• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
F-150 Lightning ‘Can Strike Anywhere’ with New 3D, Augmented Reality Experience by Ford and Google
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Launches F-150 Lightning 3D Augmented Reality Experience MISNGGLK0049s_StrikeAnywhere_Hero_v2_03_RGB

• With more than 160,000 reservations for the F-150 Lightning™ truck, Ford has created the “F-150 Lightning™: Strike Anywhere” augmented reality experience in collaboration with Google to excite and educate customers
  • 3D animations aim to educate F-150 Lightning™ shoppers around key elements of the all-electric pickup – from its mega power frunk to optimizing battery range
  • F-150 Lightning™ has more than 160,000 reservations and most reservation holders are new to electric vehicles while more than half are new to Ford
DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 9, 2021 – The F-150 Lightning™ is the truck of the future and now you can bring the F-150 Lightning™ truck to life anywhere – right from the palm of your hand. In collaboration with Google, Ford is launching the “F-150 Lightning™: Strike Anywhere” visual experience for reservation holders, enthusiasts and vehicle shoppers who are excited to understand all of the benefits of an all-electric Built Ford Tough pickup.

As the electric revolution accelerates across the industry, Ford is taking a proactive approach to helping inform shoppers as they embark on the journey to purchase their first battery-electric vehicle. A recent survey of F-150 Lightning retail reservation holders indicates nearly 80% have never owned a battery-electric vehicle before, while more than half have never owned a Ford. Research from Google and Ipsos show 58% of U.S. car shoppers considering a new vehicle in the next six months are considering purchasing or leasing a hybrid or fully electric vehicle1, and 83% spend up to three months researching before buying. The F-150 Lightning™: Strike Anywhere campaign will offer these knowledge-hungry customers an immersive, informative experience on the all-new F-150 Lightning.

“There is a tremendous amount of intrigue about what electric vehicles can do,” said Suzy Deering, chief marketing officer, Ford Motor Company. “At Ford, we want to show, not just tell since we believe educating customers on the full potential and capabilities of electric vehicles helps them make the transition from traditionally powered vehicles to all-electric ones. Nearly 80% of our F-150 Lightning™ reservation holders have never owned an all-electric vehicle before, so we created this campaign for them to understand and feel confident in their vehicle while also be excited to join in on the electric revolution with us.”

Experience Lightning

F-150 Lightning™: Strike Anywhere is a 3D and augmented reality experience that allows users to view and learn about a virtual F-150 Lightning truck in their own environment with a smartphone. Thirteen interactive animations inform them about key F-150 Lightning features, functions and services, like the electric vehicle’s mega power frunk, battery range, interior connectivity, smart bed and towing capabilities, convenient charging solutions on the road and at home, and more.

Once users get acquainted with what F-150 Lightning offers, they can then have some fun by selecting their favorite color and trim package then placing an augmented-reality truck anywhere in their own environment – from their driveway to their jobsite.

F-150 Lightning™: Strike Anywhere is available today on Android and iOS mobile devices in the United States. Customers can also experience it on Ford.com, as well as on social platforms including YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat and Reddit. The augmented reality experience is powered by Google Cloud.

“We’re proud to work with Ford to bring this innovative experience to life,” said Thomais Zaremba, Industry Director, Automotive, Google. “Ford continues to meet customers where they are – and that’s increasingly online. This campaign brings the F-150 Lightning to life in a new way, and serves as a natural extension of our broader collaboration to help transform Ford’s business and deliver new customer experiences.”

New to electric vehicles, new to Ford

More than 160,000 total retail reservations have been placed for the 2022 F-150 Lightning. This past summer, Ford sent a survey to retail reservation holders to learn more about who they are and what they want in an all-electric pickup. Results indicate F-150 Lightning is attracting those who will be first-time electric vehicle owners, as well as first-time Ford brand customers:
  • 79% say F-150 Lightning will be the first battery-electric vehicle in their household
  • More than half – 56% – say F-150 Lightning will be their first time ever owning a Ford vehicle
  • California, Texas and Florida have the highest number of reservations per state
“Americans have trusted Ford trucks for years and now they are trusting F-150 to be their first battery-electric vehicle,” said Darren Palmer, general manager, Ford battery-electric vehicles. “It’s our job to continue engaging them and answering their questions about what the ownership experience will be like – which I guarantee is like nothing they’ve ever had before.”

All-electric F-150 Lightning will be available starting spring 2022. To learn more about the F-150 Lightning, click here.

# # #

1 Google/Ipsos, “US Dealer Study 2021,” March 2021 – April 2021, Online survey, US, n=325 next 6 month new vehicle considerers, (Online Americans 18+).

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Launches F-150 Lightning 3D Augmented Reality Experience FMFS0825100_LIGHTNING_AR_PR_Hero_1920x1080_FR

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Launches F-150 Lightning 3D Augmented Reality Experience StrikeAnywhere_Phone_square_charge network

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Launches F-150 Lightning 3D Augmented Reality Experience StrikeAnywhere_Phone_square_rear

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Launches F-150 Lightning 3D Augmented Reality Experience StrikeAnywhere_Phone_square_interior

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Launches F-150 Lightning 3D Augmented Reality Experience StrikeAnywhere_Phone_square_hero

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Launches F-150 Lightning 3D Augmented Reality Experience StrikeAnywhere_Phone_square_frunk

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Launches F-150 Lightning 3D Augmented Reality Experience MISNGGLK0049s_StrikeAnywhere_Hero_v2_03_RGB

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Launches F-150 Lightning 3D Augmented Reality Experience MISNGGLK0049_StrikeAnywhere_Interior_01_RGB

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Launches F-150 Lightning 3D Augmented Reality Experience MISNGGLK0049_StrikeAnywhere_HomeCharging_01_RGB

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Launches F-150 Lightning 3D Augmented Reality Experience MISNGGLK0049_StrikeAnywhere_Hero_v2_03_RGB

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Launches F-150 Lightning 3D Augmented Reality Experience MISNGGLK0049_StrikeAnywhere_HeadOn_03_RGB

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Launches F-150 Lightning 3D Augmented Reality Experience MISNGGLK0049_StrikeAnywhere_Frunk_01_RGB
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
With 160,000 reservations, this is unnecessary. Work on the order board and start building the trucks. Levine is an idiot.
Different teams. My guess is this (and all of their advertising) is focused on make sure as many reservation holders as possible convert to orders. I would also expect that things like this have been in development for awhile, before Ford learned how strong the demand would be.

I plan on playing around with it later and having fun!

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
What does this button do?
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Launches F-150 Lightning 3D Augmented Reality Experience 3BF80602-BCEA-48F0-A4E0-61AD4C08E9F5

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
3BF80602-BCEA-48F0-A4E0-61AD4C08E9F5.jpeg
Simulated neutral (for a short time) for things like car washes? But then there is a "Neutral" on the gear shifter as well......

Sponsored

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
That's cool. Would have preferred an order date.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
With 160,000 reservations, this is unnecessary. Work on the order board and start building the trucks. Levine is an idiot.
What does Mark Levine have to do with this? You know he isn't in charge of the company, right? And he doesn't design or build cars himself? His name isn't even on this press release.

And if you read the press release you would see Ford asked Google to develop this app for them. No resources were diverted away from producing trucks to make this app.

Long-term neutral for flat towing?

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
So I looked through everything for Easter eggs and none I could see. They’re showing 240 miles of range at 80% charge so that doesn’t help us any.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Still no configurator smh......

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I couldn't find it in the google play store. Is it still rolling out, or maybe just not available for Pixel phones (which would be weird)?

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
I couldn't find in on the Play store either but the QR code on Ford's website worked just fine.

Flipping though I found Smoked Quartz as a color option but only looks to be available on the Lariat and Platinum unfortunately for me as I want the XLT.

Last edited:

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
Smoked quartz color available I found

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I couldn't find in on the Play store either but the QR code on Ford's website worked just fine.

Flipping though I found Smoked Quartz as a color option but only looks to be available on the Lariat and Platinum unfortunately for me as I was the XLT.
I could not get the QR code to work with my iPad.
Sponsored