First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
Are you saying that with the sensor, you don't have to take measurements, it just figures it out? Because that would be sweet...

Otherwise I would think the sticker method is superior. Less cabling around your tongue, and if you have multiple trailers that would suck ass to keep moving it and securing it in the exact same spot as before. The sticker kit came with multiple stickers.
When the weather clears up I will play with it. You have to update the software in the truck to use the stickers???
Sponsored

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
I have a 2021 F150 King Ranch with max tow. It came with a sensor and a cable. The sensor mounts on the frame of the trailer and connects to the truck. From what I have read (i have not tried it) once the sensor is connected and you perform a few maneuvers the truck will figure out the length of the trailer and store in the trailer profile. The truck no long has a 4 pin light plug. it has been replaced by the plug for the sensor. They now include an adapter to utilize a four pin light hookup.
Thank you! Does your manual suggest that it covers fifth wheel trailers as well, or just bumper pull?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
When the weather clears up I will play with it. You have to update the software in the truck to use the stickers???
I read that in the guide! I am not sure, as I am coming from a 2017 F150 where there was never a sensor option. The guide had me measure distance to tires, to the sticker, etc. It guided me in the dash menu for trailer setup.

Due to HOA restrictions we cannot store RV's or trailers at home so I have to use a storage facility. This is something I'd want to secure to my trailer so it does not get stolen (everything is secured currently and I remove the battery) or figure out a way to remove and remount it every time (which may throw off the calibration).

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Thank you! Does your manual suggest that it covers fifth wheel trailers as well, or just bumper pull?
The manual says only conventional bumper trailers.

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB

Sponsored

DFlynn68

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Agriculture
I have a 2021 F150 King Ranch with max tow. It came with a sensor and a cable. The sensor mounts on the frame of the trailer and connects to the truck. From what I have read (i have not tried it) once the sensor is connected and you perform a few maneuvers the truck will figure out the length of the trailer and store in the trailer profile. The truck no long has a 4 pin light plug. it has been replaced by the plug for the sensor. They now include an adapter to utilize a four pin light hookup.
I have the same cable and sensor for my Fx4 Lariat. I have a conventional boat trailer. Problem is the sensor guide says to attach the sensor to a part of the trailer that does not move when turning -- suggests a 5th wheel or gooseneck. I can't get to the sticker set up because it prompts me to set up the trailer sensor. Any thoughts?

DFlynn68

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Agriculture
I found that I can back a trailer in to spots easier myself (I’m old). The going back straight works very well.
Are you able to set up the sticker option for your 2021 Platinum? I cannot get to the sticker set up on my 2021 Lariat. Are you using the sensor? What kind of trailer do you have?

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Are you able to set up the sticker option for your 2021 Platinum? I cannot get to the sticker set up on my 2021 Lariat. Are you using the sensor? What kind of trailer do you have?
To use the sticker, the guide says you have to have Ford update your software.

DFlynn68

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Agriculture
To use the sticker, the guide says you have to have Ford update your software.
Yep. Called Ford and operator says I'm up to date with no update scheduled on the horizon. Dealer never heard of the issue. Next step is to take it in and see if they can force an update. thanks

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
My new platinum came with something new. A wiring harness!
Trailer Sensor
my past truck just used a sticker.

Sponsored

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
According to this new video it looks like you can add an AUX camera like the Super Duty's have.

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Subscribed to the thread. So is it safe to assume if you have tow tech, tow pack w/360 or Max tow w/360 that you get this harness and sensor set-up versus the old sticker method.
Sponsored