OP
OP
ib_jigged

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
I wish I did not have to use it, but when it is below zero during the day, I would like to warm it up properly before I leave from work and if it gets below -10 (was -35 the other day) I like to start mid day and let it warm up some too.

My old Astro Start on my 2012 had way better range than the stock fob that comes with these things.
Sponsored

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
I wish I did not have to use it, but when it is below zero during the day, I would like to warm it up properly before I leave from work and if it gets below -10 (was -35 the other day) I like to start mid day and let it warm up some too.

My old Astro Start on my 2012 had way better range than the stock fob that comes with these things.
It was so cold out yesterday in many parts of the country that too many people were probably clicking remote start around the same time on their Fordpass app and crashed the system. :unsure: I hope that Ford beefs the Fordpass backend up to handle the loads better if that was the cause.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Got a message yesterday afternoon in the app that said Fordpass is unavailable. It appears that the Fordpass App was not working for anyone for a couple of hours.

Anyway, since the Fordpass App wouldn't allow me to remote start my truck yesterday I tried to use my KeyFob to remote start it. For some reason the key fob wouldn't let me remote start the truck either, but would allow me to unlock and lock.

Now that FordPass App is working again, my Keyfob also allows me to remote start too. Does anyone have any idea why the key fob wouldn't work? I thought the Keyfob is just a RF signal not dependent on the Fordpass App working.
They shouldn't have any relation. My fob worked for remote start yesterday when the app was down.

Possibly out of range for the fob yesterday?

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
They shouldn't have any relation. My fob worked for remote start yesterday when the app was down.

Possibly out of range for the fob yesterday?
Not out of range because lock and unlock on the key fob worked, and I remote started it fine with the key fob from the same location today. I'm guessing that when Fordpass crashed yesterday when I used that first that maybe the remote start processing inside the truck only halfway enabled and that possibly because of that the key fob remote start was locked out. Anyway, that's my wild a$$ guess and all is well now.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Is it just a coincidence that my Ford Pass stops working when my truck is at the dealership or do they have a way of disabling it?

When they were preping my new truck for delivery, I had the Ford Pass activated and received an alert when they opened the doors.

Then it stopped.

After I picked it up, I reconnected and it’s been alerting me ever since.

Now I have it in for service and the last alert I got was when they opened the door to put the mirror tag in it for service.

Since then… crickets!

Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
You know, I wondered the same thing on Tuesday when I had mine in for service. However, there were quite a few people here that it wasn't working for either.

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
You know, I wondered the same thing on Tuesday when I had mine in for service. However, there were quite a few people here that it wasn't working for either.
Mine was down for a day and it never left the garage. The app did say they were working on it so I really didn't give it a second thought, it came back up yesterday.

RCR001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
On my second 2021 and it has worked every time i ask it to, Use it daily , Not trying to Rub it in just that often the only posts on somethings are negative. Android phone by the way!

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Ford Pass is a joke! 1641477261315

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Is it just a coincidence that my Ford Pass stops working when my truck is at the dealership or do they have a way of disabling it?

When they were preping my new truck for delivery, I had the Ford Pass activated and received an alert when they opened the doors.

Then it stopped.

After I picked it up, I reconnected and it’s been alerting me ever since.

Now I have it in for service and the last alert I got was when they opened the door to put the mirror tag in it for service.

Since then… crickets!
Mystery solved... (and of course it was HERE the whole time!)

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...2v-battery-drain-issue.1691/page-5#post-81045

They put it in "Deep Sleep Mode" to prevent it from draining the battery while in the shop.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean somebody isn't out to get you!!"

...but sometimes, you're just paranoid!
Sponsored