Sponsored

boo radley

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 1992 F150, 1999 F150, 2004 F150, 2013 F150
1. Please stop making the standard F150 mirrors smaller like a car. Its a truck and a large vehicle and most have the option to tow. F150 Towing mirrors are overkill. I always back into a parking spot whenever possible so relatively wider mirrors are beneficial. I check my mirrors constantly while driving forward as well. For reference, Generation 12 mirrors are perfect. No blind spots.

2. What is the timing belt on the 3.0 Powerstroke made from?

3. Why is the 3.0 Powerstroke oil pump at the back of the engine where you must remove the transmission to check or replace the belt?

4. Why isnt the 36 gallon extended range fule tank and option on the 3.0 Powerstroke? The DEF tank is 5.6 gallons and is expected to last 10,000 miles before empty.
Sponsored

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I recieved an email today asking if I would like to participate in a F-150 virtual meeting with some folks from Ford. I was a bit unsure of the email so I called the phone number. I spoke to the company who is a third party and coordinates these feedback events. I was told they usually do them face to face however they are using zoom meetings due to COVID. I asked how many meetings they are conducting and was told the first round was 25 of the F-150 owners. Not sure how true that is.

[Admin Edit - Screenshot Added Courtesy of @21CaliPlatEB ]

0FF4F4CD-284B-4397-A279-60D23A5757F7.jpeg

I will be sitting in my truck when this meeting happens and using my phone to point issues out.

Whats really crazy is I was getting ready to start a "Am I to picky " thread about some of the trim and moulding pieces, the screen flicker ect. So this will be a great way to showcase those complaints.

Please list a few questions you would ask if you had the opportunity. I have my own but if I have a chance or find questions that will help us get some issues resolved I would love to echo your concerns and or positive feedback.

My meeting is the week of March 15th, this is what I came up with so far

I will show them misaligned interior pieces, and tailgate molding.

Love the seats but wish they had more length on the front side. The heating part will cook you out.

Screen flickering problems but I love the size of the display

Wifi...I have the Hotspot activated but it keeps connecting me to no internet connection part of the wifi.

Alarm going off at all hours
I would like to know if Ford is going to have an after market add on for the 7.2 kw power pad in the bed.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
motor is mounted front instead of rear, that's maybe why we hear them louder and they both deploys at the same time also
Good to know, thanks. I wonder if a rubber bushing where the mounting screws could help that? If I knew it would that would be an easy correction.

GeorgeK

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed
I have got some great ideas from the tread, I'm definitely going to try and use my time wisely and if I have opportunities to help plug in some other issues I will, but yes I agree with you I will take the most recurring themes along with a few other big ones.

For those who have said they are steering away from the truck because of this and that just remember this is a small sample size of the people who actually own these trucks. If I had to guess most are very educated and wouldn't be on This forum if they didn't care about there trucks. If you dig around you will find all of these complaints somewhere on this forum. Thats also why I asked for the good as well. These trucks are freaking awesome. If you think a Gmc 1500 will out tow one of trucks go buy it. If the Dodge has a better interior go buy it. But I own this truck because I want a truck that will fit my needs. If you don't think the twin turbo set the bar your not paying attention. Toyota Tundra is ditching the v8 and going with a v6 turboed motor in 22.
Try getting them to commit to fixing the battery issues and reimburse customer that are dealing with these issues as it takes me two hours to drive to the dealer and back every time I have to go to get it looked at

Ford F-150 Ford Invites 2021 F-150 Owners to Virtual Interview with Engineers - What Questions, Feedback, Complaints Do You Have? 9282B3A0-5E06-46C9-81C8-737DC8C399FB

Flynscotsman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Self employed
I recieved an email today asking if I would like to participate in a F-150 virtual meeting with some folks from Ford. I was a bit unsure of the email so I called the phone number. I spoke to the company who is a third party and coordinates these feedback events. I was told they usually do them face to face however they are using zoom meetings due to COVID. I asked how many meetings they are conducting and was told the first round was 25 of the F-150 owners. Not sure how true that is.

[Admin Edit - Screenshot Added Courtesy of @21CaliPlatEB ]
At least you have your truck, mines in the shop with 300+/- miles on it for 16 days so far and still 3 weeks minimum to wait for a module in the tailgate that’s presumably causing the ”phantom” dead battery issue. Now I’m anxious to get truck back to look over all the quirks you listed which will piss me off even more.

0FF4F4CD-284B-4397-A279-60D23A5757F7.jpeg

I will be sitting in my truck when this meeting happens and using my phone to point issues out.

Whats really crazy is I was getting ready to start a "Am I to picky " thread about some of the trim and moulding pieces, the screen flicker ect. So this will be a great way to showcase those complaints.

Please list a few questions you would ask if you had the opportunity. I have my own but if I have a chance or find questions that will help us get some issues resolved I would love to echo your concerns and or positive feedback.

My meeting is the week of March 15th, this is what I came up with so far

I will show them misaligned interior pieces, and tailgate molding.

Love the seats but wish they had more length on the front side. The heating part will cook you out.

Screen flickering problems but I love the size of the display

Wifi...I have the Hotspot activated but it keeps connecting me to no internet connection part of the wifi.

Alarm going off at all hours

Sponsored

Rickam

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150KingRanch71 Mach179MarkV63GalaxieXL
Occupation
Retired
I have a front cv axle shaft seal leak and don’t even have 1000 miles on my King Ranch. Unbelievable .

Ldkburra

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Elkhunter, thank you for reaching out to us and representing us to Ford. I only have 500 miles on my lariat and am loving the truck so far. My only input is to echo the rust issue, and I haven't heard this from anyone else, but I have an android phone and when I am connected to the truck's Bluetooth, I get a message on the screen about every 30 seconds or so saying that my connection with my phone is "unstable". I would like to know how to fix that without having to use a cable. Thanks again!

mwooly

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 BMW E39 M5, 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Engineering Management
Agree. What we have at work are "Customer Engineering" department and they handle issues reported and they are put in a tracking database so that they can be reproduced, or dispositioned as "future enhancement" or "will not fix" or "fixed in release x.y.z" etc. A lot of the things here are multiple categories: Design Request (next gen most likely), Software Feature request (hopefully a reflash or OTA update), Bug report (again hopefully just an update), and Quality Control (which is out of engineers hands most likely).

And yes the stuff I'm working on now won't see the market for another 2 years, and the stuff folks would complain about is stuff from 2-3 years back I hardly remember details of. I wouldn't even still have the hardware around to reproduce the issues! That's where Customer Engineering should handle it (who had zero to do with the design, it's really a thankless job).

With the amount of tech on these trucks it is a massive system with tons of permutations that have to all work together. And they likely can't do it all in a lab, it needs to be driven. I can't even fathom the test environments they must have to put together to try to permute every single possibility. Us early adopters are unfortunately part of the Beta testing program....
When I was a disk drive development engineer many years ago, we had to follow the product into manufacturing and then into sustaining engineering (i.e., customer support and issue resolution). In other words, we could not toss a crappy product over the wall. We were accountable. We had to make it right. We dealt directly with irate customers. We wrote and fixed many of our own Engineering Change Orders. It was humbling but effective. It made us better engineers. Later, when I was running large product developments, I took it one step further and required the scientists in Research to help take the product through manufacturing readiness testing. That caused more than one of them to quit and join a research institute that was more "researchy"

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
Rear camera button.
Please let us see what's going on whenever we push the rear camera button regardless of our current forward motion. (Checking on trailers etc)
Sorry if already mentioned.

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
1. Please stop making the standard F150 mirrors smaller like a car. Its a truck and a large vehicle and most have the option to tow. F150 Towing mirrors are overkill. I always back into a parking spot whenever possible so relatively wider mirrors are beneficial. I check my mirrors constantly while driving forward as well. For reference, Generation 12 mirrors are perfect. No blind spots.

2. What is the timing belt on the 3.0 Powerstroke made from?

3. Why is the 3.0 Powerstroke oil pump at the back of the engine where you must remove the transmission to check or replace the belt?

4. Why isnt the 36 gallon extended range fule tank and option on the 3.0 Powerstroke? The DEF tank is 5.6 gallons and is expected to last 10,000 miles before empty.

Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Rust and Corrosion on major components under the truck from the factory.

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
When I was a disk drive development engineer many years ago, we had to follow the product into manufacturing and then into sustaining engineering (i.e., customer support and issue resolution). In other words, we could not toss a crappy product over the wall. We were accountable. We had to make it right. We dealt directly with irate customers. We wrote and fixed many of our own Engineering Change Orders. It was humbling but effective. It made us better engineers. Later, when I was running large product developments, I took it one step further and required the scientists in Research to help take the product through manufacturing readiness testing. That caused more than one of them to quit and join a research institute that was more "researchy"
This is how it should be in product development but unfortunately the rapid pace of new tech development needs developers to keep developing, manufacturing engineers to manufacture, and field support engineers to support. It's a viscous cycle driven by profit.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Love the ford app pass also. Needs a few tweaks.
That has your recall info on it but i get what you are asking. The battery drain thing was also something I was going to bring up
My KR F-150 has been in twice for service an 0/2 sensor went out the other was a reflash mirrors recall.
Only thing my Ford Pass app says is that it was in for service twice, no charge..
Doesn't mention any details why it was in.
Which makes the service history portion of the app worthless,
Unless you just want to know how many times it's been in to the dealer..

2nd complaint,
I have condensation dripping from exhaust clamp under drivers feet,
Passenger side I have a drip coming from a welded muffler to exhaust pipe just below front passenger seat.
The dealer service advisor on the phone tells me it supposed do that.
I'm guessing that's a lie??

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
My KR F-150 has been in twice for service an 0/2 sensor went out the other was a reflash mirrors recall.
Only thing my Ford Pass app says is that it was in for service twice, no charge..
Doesn't mention any details why it was in.
Which makes the service history portion of the app worthless,
Unless you just want to know how many times it's been in to the dealer..

2nd complaint,
I have condensation dripping from exhaust clamp under drivers feet,
Passenger side I have a drip coming from a welded muffler to exhaust pipe just below front passenger seat.
The dealer service advisor on the phone tells me it supposed do that.
I'm guessing that's a lie??
I can see having one on the air conditioning side but not both. I know we have chatted about this in private, can you check your connection and see if you have any blacking at that joint. That would tell you if you have an exhaust leak or not.

Do you think it could be coming from the turbo waste gate?? Does it do both sides if you are not running the air conditioner? Mine is not doing this and I'm in a humid climate also.
Sponsored