First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone have experience with the official ford bed mat? How’s the quality? Thickness? Would you recommend it? I don’t need the spray on liner or plastic liner. I just need something to prevent stuff from shifting while moving.
Sponsored

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
Also interested to know. I think there are two, an "impact" one (presumably thicker/provides more protection) and a regular one. Curious to hear feedback on either, or if folks recommend aftermarket solutions. I've watched videos showing the WeatherTech one and it looks pretty thin...

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone have experience with the official ford bed mat? How’s the quality? Thickness? Would you recommend it? I don’t need the spray on liner or plastic liner. I just need something to prevent stuff from shifting while moving.
Yes, I had one on my 2016 Platiumn on top of my spray in liner - I never had any issues. Great realiability and it was around 1/2" think. It was heavy for me to pull in & out of the bed during cleaning but I managed. I plan on adding one to my 2021.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
Another option is a Bed Rug that just covers the floor of the bed. I've had one since 2013 and I've hauled just about everything in the bed. It fit my 13 and my 18 just fine. It's about half inch thick and it's easy on your knees if you have to crawl around in the bed. It also prevents stuff from sliding around and it's cheaper than the Ford mat. When it gets dirty I pull it out and hose it or sweep it off.
It's also light weight but rugged and I'm putting it in my 21 when I get that.

papa.charlie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat SCrew F-150 PB FX4
Also interested to know. I think there are two, an "impact" one (presumably thicker/provides more protection) and a regular one. Curious to hear feedback on either, or if folks recommend aftermarket solutions. I've watched videos showing the WeatherTech one and it looks pretty thin...
Doesn't look like 2021 is available yet but these Black Armour Mats might be worth a look

Sponsored

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Doesn't look like 2021 is available yet but these Black Armour Mats might be worth a look
I checked this out, read the spec’s & warranty. I’m like it. I hope they come out soon for 2021’s. I’m going with this over OEM. Thx for posting. This helped change my mine from OEM to this brand.

papa.charlie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat SCrew F-150 PB FX4
I checked this out, read the spec’s & warranty. I’m like it. I hope they come out soon for 2021’s. I’m going with this over OEM. Thx for posting. This helped change my mine from OEM to this brand.
I reached out to customer support who were very quick to get back to me and confirmed they are just in the middle of adding 2021 to their site but assured me that the 2020's are indeed the same size/fit.
Sponsored