• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford needs to let us buy the pro with extended range

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
You do know that Pro includes a whole bunch of driver assist features as standard?
You’re kidding. I honestly didn’t know that. I assumed at this most basic trim level we would have to drive it ourselves.
Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
You’re kidding. I honestly didn’t know that. I assumed at this most basic trim level we would have to drive it ourselves.
You still have to drive it yourself, but some of those features are nice.

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
You do know that Pro includes a whole bunch of driver assist features as standard?
Shutterbug is correct. The Pro comes with Co-Pilot360 2.0, which is Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking (Includes Pedestrian Detection, Forward Collision Warning and Dynamic Brake Support), BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert, Lane-Keeping System (Includes Lane- Keeping Alert, Lane-Keeping Aid and Driver Alert), Rear View Camera, Auto High Beam headlamps, Reverse Sensing System, Reverse Brake Assist and Post-Collision Braking.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Is there a description of what exactly entails a "fleet" order? I set up an account long ago but have never ordered any vehicles. It also looks like the fleet site might have its own ordering/waitlist so might not be a good idea for me to submit a new order via the fleet site. Will we need to order a minimum of trucks to qualify for the Pro w/ ER? My business only needs one...

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Is there a description of what exactly entails a "fleet" order? I set up an account long ago but have never ordered any vehicles. It also looks like the fleet site might have its own ordering/waitlist so might not be a good idea for me to submit a new order via the fleet site. Will we need to order a minimum of trucks to qualify for the Pro w/ ER? My business only needs one...
5 Trucks is the minimum I believe.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
There's a Ford website that has the qualifications to be issued a fleet identification number. Look that up. I believe the only way to get it without having to have purchased multiple vehicles over the past year is to have a taxi business. You would have to apply for the licenses from your municipality to have that sort of business as well.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Is it possible to "buy" a fleet Pro ER from an existing fleet reservation if that company does not need to use that reservation ?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Is it possible to "buy" a fleet Pro ER from an existing fleet reservation if that company does not need to use that reservation ?
I guess if you knew someone who buys vehicles for a business you might be able to work out a deal. I don't know what that would do for their business accounting and also the business purchasing the vehicle would have to be the entity to claim the tax credit as it current stands.

3putter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilot
Ford absolutely needs to let non-fleet folks buy the ER Pro. I'm surprised by all the talk of the CT on this thread. If I have to pay in the $60ks for 300m range, I may roll the dice on the Rivian. People want options. They don't want to feel like they're being pushed into a different price range just because Ford is being arbitrary.

3putter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilot
So if we made a reservation on the regular Ford site and now want to get the Pro, do we have to make a new reservation on the fleet site? Thanks.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
So if we made a reservation on the regular Ford site and now want to get the Pro, do we have to make a new reservation on the fleet site? Thanks.
Unless you are a fleet customer (I think with a minimum 5 truck order) there is no Pro ER available to you. The Pro SR can be purchased via your original reservation via the regular Ford site. Nothing needs to be done.

OP
OP
Skynetf150

Skynetf150

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 5.0 customized
Occupation
Construction
Unless you are a fleet customer (I think with a minimum 5 truck order) there is no Pro ER available to you. The Pro SR can be purchased via your original reservation via the regular Ford site. Nothing needs to be done.
So you need to order atleast 5 of them to be able to buy fleet?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
One way to look at what Ford is doing by offering the Pro SR and not the ER to the public is they are selling the Public a Commercial Fleet vehicle to allow the public to buy an electric truck for under $40k. They have no obligation to make their full Fleet line available to the public.

It's sorta a glass half full thing.

You can look at it like Ford is being mean by not allowing the Public to buy all Commercial Fleet models, or you can look at it like Ford is being nice by allowing the Public access to a Commercial Fleet model which is priced below $40k.

I too would like to buy a Pro ER, but it's all about perspective (in my opinion).