don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
Rear camera button.
Please let us see what's going on whenever we push the rear camera button regardless of our current forward motion. (Checking on trailers etc)
Sorry if already mentioned.
If they do this, I would buy the customer installed trailer camera. For now, I will opt for the one I have.
Sponsored

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
If they do this, I would buy the customer installed trailer camera. For now, I will opt for the one I have.
Please excuse my not understanding what you are saying....
Please, elaborate who "they" and "this" is.

Also, Question:
you have the ability to push the Rear tailgate camera button above your monitor to see your rear carmera (without having to put the gear selector in reverse), RIGHT?

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Please excuse my not understanding what you are saying....
Please, elaborate who "they" and "this" is.

Also, Question:
you have the ability to push the Rear tailgate camera button above your monitor to see your rear carmera (without having to put the gear selector in reverse), RIGHT?
If Ford makes the customer installed camera viewable while moving, I would buy one. Otherwise I stay with the one I have now.

For now, cameras are only view able while traveling < 5 MPH.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
For now, cameras are only view able while traveling < 5 MPH.
YEP! That's why I suggested FORD to change SOFTWARE so that the Ford rear camera IS VIEWABLE above 5mph! (When driver needs that information)

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla already allows the use of rear view cameras while moving at speed. The precedent has been set, and NTSB must have approved their use.

Sponsored

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing
For those of us towing livestock, it's important to be able to look through the front windows of the trailer to make sure they're OK.

I also mount a camera inside my trailer, connected to the main screen, and I need to be able to check it periodically.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I can see having one on the air conditioning side but not both. I know we have chatted about this in private, can you check your connection and see if you have any blacking at that joint. That would tell you if you have an exhaust leak or not.

Do you think it could be coming from the turbo waste gate?? Does it do both sides if you are not running the air conditioner? Mine is not doing this and I'm in a humid climate also.
Here is a shot of a drip fixing to fall from driver side exhaust.
Definitely condensation dripping from the clamp.

While I'm thinking about it, is there a way to stop the chime from dinging when the door is open?
Thanks Bob

Ford F-150 Ford Invites 2021 F-150 Owners to Virtual Interview with Engineers - What Questions, Feedback, Complaints Do You Have? Screenshot_20210317-191650_Gallery

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
Tesla already allows the use of rear view cameras while moving at speed. The precedent has been set, and NTSB must have approved their use.
Same for my RAM 1500.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Here is a shot of a drip fixing to fall from driver side exhaust.
Definitely condensation dripping from the clamp.

While I'm thinking about it, is there a way to stop the chime from dinging when the door is open?
Thanks Bob
Yep, just what it looks like. Mine is not doing that.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
On the phone they say it's supposed to do that.
As long as the water is not coming from the inside of the exhaust, that would mean you have an exhaust leak. I didn't see any black on the pipe so doesn't look like it unless there is on the top of the connection. Maybe you just higher humidity there than me.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
As long as the water is not coming from the inside of the exhaust, that would mean you have an exhaust leak. I didn't see any black on the pipe so doesn't look like it unless there is on the top of the connection. Maybe you just higher humidity there than me.
I'll keep an eye on it and see if it corresponds to the humidity..
Thanks

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
  1. Add a "hunting" mode which disables all the synthesized sounds on a PB (backup, pedestrian repellant, double honk, etc)
  2. Add a "hunting plus" mode that incorporates #1 and also favors using the electric mode more heavily than normal.
  3. Show album art when carplay/AA is displayed in the mini screen.
  4. Include wireless charging on Lariat trim level.
  5. Switch to modern high-power USB ports throughout.
  6. Allow 360 degree camera up to 15 mph, at least while in 4wd or off-road mode.
  7. Add a setting where 360 degree camera automatically activates when moving *forward* at less than 5 mph.
  8. Add a sensor that tells you what percent of payload capacity you're at, based on compression of the suspension.
  9. Enable the bed and trailer cameras at all speeds (as *many* other people have already mentioned).
  10. Use my phone as a key.
  11. Fix the friggin' formatting of the software-based user manual. Sheesh.
  12. Make the search in the user manual work better. This probably means tagging articles with metadata and terms that users commonly search for.
  13. While we're at it, why not include the entire service manual, specific to the vehicle, in the infotainment system? (I'm talking about the ones you can buy from third parties online, but are still ultimately generated for a VIN by Ford themselves.)
  14. Shamelessly steal the design of Audi's scroll+click steering wheel controls. They're excellent.
  15. And finally, let me order directly from Ford instead of going through a dealer. Tesla has found ways around the anti-consumer dealership laws that most states have on the books. In fact, let's just turn X-Plan into "Ford direct buy."

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
'21 F-150, '08 4Runner, '66 LeMans, '21 CanAm X3
Occupation
sales idiot
Elkhunter, thank you for reaching out to us and representing us to Ford. I only have 500 miles on my lariat and am loving the truck so far. My only input is to echo the rust issue, and I haven't heard this from anyone else, but I have an android phone and when I am connected to the truck's Bluetooth, I get a message on the screen about every 30 seconds or so saying that my connection with my phone is "unstable". I would like to know how to fix that without having to use a cable. Thanks again!
I've had issues like that with my iPhone. I cleaned the charging port of the phone throughly with a dental pick (careful!), a little bit of rubbing alcohol, and some compressed air afterwards, and that helped tremendously. If you're like me and your phone goes in your pocket often, you may be shocked at the lint that builds up in that thing. My connector even connects more firmly after cleaning. Good luck!
Sponsored