• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
With 160,000 reservations, this is unnecessary. Work on the order board and start building the trucks. Levine is an idiot.
It's necessary to keep reservation holders interested and the press buzzing. Ford has been knocking it out of the park on marketing, and they are hitting all the channels, TV, internet, news, apps etc. Lots and lots of buzz. They did the same thing with the Mach E, but with only 10% the effort.

Agree with you though, it will all be for nothing if they don't deliver a great product. My rez number is ~4000 so hope to let you know next year.
Sponsored

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
Still no configurator smh......
My guess is they won't release it until Congress decides what to do with EV credits. Good and bad for us, I expect that Ford will raise prices if the credits allow it but also cap prices if there is a limit on the EV purchase price to qualify.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
My guess is they won't release it until Congress decides what to do with EV credits. Good and bad for us, I expect that Ford will raise prices if the credits allow it but also cap prices if there is a limit on the EV purchase price to qualify.
They should base prices regardless of a credit or not. They know the cap $74-80k.

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
Flipping though I found Smoked Quartz as a color option but only looks to be available on the Lariat and Platinum unfortunately for me as I was the XLT.
Okay then I'm gonna call it official. I asked about smoked quartz during the last live stream and they included it on the list of colors. First time I had seen it mentioned anywhere. My first scoop! I'm so happy. I love that color.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Different teams...
Exactly, nobody wants advertising guys designing cars, let alone building them.

Unless one really thinks that the Edsel and Pacer were great ideas.

The way technology is going, they almost could have delegated the Lightning Strike Anywhere™ experience to a group of high school students.

That being said, a bunch of people at Ford should have been fired for completely underestimating demand for the Bronco and a modern all electric pickup truck.

Sponsored

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
I don't see a link and my S8 won't scan the QR code. I tried an online QR code thing and uploaded a screenshot and it says error decoding QR code. Can't find Ford Strike Anywhere in the Play Store.

???

Easycamper

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT 5.0L, 2018 PacHy, 2013 Volt
QR code works perfectly on my iPhone. I believe you need the Google app.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Why would Ford care about the tax credits? They are going to sell every one they produce, regardless if there is one or not.

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
I wish I could get it to work on my iPad.
Unfortunately my iPhone went for a swim so it's this old S8. My iPad is too old.

I'm wondering what to search for in the Play Store-- it *must* be there, I don't have the option to install apps from other sources turned on.

Sponsored

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2022 F150 Lightning Preorder
Why would Ford care about the tax credits? They are going to sell every one they produce, regardless if there is one or not.
If Ford earned the same amount of profit for every one they produced, you're right it wouldn't matter. But because the amount of profit Ford makes is different for each model (i.e. more profit for more expensive models), Ford should very much care about the tax credits available to buyers. In other words it's not just about selling every one they produce, it's about selling every one they produce for the maximum amount of profit. To make that calculation, the accountants have to consider the tax credits available to buyers (or, more specifically, the tax credits' influence on buyers' decisions).

Regarding the QR code others were commenting about, earlier today my Galaxy phone wouldn't read it but this afternoon it was able to read it and bring me to the 3D experience site.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Because they can sell them for more if there's a bigger, longer-lasting tax credit.

If they know all the Gen 1 Lightnings (or Gen 3, depending on how you look at it) will get $12,500 credits, then they can charge substantially more for them without increasing how much people were expecting to spend. Of course, they've already given out some pricing info, but if the credit goes up by $5k and they increase all the base prices by $3k, then it's kind of a win-win for everyone, still. Ford gets more money. Buyers pay less than expected when the credit was assumed to be $7500 (or less if you're not in the first ~10k trucks).

Well, everyone except taxpayers, because like you said, Ford is going to sell every Lightning they can build for the next several years, either way, so a bigger tax credit won't actually increase the number of Lightnings that are sold.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
In the description of this YouTube video there is a link for the AR site. I got it to work earlier but last time I tried I got the error message, probably busy…

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Because they can sell them for more if there's a bigger, longer-lasting tax credit.

If they know all the Gen 1 Lightnings (or Gen 3, depending on how you look at it) will get $12,500 credits, then they can charge substantially more for them without increasing how much people were expecting to spend. Of course, they've already given out some pricing info, but if the credit goes up by $5k and they increase all the base prices by $3k, then it's kind of a win-win for everyone, still. Ford gets more money. Buyers pay less than expected when the credit was assumed to be $7500 (or less if you're not in the first ~10k trucks).

Well, everyone except taxpayers, because like you said, Ford is going to sell every Lightning they can build for the next several years, either way, so a bigger tax credit won't actually increase the number of Lightnings that are sold.
Theoretically it won't increase the profit made either. Ford knows they will sell them all so they can build x% of each trim regardless of orders as they know they will have a buyer for every one they produce. Ford could decide to only build platinum trim for the first year and they would still sell them all. Now, Ford has said they will build the whole trim line from the beginning so I don't think they will do that, but we don't know what percentage they will do.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
In the description of this YouTube video there is a link for the AR site. I got it to work earlier but last time I tried I got the error message, probably busy…
Yeah I think we hugged the site to death. Surprising given Google's involvement.
Sponsored