Sponsored

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
The truck needs a smaller console and a larger drivers seat. Take a couple inches, add a couple inches. Mine is a disaster.

Other than that, I’d like to see updates pushed to Sync 4 fixing the glitches. Should be real time, not some ridiculous two moth delay.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I don't own my truck yet (waaaaaaah!) but I do have one baffling design question and a couple nits:

- Why would they favor putting a 120V breaker reset in the front center stack rather than a 12V socket? And only on the 7.2kW propower trucks. Couldn't they have put it in the bed with the others? 12V is fairly important up front!

- Understand that viewing cameras on screen in motion can be a safety issue but why not just the bed/aux cams to be allowed? For the bed, it is no more a safety issue than looking at your rear view mirror for a second, or turning your head over your shoulder to glance at your load. I'd argue it is safer than turning your head.

- What, if ANYTHING, do Powerboost owners get for they $2k when they buy Max Tow???? Perhaps the engineers would know, even though they don't set the price.

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Please ask them what the OTA update schedule will be. Is it being done routinely, like monthly, quarterly, or what? Or is it only being done "as required"?

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Here are my lists. I will bring them up if I get an opportunity to I participate in a later session as well.

Bugs to fix:
- the random alarm triggers - MY NEIGHBORS HAVE BEEN PATIENT ENOUGH!
- the random trailer reverse assist errors when no trailer connected
- 360 cameras & auto running boards disengage or are disabled well before 5MPH - ideal would be >= 5MPH. I have to slow to a crawl (1-2 MPH to engage 360 cameras to assist with parking in my driveway. I also have to toggle the 360 view back on each time I go to D while parking lot maneuvering.
- Auto running boards retract, then immediately extend (go up, then back down) if you lock the truck with the button and have proximity detection enabled. The proximity should not engage until I leave the area.
- random temperature issues. Things like not blowing heat when set (driving or parked), blowing heat on one side and cool on the other (even with dual mode disabled), etc.

Enhancements I would like to see:
- 360 cameras remain enabled when switching from R to D (not auto off until a sensor triggers) to parking lot maneuvering. My wife’s G80 does this and it is nice.
- A way to blank out gauge display when running in generator mode like the SYNC4 can - I want a full “off“ on all displays to make it appear not running when acting as a generator.
yes --> Auto running boards retract, then immediately extend (go up, then back down) if you lock the truck with the button and have proximity detection enabled. The proximity should not engage until I leave the area.

Sponsored

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
Great ..... its weird because I was reading your issues and I have literally had half of them. I just kinda excepted the air flow and rescyle air flow thing but it does bug me and it looks like we have more than one complaint on this issue.

I'll have a list together ill pick out some hot topics and try and squeeze in other issues.

On another note what do you like about the truck?
One complaint as someone else has mentioned: Double-honk when running but the key is not inside of vehicle.

Things I like:
Styling
Interior/dash/instrument cluster layout and design. Customization of displayed gauges is nice.
Endless storage pockets/cubbies
Folding shifter is cool, I see the practicality but also is a bit of a novelty. Hope it holds up!
Increased HP and torque out of the 3.5 Eco
Towing specs with the Max-Tow package; will test once my truck is fixed and returned from the dealer.
Drive modes are well matched for driving conditions and the engineers did a great job on these IMO. "Slippery" is very useful on icy roads in particular.
Electrical receptacle in the bed, 7.2 KW for those that have it.
Tailgate functionality: able to use quick-clamps on the tailgate is smart
Full length running boards
Grille shutters to help the engine warm up faster
Seat heaters are great, very effective to the point where my A$$ is roasting!
Sync 4 is a great improvement over Sync 3
Lane departure assist is great (when working!)

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
I've been waiting to order my truck for months, and I'm actually considering not buying one due to many of these issues. The deal-breakers for me are:
  • Rust
  • Air recirculation turning off (I spend a lot of time in Los Angeles traffic jams)
  • Not being able to view a camera while driving (I mount a camera inside my trailer so I can check on the horses while we're traveling)
  • Alarm going off
Please let them know what these issues could be preventing sales.

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Also please ask if there is a way to deploy the air dam while parked so it can be cleaned/checked for damage.

OP
OP
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I've been waiting to order my truck for months, and I'm actually considering not buying one due to many of these issues. The deal-breakers for me are:
  • Rust
  • Air recirculation turning off (I spend a lot of time in Los Angeles traffic jams)
  • Not being able to view a camera while driving (I mount a camera inside my trailer so I can check on the horses while we're traveling)
  • Alarm going off
Please let them know what these issues could be preventing sales.
The rust can be fixed at the dealership, but I will let them know for sure! The alarm is something they are aware, so I'm sure they are working on it....again ill let them know.

The camera thing seems to be more important than I expected. Good Insight.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Keep em coming

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Gee, with all of these sour notes, I am thinking I should just cancel my order and look for a restored Studebaker. I have had a custom house built and had fewer complaints and it was not “perfect”. If you want all of the whip, whistles and balloons, you are going to have to move up to a higher trim level. Sorry, but my glass is half full, not half empty.

Sponsored

Bird1006

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 STX 4x4, 2021 F150 STX
Occupation
helicopter mechanic
I forgot to mention to ask about Applink and what apps they are going to make work with sync 4.

Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost sold, 2023 Tremor 5.0 now
I hope they don’t email me for a survey. I won’t be able to tell them much. Sorry but I have none of the issues in this thread.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Non trailer tow vs trailer tow PHYSICAL or ECU type differences. No one from ford can answer that.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
Dude please slam them for the alarm going off at random hours and worst of all the motion sensors automatically turn back on after a few drives so it continues to happen. LOL
YES. Another voice here about Motion sensor alarm.
Once I DEACTIVATE the MOTION SENSOR IN settings. It needs to STAY DE-ACTIVATED.
(My work around is to have the truck ask me every time I turn off engine)

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
I recieved an email today asking if I would like to participate in a F-150 virtual meeting with some folks from Ford. I was a bit unsure of the email so I called the phone number. I spoke to the company who is a third party and coordinates these feedback events. I was told they usually do them face to face however they are using zoom meetings due to COVID. I asked how many meetings they are conducting and was told the first round was 25 of the F-150 owners. Not sure how true that is.

[Admin Edit - Screenshot Added Courtesy of @21CaliPlatEB ]

0FF4F4CD-284B-4397-A279-60D23A5757F7.jpeg

I will be sitting in my truck when this meeting happens and using my phone to point issues out.

Whats really crazy is I was getting ready to start a "Am I to picky " thread about some of the trim and moulding pieces, the screen flicker ect. So this will be a great way to showcase those complaints.

Please list a few questions you would ask if you had the opportunity. I have my own but if I have a chance or find questions that will help us get some issues resolved I would love to echo your concerns and or positive feedback.

My meeting is the week of March 15th, this is what I came up with so far

I will show them misaligned interior pieces, and tailgate molding.

Love the seats but wish they had more length on the front side. The heating part will cook you out.

Screen flickering problems but I love the size of the display

Wifi...I have the Hotspot activated but it keeps connecting me to no internet connection part of the wifi.

Alarm going off at all hours
what about the Rust issue on the rear differential parts some are filled with Rust in the rear end !!!
Sponsored