Sponsored

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost Max Tow Fx4 etc. Built 3/4-5. Delivered 3/17.

The trailer sensor was in a bag in the back seat. No stickers or booklet on towing anywhere I could find. The glove box did have a black nylon case containing a Sup Owners Guide, a Driving Your Truck Supplement, a Sirius XM booklet and a F150 quick reference guide.

What am I missing? What did you guys get?

Jim
I got the same as you with the addition of a tire warranty guide in the black case.
I contacted my dealer to inquire about the stickers and they offered to mail to me for $75 (dealer is 90+ miles away). After protesting how I could pay close to $70k for a truck and then be asked to pay additional fee for something that others were receiving for free......and still not supported by truck's software.....my salesman agreed to ship to me for no cost.
Sponsored

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 150 Powerbost King Ranch
Occupation
Retired state trooper
I got the same as you with the addition of a tire warranty guide in the black case.
I contacted my dealer to inquire about the stickers and they offered to mail to me for $75 (dealer is 90+ miles away). After protesting how I could pay close to $70k for a truck and then be asked to pay additional fee for something that others were receiving for free......and still not supported by truck's software.....my salesman agreed to ship to me for no cost.
you do understand when you get the stickers they ain't gona work ...right?????? Everyone on the forum needs to call Ford and complain about the stickers.....Face Book is a good place to start.

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
you do understand when you get the stickers they ain't gona work ...right?????? Everyone on the forum needs to call Ford and complain about the stickers.....Face Book is a good place to start.
Yes, I understand they do not work......I previously noted that I discussed with dealer that they are not supported by current software......and I agree we need to push Ford for their promised update!

DFlynn68

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Agriculture
Put it in the water and let it break...it's under warranty...maybe they will get busy with the sticker problem if we we can make them start replacing the sensors under warranty.
Welp -- ended up at a boat ramp that I had to submerge the sensor -- game over. At this point I would say that Ford's Back Up Assist technology does not apply to boat trailers.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Welp -- ended up at a boat ramp that I had to submerge the sensor -- game over. At this point I would say that Ford's Back Up Assist technology does not apply to boat trailers.
The sensor doesn’t need to be very far back on the trailer. My sensor is mounted just aft of the winch post. It never gets wet.

Sponsored

DFlynn68

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Agriculture
The sensor doesn’t need to be very far back on the trailer. My sensor is mounted just aft of the winch post. It never gets wet.
That's good to know. I'll get it replaced and mount it higher on the winch post and see how it goes. Thanks

RPL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
After reading the 8 pages on the LCT3-14G621 -AD backup sensor. No one has posted about difficulty of calibrating the sensor on a 5th wheel trailer, even though the instruction sheet gives the mounting location for the sensor on a 5th wheel. I have a 2021 F-150 that had the sensor to mount. Mounted as per instructions. System will calibrate as a conventional trailer, but not a 5th wheel. Has anyone had this issue?

RPL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
After reading the 8 pages on the LCT3-14G621 -AD backup sensor. No one has posted about difficulty of calibrating the sensor on a 5th wheel trailer, even though the instruction sheet gives the mounting location for the sensor on a 5th wheel. I have a 2021 F-150 that had the sensor to mount. Mounted as per instructions. System will calibrate as a conventional trailer, but not a 5th wheel. Has anyone had this issue?

JakeFlorida

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 5.0L, 4x4, Max Tow, 2 tone paint
Yep. Called Ford and operator says I'm up to date with no update scheduled on the horizon. Dealer never heard of the issue. Next step is to take it in and see if they can force an update. thanks
That is what my dealer stated as well. They do not have an update available for using the stickers. I have had a couple software updates for other items over the last month so I plan to try the setup again in a couple weeks when I get a chance.

JakeFlorida

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 5.0L, 4x4, Max Tow, 2 tone paint
I think I’m the only one on this thread that is having this issue. Did everybody receive a sensor? I bought my xlt but I just received stickers and not any sensors. When I went to go set up my trailer all it told me was to install the sensor, nothing about stickers so I couldn’t get past the initial step.
My sensor was in a bag under the back seat in the small compartment storage area. Worth checking there for yours.

Sponsored

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
Can you give me an idea on how far back from the coupling that is on your boat trailer? I need to add my sensor and I definitely don't want to dunk it. From my coupling to the in front of the winch post where I could first mount it would be about 14". The next spot I could mount it behind the winch post jumps to 34". I haven't had the boat out this year yet, and I don't think I'd ever be submerged in water at 34" back, but if you had wind and waves, maybe it could get splashed? I'm worried 14" back is may be too close, though. I checked the manual, and other than sizes of trailers it is meant to work with, I didn't see any minimum distance requirements for the sensor.

DFlynn68

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Agriculture
Can you give me an idea on how far back from the coupling that is on your boat trailer? I need to add my sensor and I definitely don't want to dunk it. From my coupling to the in front of the winch post where I could first mount it would be about 14". The next spot I could mount it behind the winch post jumps to 34". I haven't had the boat out this year yet, and I don't think I'd ever be submerged in water at 34" back, but if you had wind and waves, maybe it could get splashed? I'm worried 14" back is may be too close, though. I checked the manual, and other than sizes of trailers it is meant to work with, I didn't see any minimum distance requirements for the sensor.
I can show you where NOT to put the sensor. My trailer is ~28' long and I had the sensor just behind the crank post. This worked at my primary boat landing. But got into a situation at a landing in the Keys where we had to back down further pulling the boat out and the sensor got dunked. If I go any closer to the bumper I'll have a ton of slack to deal with. So, when I get it replaced I'll think about mounting it up higher on either the crank post or the winch post. It'll be a little clunky since the posts are either thinner than the sensor or angled. Happy to hear anyone's thoughts. Thanks
Ford F-150 Ford Pro Trailer Backup Assist Sensor Install Guide (2021 F-150) IMG_7763.JPG

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
I can show you where NOT to put the sensor. My trailer is ~28' long and I had the sensor just behind the crank post. This worked at my primary boat landing. But got into a situation at a landing in the Keys where we had to back down further pulling the boat out and the sensor got dunked. If I go any closer to the bumper I'll have a ton of slack to deal with. So, when I get it replaced I'll think about mounting it up higher on either the crank post or the winch post. It'll be a little clunky since the posts are either thinner than the sensor or angled. Happy to hear anyone's thoughts. Thanks
IMG_7763.JPG
Hmmm. I have a shorter trailer - 18 foot boat - but that location you have it in would be pretty close to the spot on mine. I fear the exact same thing that bit you - safe position for all the ramps.

Truman

First Name
Truman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 150 Powerbost King Ranch
Occupation
Retired state trooper
I think we should dunk them as much and as often as we can and make ford do something with the sticker problem

Carphunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Stone Gray SCAB XLT 2.7 4x4
question... the pro backup assist is explicitly listed with the two technology package. but when you setup 360 cam with 53a... the cam just says reverse trailer guidance. when you put the 53a and 360 together...does it give you pro backup assist? or there another option/package you have to specify?
Sponsored