First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
Got a new 2021 Lariat and have been unable to authorize it in Ford Pass. Called Ford Pass and they say authorizations have been down for the past 2 days and to just try again later. Is there any status site that ford offer's to check the availability and health of Ford Pass? Getting kind of tired just trying again all day. Anyone else unable to authorize a new vehicle with Ford Pass?
Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Bronco Spt BL , '21 Tremor Ordered
I noticed when you open the Ford pass app it actually gives you a pop-up notification stating what you just posted. The pop-up said they are aware of it and they are fixing it. I would hope that they are going to remove that message when it's fixed. Maybe just try and open the app instead of having to go thru all the other motions.

OP
OP

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
I see the popup message now. This popup wasn't occurring the past couple days when trying this. Glad to see they are publicly acknowledging it now rather than having to call in.

OP
OP

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
Looks like its back up now. Authorization was successful.

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
Hey folks!!

Further information on this whole issue. I was on for 4+ hours in the last two days with Fordpass support. The young lady that helped me this morning told me that their group is well aware of an issue with the authorization and connected applications. It goes like this...

Your vehicle is connected with the Ford system on the last day before it is released from build to shipment. If you had missing modules, you will see this happen after they put that last chip/module in the vehicle. Call that day zero...

When your vehicle ships to your dealer before a 10 day clock has ran from day zero, if you have had a PDI or other Fordpass connection attempt you end up with an autorization issue. Ford may get it to respond and do things during the PDI but the over the air and connected stuff won't necessarily function correctly. If you do anything with it to connect it to your Fordpass app or SiriusXM 360L etc, you will end up with data sticking in the TCU (I believe is the module) and becoming stale. It won't try to replace it or clean it up, Ford has to do it with reloading the modules and in some cases recalibration.

Seems one of the solutions is to wait til that 10 day window has run and then try to get all the telematics up and running. My truck hit the 10 day window today, the Fordpass guide said it has not checked in to Ford since the release day of 7 July and they do not show any location updates since then.

Good luck and enjoy your new trucks! I am off to the dealer on Monday morning to get my TCU software reloaded and then I am hopefully good til I need my first oil change.

Sponsored

claytonr

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I received a message in the app that they will be crediting users with 11,000 points in your FordPass Rewards accounts by July 31st for the recent performance issues with the app.

jafo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Star white
Hey folks!!

Further information on this whole issue. I was on for 4+ hours in the last two days with Fordpass support. The young lady that helped me this morning told me that their group is well aware of an issue with the authorization and connected applications. It goes like this...

Your vehicle is connected with the Ford system on the last day before it is released from build to shipment. If you had missing modules, you will see this happen after they put that last chip/module in the vehicle. Call that day zero...

When your vehicle ships to your dealer before a 10 day clock has ran from day zero, if you have had a PDI or other Fordpass connection attempt you end up with an autorization issue. Ford may get it to respond and do things during the PDI but the over the air and connected stuff won't necessarily function correctly. If you do anything with it to connect it to your Fordpass app or SiriusXM 360L etc, you will end up with data sticking in the TCU (I believe is the module) and becoming stale. It won try to replace it or clean it up, Ford has to do it with reloading the modules and in some cases recalibration.

Seems one of the solutions is to wait til that 10 day window has run and then try to get all the telematics up and running. My truck hit the 10 day window today, the Fordpass guide said it has not checked in to Ford since the release day of 7 July and they do not show any location updates since then.

Good luck and enjoy your new trucks! I am off to the dealer on Monday morning to get my TCU software reloaded and then I am hopefully good til I need my first oil change.
I just purchased mine over the weekend and am having the same issue. Is there an advisory or TSB I can point my dealer to?

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
I just purchased mine over the weekend and am having the same issue. Is there an advisory or TSB I can point my dealer to?
I was told that there was or should have been a notice out to the dealers/service departments. I asked my local one who is usually above board with me and he doesn't remember seeing it. They are pissed with Ford for how all of this is being handled.
21 July I was on with Fordpass team and they told me there are known issues and protocols laid out but that they are still "follow the flowchart, refer to dealer to fix" if their flowchart doesn't resolve the issues. I have now started to see a pattern; when the Fordpass isn't responding, the flowchart considers it a dead modem when in reality it is a programming failure on the GW and/or TCU. I will have a better idea tomorrow after my time at the dealer. Details to follow.....

jafo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Star white
I was told that there was or should have been a notice out to the dealers/service departments. I asked my local one who is usually above board with me and he doesn't remember seeing it. They are pissed with Ford for how all of this is being handled.
21 July I was on with Fordpass team and they told me there are known issues and protocols laid out but that they are still "follow the flowchart, refer to dealer to fix" if their flowchart doesn't resolve the issues. I have now started to see a pattern; when the Fordpass isn't responding, the flowchart considers it a dead modem when in reality it is a programming failure on the GW and/or TCU. I will have a better idea tomorrow after my time at the dealer. Details to follow.....
Dealer had mine for most of the day and did not figure it out. They were on with ford. Ford says it should be fine since the truck passes all the tests on the truck end, but it doesn't talk back. Monday the main service advisor is back from vacation and we hope he will have some more insight.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Ok, I will give my experience and suggestion. I have gotten two trucks, one 6/22 and one 7/21 and they both did the same thing. While at the dealership, FORDPass would not activate. Once we left while driving down the road, I had to unsync the phone b/c we were moving, I was able to get FORDPass to load and activate. Not sure what it is about moving but with both trucks, once we pulled over to try to finish, it would stop and tell us it was not available but if we kept moving, the process worked and finished. So that is my experience with it. Hope it helps someone.
Sponsored