Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
This is absolutely asinine.

"The deal is retroactive for orders placed from April 1st forward"

If this is meant to be a penance to the people waiting for their trucks, what about the people who have been waiting since January, like myself.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Yup just saw this! The dealers will most likely deny there is such a thing and will probably say you cant use it with other incentives :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Seavee33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-150, Ordered 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Electrician/ Project Manager

If this is meant to be a penance to the people waiting for their trucks, what about the people who have been waiting since January, like myself.
Couldn't agree more. Ford should give $1,500 to folks who have orders in before April and are still waiting.

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Sho, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired United States Army
That would be pretty cool if they could actually produce a truck. They keep showing the upcoming Raptor, Maverick, and Lightening yet they can not put out orders for F150s that have already been placed. I know the chip situation but why keep advertising promises you can't keep. I went from May 6th delivery to Aug 7, Aug 28, and now Oct 31 on an F150 Limited.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I would be fine with 1500 for orders that were placed between jan 1 and march 31st if they do that... that would make up for the PCO that will expire before my truck gets built.

Those stuck waiting for longer should get 2500.... they do at least that when clearing a model year, no reason that can’t do that for those customers loyal enough to wait 6+ months.

Right now it sounds like a PR move... they know most of the delayed trucks were earlier than april so this is a way to look good. Unless they are saying that trucks ordered in April aren’t coming anytime soon. Another possibility is they don’t want to put it out there that their back log goes back further than april

NateV

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
How do you claim it for already bought trucks like the article says? I picked up my January order last week but I would atleast fill out papers and try to get the rebate if it was available after purchase. Worst they can say is no

mxc27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150

Man, do I get you. I ordered in Jan, built in March, waiting since - and people who ordered in April, got May builds and already have their trucks are getting $1,000 as a "sorry for the delay"? I won't post the choice words I had about it...

Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Bronco Spt BL , '21 Tremor Ordered

September here.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
This is crazy... So people who ordered in April get $1000 and many already have a truck if build in May but those of us that ordered in March or before and are still waiting with 10/31 ETA get what exactly!?!!!?

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
I think the point of this offer is because from April onwards there were little to no rebates or public cash offers (and no > $500 private offers either). So this reintroduces an incentive cash offer to customers who have custom ordered, and gives nothing to customers who just take a vehicle from dealer stock.

This is best of both worlds, right?
- Those who ordered before April get the (generous?) incentives that were available at the time of ordering.
- Those who ordered April - July get the $1000 (hey, it's better than the no incentives we had up until this point).
- Those who buy from dealer stock have to pay $$$ to the dealer and no incentives from the manufacturer.

Some of those who ordered in January would have already gotten at least $1500 incentives, and some even additionally got up to $3000 private cash offers from Ford. Plus they could negotiate a better price before April, often Invoice or better. Those of us ordering after April are usually paying MSRP. So this makes up for some of that price difference pre-April vs post-April, but not even all of it.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
I think the point of this offer is because from April onwards there were little to no rebates or public cash offers (and no > $500 private offers either). So this reintroduces an incentive cash offer to customers who have custom ordered, and gives nothing to customers who just take a vehicle from dealer stock.

This is best of both worlds, right?
- Those who ordered before April get the (generous?) incentives that were available at the time of ordering.
- Those who ordered April - July get the $1000 (hey, it's better than the no incentives we had up until this point).
- Those who buy from dealer stock have to pay $$$ to the dealer and no incentives from the manufacturer.

Some of those who ordered in January would have already gotten at least $1500 incentives, and some even additionally got up to $3000 private cash offers from Ford. Plus they could negotiate a better price before April, often Invoice or better. Those of us ordering after April are usually paying MSRP. So this makes up for some of that price difference pre-April vs post-April, but not even all of it.
I don't buy this...April and May were "Ford Truck Month" which offered better incentives than I had in January.
Sponsored