Ford Motor Company accountability

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I’m a Ford guy from the beginning, and I get they’ve had their struggles for numerous reasons, but this is getting ridiculous. I wish they would do something to try and make it right by the customers.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
As am I.
I remain VERY EXCITED about my new truck.
But man, no one ever offered me ANY UPDATES at all.
This forum was my LIFELINE

Me too! It’s a bit of a double-edged sword now since everyone is getting their trucks!

OP
OP
Vpswcci

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
Who in this forum believes that Ford owes those of us waiting in the dark (9/22 order) a complete explanation and apology for their lack of transparency and total apathy toward paying customers?
A close look at the order list will show that several respondents are relatively recent joiners of the forum and have not inputted to the orders tracking list.

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
I got my truck on the February 5th, I ordered it in early September. My salesman would call me every Friday, starting in November. To check in and pass along any info he had. I feel I was kept pretty much in the loop.

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
It’s not up to Ford to keep you up to date on your build.
A good dealer can and will keep you up to date......good communication is the difference between a great dealer and a mediocre dealer.
find a great dealer and don’t whine.....or buy a Dodge

Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Most of these replies make excuses for Ford. I’m saying THEY should say it, explain it. Thats all.
Excuses? Sound like reasons to me. They had to go from 3 shifts to 1 because of parts shortages. That was clearly communicated by Ford. They completely closed down the KC plant because of power loss. That was communicated. They parked a bunch of trucks for a QC hold. That was communicated. That QC hold may have required an engineering change at a supplier and they were able to build them without that part that was easily retrofitted. You say you have a Platinum on order..... You read about the chip shortage that was communicated by Ford, right?
Ford isn't going to hold your hand.....

Last edited:

Colin.Drury

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat - 66 Mustang 289
Occupation
Recreation Industry
Ford just needs to take a solid PR Approach. Those who are waiting (Like Me) - Give them best incentives that were available while you overwaited for a 6-8 week build, fire a few extra Ford Pass App points at us, a simple upgrade (tray style mats), and a Ford T-Shirt. That should keep us a bit quieter.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
Here is the timeline of the truck I bought from order placed to dealership delivery.
Ford F-150 Ford Motor Company accountability new_1931fc0ea9717db943690cd5596ff16b540ae260

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
In the beginning I wanted to be one of the 1st on board with this new powerboost finally got my order in 9/23. Dealer told me they take care of Retail orders 1st or at least in the past. October had to change out plant for new build. Long wait for OKTB. Low inventories and high demand take care of Dealers 1st especially those with high allocation. Various constraints and fixes happening. Chip shortages weather. Vin came in January with a 94000 number at the end of Dearborn plant. Is that 94000 vehicles in front of me as an earlier adopter. Produced 2/10 then 2.5 weeks in lala land spray liner i guess. Now ready to ship but moved delivery to 3/30. 6 months 1 week. My complaint is that it has not taken everyone 6 mos and a week to get their truck and their are a few of us that feel like a step child. Don't get me wrong because of those things mentioned above it is a long process and frustrating for all but some us us don't feel too valued.

OP
OP
Vpswcci

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
[
Here is the timeline of the truck I bought from order placed to dealership delivery.
new_1931fc0ea9717db943690cd5596ff16b540ae260.png

[/QUOTE]
You’ve certainly got me beat.
Ford F-150 Ford Motor Company accountability 1614435143133

Sponsored

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
That is precisely what I’m saying. Thank you. I’m still looking forward to my Platinum.
I think your Platinum may have a viable excuse for the delay since almost 90% of the automotive manufacturers are having a delay because of a shortage of microchips that are made exclusively in China or Taiwan. Now, this is the downside of the technology we expect in our vehicles now.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
[
new_1931fc0ea9717db943690cd5596ff16b540ae260.png
You’ve certainly got me beat.
1614435143133.jpeg

[/QUOTE]
Varsity Ford is one of the biggest retail stores in Michigan. They have 261 F150's on the lot this morning. They earn extra allocation because of sales and inventory turnover.
Not sure what size store you're working with.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
My complaint is that it has not taken everyone 6 mos and a week to get their truck and their are a few of us that feel like a step child. Don't get me wrong because of those things mentioned above it is a long process and frustrating for all but some us us don't feel too valued.
4 days short of 6 months for me.
And the kicker is, I had no idea whatsoever the F150 was being changed by anything more than a grille.
I actually stopped in to order a 2020, but that did not fly.
When I got home, I just had the dealer order the same truck in a 2021, not expecting changes.
The updates pleased me, but then again, I had no choice but to wait.
When one is adamant about a SuperCab 8’ that is NOT a base XL, one has to wait til his gets built. Ford is the only manufacturer that builds this in a “half ton”, and if they did not, I would be looking for a used one.

kenpitt

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150
Occupation
retired
Who in this forum believes that Ford owes those of us waiting in the dark (9/22 order) a complete explanation and apology for their lack of transparency and total apathy toward paying customers?
I ordered my truck on Oct. 2, I ordered a Lariet, after checking with dealer on Nov. 17 th, he told me he had no idea when I would get my truck. I asked him if I could change the order after finding out more info on the hybrid, and he said if we did it immediately we could. Well ordered a Platinum hybrid on Nov. 17th, waiting forever for a build date, finally got one, can you believe April 1st. That's a very long time, not too happy with the process but it is the truck I want. Was told it would have been mid February but got delayed till April because of max recline seats. Guess I'll have it when the weather gets warm, and hope the dealer doesn't mind that I put a extra 4,000 miles on my trade in.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I ordered my truck on Oct. 2, I ordered a Lariet, after checking with dealer on Nov. 17 th, he told me he had no idea when I would get my truck. I asked him if I could change the order after finding out more info on the hybrid, and he said if we did it immediately we could. Well ordered a Platinum hybrid on Nov. 17th, waiting forever for a build date, finally got one, can you believe April 1st. That's a very long time, not too happy with the process but it is the truck I want. Was told it would have been mid February but got delayed till April because of max recline seats. Guess I'll have it when the weather gets warm, and hope the dealer doesn't mind that I put a extra 4,000 miles on my trade in.
So not sure if this is true or not but I believe when the dealer makes a change on an order it resets the order date.

I originally ordered my truck at the beginning of Sept. then elected to have Max tow added and when I eventually got my vin it reflected the order date of like November 3rd or something which was the time I made the change..

Sucks either way butI’m convinced that pushed my order back.
Sponsored