First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
What about people like me that ordered Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, March and are still waiting for delivery? All we get is a kick in the pants?
Sponsored

OP
OP

2021 Ford

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat
Occupation
Coffee
Ok I just got of the phone with the sales manger and he clarified. Like Solarity stated rebates are locked when you order or if better deals are avail when you purchase. The good news is he said my truck has a scheduled build of July 2nd! The bad news is that my initial rebate is for $500 and I wont get the truck in time for this $1000. I'm projecting it will actually arrive in August, maybe a new one will be available then...

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Ok now I am totally lost. My dealer said rebates and incentives are applied at the time of purchase not when it is ordered. I have not been able to get my hands on a PCO. I order Feb 19th. Based on this "incentive" I will not be eligible for the $1000 rebate because I ordered before April 1st???
I think it depends on dealer and possibly region. Here all the special offers that were running when I placed my order said “must take ownership from dealer stock by xxx date”. Like yours, my dealer pointed that out and said that means I get what is running when I actually pick up the truck.

OP
OP

2021 Ford

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Plat
Occupation
Coffee
The sales manger said my sales guy was totally incorrect when he said that rebates were only available at time of purchase. They are locked at time of order and may be used if they are better than at time of purchase.

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
Man, do I get you. I ordered in Jan, built in March, waiting since - and people who ordered in April, got May builds and already have their trucks are getting $1,000 as a "sorry for the delay"? I won't post the choice words I had about it...
I am with you on this. I ordered Jan 30 and built in Apr and had a delivery day of May 30, but that has gotten pushed back to Oct 31. Since ordered early we get no incentive to stay with the order, what a bunch of BS!!

Sponsored

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
I think the point of this offer is because from April onwards there were little to no rebates or public cash offers (and no > $500 private offers either). So this reintroduces an incentive cash offer to customers who have custom ordered, and gives nothing to customers who just take a vehicle from dealer stock.

This is best of both worlds, right?
- Those who ordered before April get the (generous?) incentives that were available at the time of ordering.
- Those who ordered April - July get the $1000 (hey, it's better than the no incentives we had up until this point).
- Those who buy from dealer stock have to pay $$$ to the dealer and no incentives from the manufacturer.

Some of those who ordered in January would have already gotten at least $1500 incentives, and some even additionally got up to $3000 private cash offers from Ford. Plus they could negotiate a better price before April, often Invoice or better. Those of us ordering after April are usually paying MSRP. So this makes up for some of that price difference pre-April vs post-April, but not even all of it.
I received no incentives when I ordered in Jan. I was told that I wouldn’t get any until I sign for the truck.

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Wonder if this can apply to a dealer ordered truck? I claimed a truck they had ordered then ended up buying a more expensive one when the first one got moved from 6/12 to 8/28.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
It does state “On top of public offers
Right, but I’m trying to figure out if the rebates I had when I ordered are even still valid, because I can only combine this whatever is available currently, which I’m guessing is nothing. If the $2k is still there that was available when I ordered in April then I could potentially take advantage of this.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Right, but I’m trying to figure out if the rebates I had when I ordered are even still valid, because I can only combine this whatever is available currently, which I’m guessing is nothing. If the $2k is still there that was available when I ordered in April then I could potentially take advantage of this.
My understanding is that the discounts that are on your order and you signed for a valid when you pickup the truck. I got a total of $10,380 off msrp. $4000 manufacturers rebate, $1000 early f150 purchase from manufacturer and the remainder from the dealer. If I showed up on delivery day with an increase of $10k to my purchase price, I would just walk. Salesman said the deal is the deal. But of there are better manufacturer incentives when we pickup, then they would be offered to us.

ColemanFord

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
Ok now I am totally lost. My dealer said rebates and incentives are applied at the time of purchase not when it is ordered. I have not been able to get my hands on a PCO. I order Feb 19th. Based on this "incentive" I will not be eligible for the $1000 rebate because I ordered before April 1st???
My dealer stated all incentives are applied at the time of order. If the incentives are better during the delivery day, you may switch to them. The only penalty if you choose to use the incentives during the date of order is, the warranty time starts the day you order, not drive it home day. So, if it takes 3 months to get your vehicle, you get a 33 month 36,000 bumper to bumper warranty. You loose 3 months, because Ford considers the date of order the date of ownership, if you want those incentives.

Sponsored

RJ_986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
My dealer stated all incentives are applied at the time of order. If the incentives are better during the delivery day, you may switch to them. The only penalty if you choose to use the incentives during the date of order is, the warranty time starts the day you order, not drive it home day. So, if it takes 3 months to get your vehicle, you get a 33 month 36,000 bumper to bumper warranty. You loose 3 months, because Ford considers the date of order the date of ownership, if you want those incentives.
That is rough for some people that ordered back in 2020. 6~10 months of useless warranty? WTF. As the days go by I'm increasingly unhappy with ford.

NateV

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
thats not true on warranty. I ordered 1/26 and picked up 5/25. My extended warranty goes to 5/25/2027

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
I received no incentives when I ordered in Jan. I was told that I wouldn’t get any until I sign for the truck.
Perhaps ask your dealer again? Consensus seems to be that when you custom order then when you go to actually pay and do the paperwork you can claim incentives either from the month you ordered or the month you received.

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
That's the first time I've ever heard that

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
My understanding is that the discounts that are on your order and you signed for a valid when you pickup the truck. I got a total of $10,380 off msrp. $4000 manufacturers rebate, $1000 early f150 purchase from manufacturer and the remainder from the dealer. If I showed up on delivery day with an increase of $10k to my purchase price, I would just walk. Salesman said the deal is the deal. But of there are better manufacturer incentives when we pickup, then they would be offered to us.
You're guaranteed at least what was available when you ordered, Ie if there was a $1000 rebate + $1500 early buy + some other $1000 for an XLT you'd get that $3500 "locked in" so to speak, but if there were even better incentives when you take delivery, say they added up to $4000, you could elect those instead.

What you can't do is try and mix and match or combine them, Ie add up something new that just came out in June with all the rebates from March or April when you ordered.

However, as I'm typing this I think I may have somewhat answered my own question, or at least made an argument for why it should be valid. It just came out in June but is saying it applies to orders from April to July, so if that's the case maybe I can use it after all. This is going to screw with things tomorrow because I already have my check for the loan from the bank, they'd have to somehow refund me the money or something if they'll agree to use it.
Sponsored