First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Occupation
Business Systems Analyst
There is push back from government emergency managers (current and past) as AM is the best for emergency messages.

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
The battle is just beginning. Here in the midwest is big farm country. There is so much programming on AM that conforms to day to day farm stuff. Most farmers buy ford trucks. I personally have been told by two people that if ford drops AM they won't be buying ford.
Same thing goes for EV. No way EV trucks are going to be useful in this industry. Combine tractors won't run on electric.

OP
OP
Nasto

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew

Sponsored

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
Wow, Farley has a moment of clarity. Amazing.
"Policy leaders" == Ford Legal Department likely told him they'd be liable if customers were unable to get the notification. That, and/or legal reminded them they'd be at risk for Gov't $$ if they weren't compliant in some area. I don't buy for a minute that people talked sense into Ford, but rather they were shown the financial impact and quickly changed their tune. In my world with software, anything going through the government has a myriad of requirements/conditions tacked on or they won't buy. There's money involved somewhere.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Wow, Farley has a moment of clarity. Amazing.
well he added a year...don't hold your breathe for anything past that...they are good with dates, so they don't have to go past them.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
For Ford EVs that currently dont have AM, all it takes is a software update?!?!?!? This really blows my mind as to why they wouldnt just include it then since it literally would have cost Ford $0.00 more to just have it enabled from the factory.

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
I don't buy for a minute that people talked sense into Ford, but rather they were shown the financial impact and quickly changed their tune.
Well, isnt that having sense talked into them?

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
For Ford EVs that currently dont have AM, all it takes is a software update?!?!?!? This really blows my mind as to why they wouldnt just include it then since it literally would have cost Ford $0.00 more to just have it enabled from the factory.
I had the same thought lol
Sponsored