Sponsored

N2Wind

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
I passed my dealer yesterday and they have now done the same in parking parallel the trucks. So funny normally there are 300+ trucks now i can just about count them on two hands.
My dealer had 2 new vehicles on the lot last week. There are 3 locations in the dealership and less than 40 new vehicles between all 3.
Sponsored

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L V8
Occupation
Correction Officer I
Another version of the story includes this comment.
In an email to Motor1.com, a Ford spokesperson said the automaker's plan was for F-Series production to improve through the second half of the year while also delivering current trucks that are parked and waiting for semiconductor chips, which should happen by the end of October. Ford isn't talking about how many built trucks are waiting for chips, but reports and rumors suggest it's in the tens of thousands.
My February ordered, April partially-built truck has been waiting for missing chips.
Order tracker still says 10/31 for ETA; I was hoping Ford was now prioritizing finishing the partially built trucks, but now I'm not so sure based on the comment about "...end of October".
I think there talking about the trucks in the parking lot and the order trucks that aren’t built yet like mine.

KCAP BUILD HERE
Order 3/1
Vin 3/12
5th Schedule date day 8/5

Hopefully it’ll get built this time around.
LARIAT AGATE BLACK SPORT APPEARANCE FX4 MAX TOW w/TOW MIRRORS 5.0….

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
How about this news?

As it stands, the company disclosed the idea to some Ford dealers, and the plans have yet to be formalized, but the basic framework would involve the shipment of incomplete vehicles to consenting dealerships. Those willing to take on the vehicles would also receive special service technician training materials with instructions on how to properly install the chips. Compensation would amount to less than an hour’s worth of labor for each unit, a potential indicator that the procedures are not too intensive.

According to the report, the plan has yet to be fully fleshed out, and there is no formal protocol as to whether the automaker or the Ford dealers themselves would be responsible for the incomplete vehicles once they arrive on their lots, although they would not have to floorplan (purchase) the unfinished inventory before they’re properly assembled.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
How about this news?

As it stands, the company disclosed the idea to some Ford dealers, and the plans have yet to be formalized, but the basic framework would involve the shipment of incomplete vehicles to consenting dealerships. Those willing to take on the vehicles would also receive special service technician training materials with instructions on how to properly install the chips. Compensation would amount to less than an hour’s worth of labor for each unit, a potential indicator that the procedures are not too intensive.

According to the report, the plan has yet to be fully fleshed out, and there is no formal protocol as to whether the automaker or the Ford dealers themselves would be responsible for the incomplete vehicles once they arrive on their lots, although they would not have to floorplan (purchase) the unfinished inventory before they’re properly assembled.
Now that they supposedly have the parts on hand to finish them, sure. It wouldn’t be good if dealers got stuck with storing trucks they don’t have parts to finish, but as long as they get the parts out with the trucks I say load em up and ship em out.

RayRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT SPORT SCAB 302A 2.7
Now that they supposedly have the parts on hand to finish them, sure. It wouldn’t be good if dealers got stuck with storing trucks they don’t have parts to finish, but as long as they get the parts out with the trucks I say load em up and ship em out.
I think, only if they ship the parts with the trucks. Otherwise, we will still be in the same boat.

And if I had of put my reading glasses on before I attempted to read your post, I would have noticed that you already said that. LOL
Sponsored