Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Picked up my truck today but did not receive this incentive. The sales manager claimed he needed a program number for the incentive. He and finance say they will submit it to Ford and send me a check.....sure..... happy with he Truck!
I had the same situation, they just said they needed the deal to be completed to have what they needed to submit to Ford. They were submitting that and the Farm Bureau discount together, so I should be getting a check in the mail for $1500 from Ford in a few weeks. Didn't seem too weird to me, the finance guy said they often handle them that way for certain programs if it's difficult for the dealer to get it all finalized before delivery.
Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Do you actually have to receive the truck prior to July 6th or just place the order?

Momo

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lexus RX, 2008 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
The longer this chip issues goes on the worse things get. Ford has eff’d this up from the get go. It’s not Fords fault there is a chip shortage. IT IS FORD’s FAULT ON HOW THEY HAVE RESPONDED & TREATED THEIR CUSTOMERS! I’m 68 yrs old and, full disclosure, I’ve been a Chevy man my whole life. This yr I decided to do it, I’m ordering a Lariat by God. Here is how I’ve been treated by Ford & their dealer.
To surmise
1. 1st week of March I order my truck. Get a verbal agreement of 10% discount off $60K window Sticker.
2. I am told once Ford assigns a VIN # I will come in & put down a deposit.
3. I get VIN # but dealers says don’t worry about deposit
4. truck is built & completed 4/27 EXCEPT FOR CHIPS, off to the graveyard to wait.
5. Now, my Ford dealer says there is a massive shortage of trucks so they won’t be honoring my previously agreed to 10% discount. To make matters worse, they now want $2500 OVER window sticker
6. soooo, my truck, in 4 months, has gone from $60K to $54K to now $62,5K + TT&L
7. Here’s the best experience of all. People who ordered their truck before April still don’t have a truck, are being told it will be Oct, & will get no $100 for their experienc. But, those who ordered AFTER May are getting their truck delivered b4 mine & are getting a $1K incentive.
8. THANK GOD I’m not qualified for the $1K incentive because my Ford dealer would probably now want $3500 over window sticker
9. here’s the saddest part of all. I want this fucking truck!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
The longer this chip issues goes on the worse things get. Ford has eff’d this up from the get go. It’s not Fords fault there is a chip shortage. IT IS FORD’s FAULT ON HOW THEY HAVE RESPONDED & TREATED THEIR CUSTOMERS! I’m 68 yrs old and, full disclosure, I’ve been a Chevy man my whole life. This yr I decided to do it, I’m ordering a Lariat by God. Here is how I’ve been treated by Ford & their dealer.
To surmise
1. 1st week of March I order my truck. Get a verbal agreement of 10% discount off $60K window Sticker.
4. truck is built & completed 4/27 EXCEPT FOR CHIPS, off to the graveyard to wait.
5. Now, my Ford dealer says there is a massive shortage of trucks so they won’t be honoring my previously agreed to 10% discount. To make matters worse, they now want $2500 OVER window sticker
6. soooo, my truck, in 4 months, has gone from $60K to $54K to now $62,5K + TT&L
7. Here’s the best experience of all. People who ordered their truck before April still don’t have a truck, are being told it will be Oct, & will get no $100 for their experienc. But, those who ordered AFTER May are getting their truck delivered b4 mine & are getting a $1K incentive.
8. THANK GOD I’m not qualified for the $1K incentive because my Ford dealer would probably now want $3500 over window sticker
Yup, dealer tried the same crap with me. Sales Manager was pissed demanding to know who promised me Invoice. I told him to go talk to his guy who puts in orders, showed him my order sheet signed and dated with Invoice. I then told him it was not my problem, I came in an ordered before this whole fiasco and if they would have told me then that it was MSRP + Market Adjustment I would have walked.

He begins talking about the lack of trucks on the dealer lot and I then ask if he would have my truck there if it wasn’t a customer order. In the end I paid $1k over invoice due to a stupid recovery system that I agreed on. Hopefully Ford sends me the $1k to cover for this.

Sponsored

jcarrico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To surmise
Brother most of that is your dealer treating you very poorly. Not Ford.

I would encourage you to find a new dealer.

Its also a good lesson for us all, always get it in writing. The world has changed and 'gentleman agreements' are a thing of the past.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Brother most of that is your dealer treating you very poorly. Not Ford.

I would encourage you to find a new dealer.

Its also a good lesson for us all, always get it in writing. The world has changed and 'gentleman agreements' are a thing of the past.
I agree. That nonsense with the price is absolutely ridiculous. You should have had a purchase agreement written up at the time of order with a deposit showing the price you agreed to pay.

They probably didn’t have that done just for the very reason of hoping to switch things on you later. If you had a signed purchase agreement and a deposit there’s no way they’d try and pull that. Even if they did, you could make one call to your local news station (Followed by the BBB) and they’d be begging you to take the original deal the minute they’re on TV with a headline of “Local car dealer tries to rescind agreed upon offer from buyer to make additional profit”.

Last edited:

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Just to add a little information, I joined Farm Bureau after reading on here it only cost $45 and got you a $500 incentive. Then I read the rules. Uhoh, played the game and didn't know the rules. :rolleyes: That discount is only for trucks bought from dealer inventory, off the lot, not for custom orders.

I don't understand the $1000 incentive either. It says it's good for custom orders but you have to take delivery before 7/6/2021. That's not even possible. Has anyone here actually custom ordered a truck, knowing that the computer thing will slow things down, and been promised they'd get this incentive? I'm going to talk with my dealer this week. I might cancel my existing order that's sitting on Ramp 59 and reorder. If I do, this time no spray-in bed liner, which apparently is good for a multi-week delay all by itself.

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Bronco Spt BL , '21 Tremor Ordered
Just FYI about any incentives that say it has to be from dealers inventory , you can order the vehicle of your choice, that vehicle becomes the dealers inventory after it arrives and before it gets transferred to you.

Just to add a little information, I joined Farm Bureau after reading on here it only cost $45 and got you a $500 incentive. Then I read the rules. Uhoh, played the game and didn't know the rules. :rolleyes: That discount is only for trucks bought from dealer inventory, off the lot, not for custom orders.

I don't understand the $1000 incentive either. It says it's good for custom orders but you have to take delivery before 7/6/2021. That's not even possible. Has anyone here actually custom ordered a truck, knowing that the computer thing will slow things down, and been promised they'd get this incentive? I'm going to talk with my dealer this week. I might cancel my existing order that's sitting on Ramp 59 and reorder. If I do, this time no spray-in bed liner, which apparently is good for a multi-week delay all by itself.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I’d be interested in this because I have the Farm Bureau submitted as well, just waiting on the check. I did notice all the incentives have the “from dealer inventory” on them, even the new one specifically for custom ordered trucks, so I assumed that was indeed just standard wording.

Sponsored

sp468

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’d be interested in this because I have the Farm Bureau submitted as well, just waiting on the check. I did notice all the incentives have the “from dealer inventory” on them, even the new one specifically for custom ordered trucks, so I assumed that was indeed just standard wording.
I ordered my truck in early April and got it May 29. I received the Farm Bureau rebate. When ordering the truck my dealer printed out a list of the rebates I qualified for and the Farm Bureau rebate was listed. When requesting the rebate on the Farm Bureau website they must send a notification to Ford.

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m still unclear on this. Do we actually have the receive the truck prior to July 6th or just order in that timeframe?

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’m still unclear on this. Do we actually have the receive the truck prior to July 6th or just order in that timeframe?
From https://ford.com/custom-order:
"Place a new vehicle retail order for a 2021 Bronco Sport, EcoSport, Escape, Edge, Explorer, Expedition, F-150 or Ranger through a local authorized Ford dealer between 4/1/2021 and 7/6/2021 and receive $1,000 bonus cash offer. Offer not available on 2022 Models except for 22MY Transit Connect or 2021 Super Duty, Mach-E, Bronco, Transit, Mustang Shelby GT500 & Mach-1, Ford GT, or F-150 Raptor. See dealer for complete details and eligibility."

I haven't seen anything about having to take delivery by a certain date. Just placing the order between 4/1-7/6.

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
From https://ford.com/custom-order:
"Place a new vehicle retail order for a 2021 Bronco Sport, EcoSport, Escape, Edge, Explorer, Expedition, F-150 or Ranger through a local authorized Ford dealer between 4/1/2021 and 7/6/2021 and receive $1,000 bonus cash offer. Offer not available on 2022 Models except for 22MY Transit Connect or 2021 Super Duty, Mach-E, Bronco, Transit, Mustang Shelby GT500 & Mach-1, Ford GT, or F-150 Raptor. See dealer for complete details and eligibility."

I haven't seen anything about having to take delivery by a certain date. Just placing the order between 4/1-7/6.
Thanks. I’m interpreting it as you have to take delivery by 7/6. Highlighted below:

Ford F-150 Ford is giving $1,000 incentive for F-150 purchases between April 1st -  July 6 PNG image 2

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thanks. I’m interpreting it as you have to take delivery by 7/6. Highlighted below:

PNG image 2.png
Ah, I see where you're getting it now. I would imagine this is just the standard language for all incentives for a particular date range (this one being the one that ends 7/6). But certainly worth confirming with your dealer. I put in a second order on Friday that will hopefully beat my purgatory truck and the dealer said unequivocally that I would get this incentive... and there's pretty much no chance it would be delivered by 7/6. So, confirm with your dealer, but I would imagine you're fine.
Sponsored