First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
January 4th is how long since I received my last position update on FordPass.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Can you post a pic of your connectivity settings menu

OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Can you post a pic of your connectivity settings menu
I attached a picture of my connectivity menu.

I did not realize the TCU must also do WiFI since I don't have connectivity to my home WiFi network either.

Ford F-150 Ford Pass not updating/working. IMG_7617

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I attached a picture of my connectivity menu.

I did not realize the TCU must also do WiFI since I don't have connectivity to my home WiFi network either.

IMG_7617.jpg
Yeah it’s not seeing the tcu.

You said you left it unplugged overnight? That is the exact issue that everyone has and the unplug overnight works.

If that doesn’t fix you have a tcu issue.

Try to unplug it one more time and make sure to leave it several hours if that doesn’t you’ll have to get with the dealer and that is not something I say with pleasure. I’d rather you send me the tcu rather than go to the dealer so I can confirm if it is bad or not

OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Yeah it’s not seeing the tcu.

You said you left it unplugged overnight? That is the exact issue that everyone has and the unplug overnight works.

If that doesn’t fix you have a tcu issue.

Try to unplug it one more time and make sure to leave it several hours if that doesn’t you’ll have to get with the dealer and that is not something I say with pleasure. I’d rather you send me the tcu rather than go to the dealer so I can confirm if it is bad or not
I would be more than happy to send it to you and of course give you a "donation" via Paypal for your time. I will unplug it one more time and go from there. This weekend when I have access to my OBD2 dongle will try resetting the TCU too.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I would be more than happy to send it to you and of course give you a "donation" via Paypal for your time. I will unplug it one more time and go from there. This weekend when I have access to my OBD2 dongle will try resetting the TCU too.
Ok. Do that one more time make sure to leave it overnight. The cable for forscan is $30-60 I really suggest having it or forscan it’s invaluable with these trucks .

Let me know

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
January 4th is how long since I received my last position update on FordPass.
Wonder if that was the day my FP stopped. It was just fine the next time I looked.
FWIW, I've been doing alot of cleaning up on my Iphone, and some reboots as well. It was acting a little weird before that. FWIW, I haven't allowed IOS16 to download. I doubt my XR can handle the demands on its hardware without being slowed down too much.

OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Ok. Do that one more time make sure to leave it overnight. The cable for forscan is $30-60 I really suggest having it or forscan it’s invaluable with these trucks .

Let me know
I have the cable, but we are doing some renovations in our house, and I packed it away. I used it on my 2020 Expedition. The renovations started last February and were only going to be a couple of weeks. I also did not plan on buying a new truck when I packed it away, :cool: . Hmmm, almost a year now!!! LOL Got to love supply chain problems! The cable is in a relative's garage we use for storage during the renovations. I need to go through the boxes to find it, but it is a good excuse for the wife since there are some other items I need to get out of storage too. I have lots of other things I want to do with Forscan on the new truck; digits under the gauges, double beep eliminate, bambi mode, etc.

MikeyDog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
Where is this TCU located? Last week I got an alert about low tire pressure on one tire, but the display showed all the pressures were the same. I checked all with a gauge to verify pressures were good. Ford Pass also displayed the alert and later that day I was unable to perform any remote tasks. I also noticed no navigation with a strike through cloud icon. Would this all be related and curable with a TCU reset or Sync 4 master reset? Going on 4 days now.

Sponsored

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Supercrew XLT 302A
I'm wondering if this is a '23 issue. I left my TCU unplugged for 8 hours after FP stopped working and it's still locked up.

Unplugged again and I'll leave it for 24 hours.

OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I'm wondering if this is a '23 issue. I left my TCU unplugged for 8 hours after FP stopped working, and it's still locked up.

Unplugged it again, and I'll leave it for 24 hours.

My TCU has been intermittent since I picked it up on Dec 10, 2022.

The longest stretch of the outage was on Jan 4 to Jan 13. In hopes of fixing the TCU, I unplugged it multiple times, leaving it unplugged for different amounts of time. My original time frame was 24 hours, as suggested by @Jesse-Infotainment and others in this thread.

It randomly started working on Friday evening after two days of being powered. When it did start working, it was strange because it acted like it remembered all the times I tried to lock/unlock with FordPass once it restored the network connection! I thought my truck was having another problem until I realized the TCU started working.

The plan was to use Forscan this weekend and reset the TCU, but it started working before I could use Forscan.

This may explain the reports of the lights going on and off randomly. Perhaps the trucks with random light actions were caused by buffered FordPass attempts to lock or unlock the truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The TCU reset was about a week ago and worked great. However, as of this morning, it has been silent for 17 hours.

The rumor is Ford will have an update soon. It can't come soon enough!

OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Happy to say my TCU is now working. For how long, well, that is yet to be determined. It just randomly started working again after 18 days. This is the third time the connectivity has failed and then randomly, or should I say, magically started working.

I did turn off automatic updates as recommended in another thread post.
Sponsored