• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford needs to let us buy the pro with extended range

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
Did I fall out of the Ford forum into a Tesla universe in this thread? WTF? lol seriously though, comparing how 2 completely different companies operate is like the difference between Microsoft and Apple.

Sure they do similar things for similar reasons with similar components but there's no way you could ever mistake one with the other in any way shape or form when it comes to business strategy and implementation.

This thread is a trainwreck of off topic beyond belief.
@RLXXI; I could've saved myself a good five minutes of angry keyboard pecking if I had just read this far...
Sponsored

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
I am guessing it is either motivated by some potential Federal infrastructure money or just an additional source of revenue during idle times. With all the Tesla owners that now have to stand in line to charge in some locations, there must be creative pricing for none Tesla owners especially during high demand times to keep owning a Tesla an advantage while milking more profit from reselling power at idle times. In short, I think it will keep none Tesla EVs from being stranded but in practice, it may not be their first choice.
The infrastructure bill specifically targets Tesla in its message about funding EV Charging Networks, in that all networks must be open to multiple manufacturers. Thus, Tesla opening its network, in order to get a potential amount of federal funds to build more charging stations. Reportedly, some ideas Tesla has about charging non-Tesla vehicles is that they will charge slower and cost a little bit more.

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
First you'll need an adapter which will be super clunky, super slow, super expensive. See the Tesla to CCS charger adapter. Then you need to develop and deploy a way to pay for charging. The superchargers were not designed to accept payment from non-Teslas. This will take years.
All you need is the Tesla app to pay for charging.

Sponsored

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
What exactly do Tesla innards have to do with getting non teslas charged at supercharger?
Nothing other than the fact that you were surprised that Teslas have a big center screen that displays a lot of information, including charging status?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Nothing other than the fact that you were surprised that Teslas have a big center screen that displays a lot of information, including charging status?
I wasn't surprised with that. I was surprised that you thought non teslas display that sort of information, even with a big screen.

OP
OP
Skynetf150

Skynetf150

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 5.0 customized
Occupation
Construction
I'm obviously confused, outside of not being a sedan, four wheels and being electric are the lightning and the cyber truck really competitors? I just don't get how a vehicle that was announced what, three years ago and still doesn't exist and the lightning keep coming up in the same conversations, let's compare the Bentley and the Hyundai, they're both four door sedans, and good luck with that phone call to Bill Ford telling him "what He's gotta do!" and how your market research is far more realistic than the millions of dollars he's spent making the decisions he's made about which to sell and why! sigh, putting my soapbox away...
Hmm let's see they are both electric trucks that cost roughly the same how don't you understand they are both in direct competition of each other? The cybertruck for 50k has a 300 mile range so Ford is going to drop the ball by not having as good as a range as Tesla

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Hmm let's see they are both electric trucks that cost roughly the same how don't you understand they are both in direct competition of each other? The cybertruck for 50k has a 300 mile range so Ford is going to drop the ball by not having as good as a range as Tesla
Those are big assumptions you're making there. Its not like Elon has ever overpromised and underdelivered..oh wait...

You also assume CT will ever see the light of day...

Sponsored

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Worker of lead
Again, that they are both electric is the only real comparative point

OP
OP
Skynetf150

Skynetf150

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 5.0 customized
Occupation
Construction
Again, that they are both electric is the only real comparative point
And that they are both 4 door trucks..... and that they cost roughly the same..........

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Worker of lead
And that they are both 4 door trucks..... and that they cost roughly the same..........
You know, you’re absolutely right, what the heck was I thinking!

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Worker of lead
Those are big assumptions you're making there. Its not like Elon has ever overpromised and underdelivered..oh wait...

You also assume CT will ever see the light of day...
Hey, you cut that out, Elon has taken deposits! and the cyber truck doesn’t just look really really kewl it’s bulletproof! and there’s a new Tesla roadster that’s being released as we speak and the Tesla semi will be released by the end of the week and the Tesla tunnel that’s paved in yellow bricks is real, it really really is!

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Hey, you cut that out, Elon has taken deposits! and the cyber truck doesn’t just look really really kewl it’s bulletproof! and there’s a new Tesla roadster that’s being released as we speak and the Tesla semi will be released by the end of the week and the Tesla tunnel that’s paved in yellow bricks is real, it really really is!
In related news, did anyone catch Elon saying the Cybertruck would be released "in about a year or so" during the Tesla cult AI event. During this same event Elon thinks Tesla is going to introduce a robot next year...go figure
Sponsored