Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Ford has filed the patent below for "Vehicle Mirror System Having Trailer Towing Adjustment" which will give future Ford trucks the ability to automatically adjust themselves while towing, depending on the position of the trailer. The technology uses trailer angle sensors and adjustable viewing windows to track the movement of the trailer when driving in either forward or reverse

Ford F-150 Ford Patents Automatically Adjusting Mirrors for Easier Towing ford-trailer-towing-adjustment-mirror-system-1
Ford F-150 Ford Patents Automatically Adjusting Mirrors for Easier Towing ford-trailer-towing-adjustment-mirror-system-2
Ford F-150 Ford Patents Automatically Adjusting Mirrors for Easier Towing ford-trailer-towing-adjustment-mirror-system-3
Sponsored

FI300

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
A lot of these trailer features I don't really care for for but this would be nice.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i have my mirrors set on #3 driver setting its my TRAILER setting
mirrors, seat moves a bit fwd and steering wheel lifts just a touch so i can see the IP
i used to have #3 set to drop the mirrors really low when backing up trailer, but decided a dedicated setting was better. and NO WAY will i ever have 3 people as SET drivers of my truck

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Tomorrow they'll patent a way to make a ham sandwich. Amazing the resources they waste on such trivial things instead of making products better. They need to restructure their software team, not add more tasks to their to do list. Oh, and of course, release the PHEV F150 already.

furthermore who do they have on payroll at the patent office that allows such trivial thing through the door -- just like the 'auto repossess' patent nonsense of self driving cars. How on earth did the patent office given them the greenlight for remote destination entry of a vehicle capable of self driving. That's literally a function that exists in vehicles already operating on public roadways. A better move would have been to develop an advanced security system whereby only the owner can control anything about the vehicle with the ability to extend access / capability to 3rd parties on highly configurable basis. Take for instance a teenager who can only go to 1 place and with other easily set conditional variables while reporting things like seat occupancy and optional camera with physical disconnection means.

Last edited:

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Ford. Solving first world problems, one at a time.
Well they can take their anti-fogging solution and shove it up the engineer's asses that came up with it...

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
When towing I pull out the trailer mirrors for full extension and then adjust them from inside the cab. Having a special program do this saves me no time at all but does allow Ford to add another $500 to the price of the truck.

All these extras add $30,000 to the price of a truck and do not improve performance or safety for the owner.
Sponsored