• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RLXXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F 150, 2014 Escape, 2011 Suzuki DR 650SE
Occupation
Auto tech
Called Ford Canada today about a Canadian city tour for the lightning. They had no idea when it might happen. I feel like I’ll get a call to order before I get a chance to sit in one. Seems unfair.
What's unfair? It's an American made machine built in America by Americans. If it were the exact opposite being Canadian made etc, I wouldn't think it unfair your company put precedence on showcasing the item in your country for your people.

I would expect it. ?

P.S. I am American and a loyal Ford owner for over 40 years, worked for Ford for 11 and guess who else won't be able to get seat time or even the ability to look at it in person before purchase.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bfjeld

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ram 1500 Sport , 2014 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Power Engineer
What's unfair? It's an American made machine built in America by Americans. If it were the exact opposite being Canadian made etc, I wouldn't think it unfair your company put precedence on showcasing the item in your country for your people.

I would expect it. ?

P.S. I am American and a loyal Ford owner for over 40 years, worked for Ford for 11 and guess who else won't be able to get seat time or even the ability to look at it in person before purchase.
I’m just saying I would like to see and ride in the 100k truck I’m interested in beforehand.
They need to test it in Canadian winters by Canadians in Canada !!!

RLXXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F 150, 2014 Escape, 2011 Suzuki DR 650SE
Occupation
Auto tech
I’m just saying I would like to see and ride in the 100k truck I’m interested in beforehand.
I'm just saying, you're not the only one that want's to see and ride in before making such an enormous expenditure.

We're all in the same boat save a few lucky ones that happen to live near these showcase places. I'm not one and apparently neither are you, so deal with it.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Well maybe that's a plan. They are waiting for Canadian winter.;)

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Do we know for sure they won’t? It seems they announce a location and send out invites that are gobbled up in a few minutes. If they do Denver or Phoenix I’ll be there. Would make Salt Lake, Cheyenne Laramie, etc.. work too. My reservation is with Granger in Iowa though so…
Denver is on their list but not scheduled yet. Someone forwarded the web page in another post.

Sponsored

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
This is why I plan to lease. If after 3 years I decide I want to keep it then I can, of not I can trade up to the latest tech.
I'm curious what the lease rates are going to look like for early buyers as I feel like even at 3 years in the demand is going to be outpacing supply for the lightning so residual may be higher than expected. Residual should already be higher percentage than an ice f-150. Also if Ford's plan to move people to custom orders and reducing supply on dealer lots works out, vehicles should be selling for closer to MSRP which hopefully will help with resale values (which are already high)
Do we know if leases will be offered on the Lightning on launch or if a purchase will be required?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Do we know if leases will be offered on the Lightning on launch or if a purchase will be required?
I imagine they will offer the ford option balloon payment (what they have for mme) which should be structured basically like a lease. You'll have lower payments and a set residual then at the end of the term you can turn the vehicle in if you want or buy it. You also have the option of third party financing.
Sponsored