a post with someone complaining about having a non-$0 deductible and each time they took it in for an issue and the dealer couldn't find anything, they got dinged for the deductible. I think they may also have mentioned that if they had two separate issues in one visit, they got dinged twice.
That's making me want the $0 deductible more... But on the rental, I was surprised as well. I was confused when Granger emailed it.

It looks like Zeigler has matched their pricing (with coupon) but I'd rather buy from Granger with how awesome they are here. I'll try again.
Sponsored