Ford Pass not updating/working.

MikeyDog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
Same problem here. Stopped working for a week, then worked for a week. Now stopped working a week ago.
Sponsored

speeddemon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150
Mine stopped working after having my truck new from the dealer after 4 weeks. I unplugged it and waited 15 minutes and plugged it back in and its been working fine now for several days...seems to be a software or firmware issue we are having I'd guess???

MikeyDog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
Was out for two separate one week periods since receiving my truck at end of last year. Both times it resumed it seemed to have updated. It has now been working for the past two weeks.

Cephas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT 302a Sport Carbonized Grey
Mine stopped working on March 3. Ford tells me they will be issuing a fix by the end of April. I am mildly annoyed. Not trade-in for a Tundra annoyed but come one, Ford get your act together!

Sponsored

MikeyDog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
Mine stopped working on March 3. Ford tells me they will be issuing a fix by the end of April. I am mildly annoyed. Not trade-in for a Tundra annoyed but come one, Ford get your act together!
I am extremely annoyed. This is the third time for me since the beginning of the year. WTF Ford!

WolF150

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
My FordPass stopped working in November 2022. I deleted truck from FordPass and that didn't work. Did a master reset and that didn't work. Found this board and followed instructions to unplug TCU for 24 hrs.....That didn't work, I even did it twice. Set appt at the Ford Dealer which is a month out, but get this, the dealer has to get Ford's permission to work on the Modem. Totally lame, $76,000 of lameness. I Wish I would have kept my 2013 F150 Platinum Ecoboost. I had it 6 years and it was never in the shop.
22 PowerBoost Lariat
3 recalls
1 cracked Heat exchanger
1 dead Modem
ProPower is not available to Ground fault
Almost had it a year, can't wait to see what happens this year

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Mine stopped working yesterday evening. Never had this issue before but it is very annoying. Going to try to reset the TCU with Forscan tonight to see if that helps.

Last edited:

WolF150

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Here is a pic of my screen. I entered into diagnostic mode and you can see the status of the TCU etc. TCU is green and the other 3 are blood red. Not sure what this means but I think they should be green
Ford F-150 Ford Pass not updating/working. IMG_0713

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Reset the TCU module in Forscan and it is back working for me.

Sponsored

XLT_SuperCab

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT SuperCab
For the guys whose Ford Pass hasn’t updated their location. I found out quite by accident when my Ford Pass had not updated my location/mileage/fuel for days on my tablet or phone, I could tap on Ford Pass swipe down… hold and a download icon would appear. Once it shows up continue holding until the icon starts working to update your current location.

speeddemon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150
March 3rd at 5:58PM? Thats my latest date of doom.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Mine stopped connecting for the 4th time last night since I bought it a month ago. I’m wondering if Ford now includes basic navigation on the STX, because with no connective services or data it just reverts to old fashioned factory Nav that still works just without traffic and weather updates. Everything I read previous said if you don’t have connective service on below Lariat you lost all Nav, doesn’t appear to be the case anymore.

Last edited:

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
well, this is odd, mine crapped out last night too. I had connectivity yesterday, even used Ford Pass to remote start. This morning however, no signal. and FP cant find the truck.

and my truck is on a battery tender. so I know the voltage didnt get too low or something.

guess I will go pull the fuse AGAIN. thinking of putting in a small toggle switch hidden under the dash where I can turn power on/off to the TCU. seems like I spend a lot of time reseting that thing for a brand new truck

OP
OP
WD8CXB

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
well, this is odd, mine crapped out last night too. I had connectivity yesterday, even used Ford Pass to remote start. This morning however, no signal. and FP cant find the truck.

and my truck is on a battery tender. so I know the voltage didnt get too low or something.

guess I will go pull the fuse AGAIN. thinking of putting in a small toggle switch hidden under the dash where I can turn power on/off to the TCU. seems like I spend a lot of time reseting that thing for a brand new truck
My TCU stopped working last night too. Been 18 hours since I was able to connect to outside services. No Alexa, Weather, etc. This is so frustrating. Yes, it could be worse but it is a known problem, and it is taking way too long to fix. My customers would be furious if it took me this long to fix a bug in my firmware!

On the good side, I did not get any messages on FordPass that my front collision avoidance sensor is blocked by snow!! Yesterday every time I stopped at a light it reminded me my front collision avoidance sensor was blocked. Maybe I should just tell mother nature to stop with the snow, so my front sensor is not blocked! I only need to be reminded once and cleaning off the sensor would only work for a few miles when you are in a wet heavy snowstorm!
Sponsored