Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I had tongue in cheek.
These days even working at a dealership probably has few if any advantages regarding updates. :)
Nah. If I still worked at a Ford dealer, I would have access to FDRS and a VCM3 tool that writes MUCH faster than a Mongoose. I wouldn't need no stinkin' OTAs. ;)
Sponsored

hedge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350
FP hasn't worked for me since mid-February. I tried 3 attempts of unplugging the TCU with no luck, I did a 4th attempt at unplugging overnight and this time it worked so my truck is now back on the air. This time I unplugged all 3 cables, don't think that had anything to do with it but maybe... my suspicion is more that Ford changed something on the cloud side. Whatever it was, glad to have FordPass back, and it did an update as soon as it came back too.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I believe the GWM OTA update currently being reported by a bunch of folks is addressing this issue?

Of course if your TCU is currently not working, it's difficult to get the fix OTA. :(

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
And yes.... Behind the truck is dirty snow banks
I was just cringing at that poor Camry (?) to the left thats covered in crap..

speeddemon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150
well, my truck started magically working today and downloaded/installed "Ford Power up 4.2.1" update. Everything seems happy now and Fordpass features all work again.

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I had tongue in cheek.
These days even working at a dealership probably has few if any advantages regarding updates. :)
[/QUOTE
You are so right...

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I was just cringing at that poor Camry (?) to the left thats covered in crap..
Up here that is normal for vehicles to look like that as the snow melts. That one belongs to one of the kids that work here and a clean car is not on their to do list much....lol

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Mine hasn’t connected since March 14th and has now lost all navigation functionality on top of that. Not a biggie. I don’t really need it/ desire to sit in the dealer to get it back. If it doesn’t come back in 2-3 months I *may* start to think about bringing it in. It usually connects for a week then disconnects for the next week.

I have all ready decided to order an old fashioned remote start from Ford accessories, the FordPass and Sync system has been the most unreliable system on the market since it came out in 2011. My dad has never had one that worked correct out of 3-4 trucks. They are lucky the rest of the trucks are great besides the infotainment lol.

Last edited:

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
For those using the Ford Pass Widget:

Ford F-150 Ford Pass not updating/working. Screenshot_20230323_172635_Ford Status Widget

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
My FP stopped updating Odometer, Gas, location, etc., on March 18th. I've tried all the normal resets that the in truck screen will allow, signed out and in of the app, deleted and then reinstalled the up, still nothing. Then today, I decided to delete my truck from the app, then add it, and then activate it...well, it wont activate now.

I finally called the Ford Pass hotline. After lots of holding, I was told that supposedly this next OTA is going to fix it. I have 4.2.1, but the new one is supposedly 4.2.1.2 and has been pushed for awhile but it might take a bit to get to me. I was told that I should have it by April 4. Not sure I believe all that.

I might try the TCU thing, if I can find it.

Sponsored

MikeyDog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
My FP stopped updating Odometer, Gas, location, etc., on March 18th. I've tried all the normal resets that the in truck screen will allow, signed out and in of the app, deleted and then reinstalled the up, still nothing. Then today, I decided to delete my truck from the app, then add it, and then activate it...well, it wont activate now.

I finally called the Ford Pass hotline. After lots of holding, I was told that supposedly this next OTA is going to fix it. I have 4.2.1, but the new one is supposedly 4.2.1.2 and has been pushed for awhile but it might take a bit to get to me. I was told that I should have it by April 4. Not sure I believe all that.

I might try the TCU thing, if I can find it.
This whole Ford Pass/TCU thing is getting ridiculous. I got back my navigation but Ford Pass not functioning. I understand there is some additional enhanced features I can pay for, but why on earth would I subscribe when the base functionality is nonexistent? C'mon Ford! Get this fixed!

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Found the TCU....not fun sort of tearing into a brand new truck....unplugged it all nite....plugged it back in today....no change. Still won't let me activate my truck in the app. Not sure what I do now...wait for another magic update, take it to a dealer, diconnect the battery. Not kewl Ford.

OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Found the TCU....not fun sort of tearing into a brand new truck....unplugged it all nite....plugged it back in today....no change. Still won't let me activate my truck in the app. Not sure what I do now...wait for another magic update, take it to a dealer, diconnect the battery. Not kewl Ford.
In the last two weeks, I have received three over-the-air updates. The latest, 4.2.2.1, was updated sometime today between 8 AM and Noon.

It was very frustrating but since the first update around the 23rd of March, I have had no problems. My fingers are crossed with this statement of not having any problems.

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
In the last two weeks, I have received three over-the-air updates. The latest, 4.2.2.1, was updated sometime today between 8 AM and Noon.

It was very frustrating but since the first update around the 23rd of March, I have had no problems. My fingers are crossed with this statement of not having any problems.

Good to hear for you. But here's my worry....if the truck just isn't connecting well to anyting...the app, etc., there's a good chance it might be able to receive the needed updates. It's sort of a catch 22, or chicken and egg thing.....the update might fix the conectivity issues.....but the connectivity issues won't allow the update to occur!!! Or maybe I will get lucky, and another update fixes the issues....but I'm pretty much out of hope at the moment.

MikeyDog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
Just found out there is a TSB 23-2121 related to Ford Pass. I posted a thread on it. Anyone know what the TSB is?
Sponsored