Sponsored

Ford Pass is a joke!

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
So, I have had my truck for 2 months now and almost exactly half the days I have wanted to start it via Ford Pass, it has not worked for some damn reason.

I always get some BS that Ford is updating something or another. I sit too far away for my fob to start my truck in sub zero temps. I was so looking forward to this feature!
Sponsored

Roll.Tide

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
So, I have had my truck for 2 months now and almost exactly half the days I have wanted to start it via Ford Pass, it has not worked for some damn reason.

I always get some BS that Ford is updating something or another. I sit too far away for my fob to start my truck in sub zero temps. I was so looking forward to this feature!
Same issue, mine has never worked. All I get from Ford is the run around.

SteveJ2477

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XL STX
Mine has failed to start my STX a few times. Otherwise it’s been great. I wonder if you need to delete the app and reload?

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
Nothing internet related has ever worked properly with Ford. They simply can’t be trusted to pull off anything of the sorts.
I would never trust a ford vehicle with the Phone As A Key functionality, because I know it’ll leave me unable to start my car.

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Working fine here. First time there was an issue since I bought it in March. Wife’s ‘19 Stang works fine too.
Shit happens.

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
I've only missed 1-2 days of it not working due to app maintenance.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
Mine wasn’t working at dinner time but it’s working now

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Making lego parts for new vehicles
Used it twice to remote start. That was enough to learn that it completely trashes my phone settings and forgets what Pandora is. It does keep track of service so that's what I use it for.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I really have no need to remote start my truck as it's stored in a garage. Last week I was at a restaurant and when we were fixing to leave I decided to at least see if it works. It did for me. It's faster than my old Ram's Uconnect system. The Uconnect took close to 5 minutes to start the couple of times I tried it.

FXDR131

First Name
Paige
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT SC Sport - On Order - 2022 Lariat SC 4x4
Occupation
Business Owner
I'm sorry it is not working for you. I personally use it with a less than 5% failure rate, I use it daily almost daily and use most of the features. Have you tried to contact the live support?

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Got a message yesterday afternoon in the app that said Fordpass is unavailable. It appears that the Fordpass App was not working for anyone for a couple of hours.

Anyway, since the Fordpass App wouldn't allow me to remote start my truck yesterday I tried to use my KeyFob to remote start it. For some reason the key fob wouldn't let me remote start the truck either, but would allow me to unlock and lock.

Now that FordPass App is working again, my Keyfob also allows me to remote start too. Does anyone have any idea why the key fob wouldn't work? I thought the Keyfob is just a RF signal not dependent on the Fordpass App working.
Sponsored

Last edited: