Sponsored

Ford Performance BLACK CHROME Exhaust Available!

Bikertrash

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB 502A BAP FX4 SCrew Aggate BAP Tow
My factory tip on 2022 PB simply pulled off, I scuffed it with sandpaper and shot it with high temp black paint. 6 light coats so no runs and I let it cure in the sun.

came out great
Sponsored

Stage3Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX CrewCab 4x4

Roscopcoletrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT...on order
I would never use a tip with type of clamping system its only a matter of time until it rattles itself loose.

ETA on the ford one is 7/3 If we have enough interest I can see what I can do pricing wise but still wont be "cheap"
What other options would you have that fit the new larger 21+ pipes?

Sponsored

Stage3Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX CrewCab 4x4
What other options would you have that fit the new larger 21+ pipes?
Not at the moment, I believe the issue is the exhaust was changed to metric, I believe it is an 80mm pipe which measures to 3.15" Ill have to see if our factory exhaust is around to get an accurate measurement. But if you want to measure your you may have better luck finding an alternative searching in mm

Roscopcoletrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT...on order
Not at the moment, I believe the issue is the exhaust was changed to metric, I believe it is an 80mm pipe which measures to 3.15" Ill have to see if our factory exhaust is around to get an accurate measurement. But if you want to measure your you may have better luck finding an alternative searching in mm
Yeah, 3 1/8 I believe you need to go over the stocker based on the Ford one

OP
OP
jaggah

jaggah

First Name
Joban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Powerboost
Please let us know!!!

SportySpace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5
Picked up a Bully 4 1/2” black tip from Canadian Tire for $40 CAD. Bolted on in minutes and can buy it 5 times for the price of this one! Crazy times.

Sponsored

Roscopcoletrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT...on order
Picked up a Bully 4 1/2” black tip from Canadian Tire for $40 CAD. Bolted on in minutes and can buy it 5 times for the price of this one! Crazy times.
thats what I put on. I drilled out the rivets, took off the plate. Put in new rivets to fill the holes and did 3 coats of plasti-dip matte black

Ford F-150 Ford Performance BLACK CHROME Exhaust Available! 1654518877485

SportySpace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5
Nice! I like the look with the plate off so might copy you on that.

We'll see how well it hold up through the winter, but I'm really impressed with it so far. Can always rattle can some surface rust if/when it pops up.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I got the OEM black tip. Yes, it is spendy but seems well made. It's about 3/8" thick and the finish is nice. I don't think it's painted (anodized?) and there is a gloss to the black finish. I got it through Ford Performance and picked it up at the dealer. While there I asked a service advisor about them putting it on for me. I wanted it tack welded on. The clamp is actually fairly stout, but I thought it would be better to tack weld it in place too. They don't do welding there so he referred me to a local muffler shop. The guy wasn't busy and he put it on while I waited for $20. It fit perfectly and looks way better than that stupid chrome tip.

Ford F-150 Ford Performance BLACK CHROME Exhaust Available! IMG_2021

OP
OP
jaggah

jaggah

First Name
Joban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Powerboost
I got the OEM black tip. Yes, it is spendy but seems well made. It's about 3/8" thick and the finish is nice. I don't think it's painted (anodized?) and there is a gloss to the black finish. I got it through Ford Performance and picked it up at the dealer. While there I asked a service advisor about them putting it on for me. I wanted it tack welded on. The clamp is actually fairly stout, but I thought it would be better to tack weld it in place too. They don't do welding there so he referred me to a local muffler shop. The guy wasn't busy and he put it on while I waited for $20. It fit perfectly and looks way better than that stupid chrome tip.

IMG_2021.jpg
More pics? Did you actually need to cut the tailpipe?

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
More pics? Did you actually need to cut the tailpipe?
Yes he cut the pipe per the supplied instructions. That's why I went to a muffler shop to get it done.
Sponsored