First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
question... the pro backup assist is explicitly listed with the two technology package. but when you setup 360 cam with 53a... the cam just says reverse trailer guidance. when you put the 53a and 360 together...does it give you pro backup assist? or there another option/package you have to specify?
You might find this tow package breakdown thread helpful. In short, adding a tow package to the truck will give you Pro Backup Assist as well as Reverse Trailer Guidance. The 360 camera does not factor in here other than it appears to be an extra "perk" or "value add" if you get Tow Technology package. If you get one of the other tow packages, you still have to add 360 camera separately - if you want the features of the 360 camera (i.e. front camera for parking, etc).
Sponsored

Carphunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Stone Gray SCAB XLT 2.7 4x4
You might find this tow package breakdown thread helpful. In short, adding a tow package to the truck will give you Pro Backup Assist as well as Reverse Trailer Guidance. The 360 camera does not factor in here other than it appears to be an extra "perk" or "value add" if you get Tow Technology package. If you get one of the other tow packages, you still have to add 360 camera separately - if you want the features of the 360 camera (i.e. front camera for parking, etc).
Got it..just checking.

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 150 Powerbost King Ranch
Occupation
Retired state trooper
I got to the right person and Ford is now giving me 2 more sensors for my other 2 trailers. I guess they satisfied my problem but I asked them how about the 10,000 other people having the sticker problem...they had no answer

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
I got to the right person and Ford is now giving me 2 more sensors for my other 2 trailers. I guess they satisfied my problem but I asked them how about the 10,000 other people having the sticker problem...they had no answer
Any number I can call to get more sensors? I don't want to keep moving my sensor around to my multiple trailers.

ptricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
My stickers were in the manual pocket sleeve. But as noted they don’t work yet anyway
Likewise - I found six stickers in the back of the manual included in the yaw sensor kit. It didn't even occur to me that a lot of vehicles were not coming with the stickers...or that the stickers were not yet functional in the software.
Ford F-150 Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist Sensor Install Guide (2021 F-150) 3
Ford F-150 Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist Sensor Install Guide (2021 F-150) 2
Ford F-150 Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist Sensor Install Guide (2021 F-150) 1

Sponsored

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
Has anyone on here done the initial setup where the truck tells you to drive straight and turn? If so, how big of an open space do you really need? I have the sensor on my trailer but am struggling to think of an open space big enough to do the setup? Just curious how much room you really need.

jerryllah

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
RETIRED
Has anyone on here done the initial setup where the truck tells you to drive straight and turn? If so, how big of an open space do you really need? I have the sensor on my trailer but am struggling to think of an open space big enough to do the setup? Just curious how much room you really need.
I just drove to the first corner and made a right turn. A full city block was enough for mine.

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
I just drove to the first corner and made a right turn. A full city block was enough for mine.
Thanks! I figured it would be asking me for all kinds of left and right turns. Its good to know it was only straight and right. Makes it much easier.

TommyGun

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT & 2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
UPDATE: Just got a call from my Ford Dealer Service Department. Ford is FINALLY acknowledging that the issue with the decal option of the Pro Trailer Backup Assist is THEIR FAULT. He told me he received a bulletin from Ford stating that there will be an over the air update to Sync4 going out in December 2021 (not sure why this is a long wait).
Ford F-150 Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist Sensor Install Guide (2021 F-150) 1624553528397

Attachments

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
Is there any information on backup assist for fifth wheel trailers with 2021 F150? I was under the impression that it had been added to the 2021 functionality list. But, I am not getting anywhere with it. The dealer says Ford does not support it.

Sponsored

Echin

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 Lariat Hybrid
Here is another document about the Pro trailer backup assist. It says you need to get a software update to use the stickers. This is the first time I've seen the "sensor" setup.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...-F-150-TBA-QSG-Version-1_QG-EN-US_08_2020.pdf
I installed my sensors new for 21. The sensors sends a signal back to the truck via a harness that plugs in above the brake light plug. The sensors once calibrated detects the yah of the trailer and provides a very precise directional control of the trailer when backing up. I have used it a lot on my last trip out west to get out of a few tight spots. The sensors comes with an adhesive back that installs on the front triangle iron of your trailer.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
So we're still waiting on the S/W for the stickers .... maybe by year-end .... unsat

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
So we're still waiting on the S/W for the stickers .... maybe by year-end .... unsat
Wasn't that abandoned for the connected electronic system?

Nick777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Hey all, just got my first pickup and I love it for pulling a 33' travel trailer. I installed the sensor kit (LC3T-14G621-AD) and it was working well with the pro-trailer backup assist - until I accidentally pulled it out when I was trying to align the hitch to the trailer (oops!). The 4 pins in the connector came out and I have no idea which ones go back into which holes. The photo attached shows the 4 wires (purple-green, purple-grey, white-blue, white-purple) but they are NOT in the right holes because the truck doesn't detect the sensor. Can someone please help and tell me which wires go in which holes?? Many thanks!!
Ford F-150 Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist Sensor Install Guide (2021 F-150) IMG-0790
Sponsored