Ford Pass App & 360 Cameras

Vinnrox250

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F150 Limited & '21 Ford Explorer Platinum
Hello All, So I know the feature currently doesn't exist, hopeful they can add it, but I doubt it. Doesn't seem like it would be more than a software update?

So many of these new trucks have the 360 Camera System, and all have the Ford Pass App, and they have a Modem inside. I wonder if there was ever a thought to add the option to sync the Find My Car feature with Surround View Monitor Cameras? I ask as someone I know has a 2022 Kia Stinger and it has it and it's a feature that lets you see what's around your car. I think this would be such an awesome feature to have.

FIND MY CAR WITH SURROUND VIEW MONITOR: shows your vehicle location and allows you to remotely capture 360-degree-view photos surrounding your Stinger through the Kia Access with UVO link13 app, allowing you to see the activity around your vehicle before you approach.

But I am wondering if I can get a similar set up with a front and rear facing Dash Cam System? I have been looking at the BlackVue DR900x 2 Channel. Obviously not as clean or convenient, but similar result.
Sponsored

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
Unfortunately what you’re asking for is not a feature. There’s a lot of untapped potential for the 360 degree cameras, they would make an excellent security recording and monitoring system. Maybe one day. The potential is there.

Otherwise, a dashcam system like what you’re talking about would be the next best thing, although inelegant.

OP
OP
Vinnrox250

Vinnrox250

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F150 Limited & '21 Ford Explorer Platinum
Unfortunately what you’re asking for is not a feature. There’s a lot of untapped potential for the 360 degree cameras, they would make an excellent security recording and monitoring system. Maybe one day. The potential is there.

Otherwise, a dashcam system like what you’re talking about would be the next best thing, although inelegant.
Ya I didn’t think it was, but you’re right, there is a lot of untapped potential. I am sure it will come at some point, Tesla has it, obviously, and Kia has it, so it’s a matter of time. Was hoping it would maybe be a future OTA update. Will see.
Ya a dash cam I’m not totally sold on yet, it would be hardwired if I did one, and it serves more purpose but still, not super clean.
Sponsored