Sponsored

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
2021 F150 Powerboost XLT sport Screw 4x4 157”
Yesterday we were driving around kept getting intermittent errors on the front passenger sensor fault in and out. The message came and went so fast maybe it was more of an obstruction warning but it’s suspicious. The truck is clean, 2 layers of graphene coating 2 weeks ago. Yesterday it was probably 10 degrees Fahrenheit and light snow on the road.
I checked the sensor when we stopped and did the ole spit shine with a napkin. I think it’s poor electrical seal on the wiring or back on the sensor. Something to do with behind the bumper, it was the only place it’s at all dirty and with quick inspection there seems to be a cavity back there that might be holding dirt, moisture.
Could the snow have covered the sensor? That's the only time I've had them notify me they aren't working. It was a light wet snow and just stuck to the front bumper.

Ben Spitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I twice now have been driving and I have to stop and shut the truck off to get the heat working- warm engine running fine but ice cold air blowing out vents. Pull off, shut the truck off and cycle the door. Then start it and have heat.. also have issues at times with Apple car play not connecting.

Anyway to turn the reverse chime off on powerboost

Ben Spitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I would just like Ford to tell me when they are going to build the F-150 that I ordered on 11/04/20. The truck is an XLT, 157” bed with a few options. It seems that every week the dealer tells me the reason it is not being built is a different unavailable option for that week. At one time the truck was not built because the plant closed due to a Covid 19 outbreak. At that time all required parts for the build were available. When the plant reopened magically some parts were missing. It appears to me that I have seen a lot of Platinums, KR, Limited and Lariats being built and not many XLT’s. Maybe Ford’s priority in building vehicles goes to where it is a better money maker for them......

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
I recieved an email today asking if I would like to participate in a F-150 virtual meeting with some folks from Ford. I was a bit unsure of the email so I called the phone number. I spoke to the company who is a third party and coordinates these feedback events. I was told they usually do them face to face however they are using zoom meetings due to COVID. I asked how many meetings they are conducting and was told the first round was 25 of the F-150 owners. Not sure how true that is.

[Admin Edit - Screenshot Added Courtesy of @21CaliPlatEB ]

I will be sitting in my truck when this meeting happens and using my phone to point issues out.

Whats really crazy is I was getting ready to start a "Am I to picky " thread about some of the trim and moulding pieces, the screen flicker ect. So this will be a great way to showcase those complaints.

Please list a few questions you would ask if you had the opportunity. I have my own but if I have a chance or find questions that will help us get some issues resolved I would love to echo your concerns and or positive feedback.

My meeting is the week of March 15th, this is what I came up with so far

I will show them misaligned interior pieces, and tailgate molding.

Love the seats but wish they had more length on the front side. The heating part will cook you out.

Screen flickering problems but I love the size of the display

Wifi...I have the Hotspot activated but it keeps connecting me to no internet connection part of the wifi.

Alarm going off at all hours
Ford F-150 Ford Invites 2021 F-150 Owners to Virtual Interview with Engineers - What Questions, Feedback, Complaints Do You Have? 20210305_002429

Alarm System Question in user selection keeps defaulting TO "MOTION SENSOR ON"
This is easily solved BY DEFAULTING TO LAST USER SELECTION AFTER KEY CYCLE.

Trucks asks you if you would like MoTion detector off. Once you "turn it off" it is good for 1 key cycle and then it defaults ON again. My only work around is to choose to have the truck ask me every time i turn off ignition... if I want motion detector on or off. Very annoying.
(I have dogs. I need it off most of the time)

Next
Ford F-150 Ford Invites 2021 F-150 Owners to Virtual Interview with Engineers - What Questions, Feedback, Complaints Do You Have? 20210305_002012

Manual blend door Air Flow selection
No default. HAVE IT DEFAULT TO USER LAST SELECTION.
Another easy fix. If you go from "auto mode" to manual selection in HVAC.
NO AIR COMES OUT. YOU MANUALLY HAVE TO CHOOSE (DEFROST OR DASH VENTS OR FLOOR) EVERYTIME!!!
it needs to default to user LAST SETTING.
PLEASE !!!

-lou

Sponsored

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
I just thought of another feature request: I would like the ability to save per-driving mode custom gauge selections.

For example, have turbo & oil pressure in Sport, turbo and transmission temperature in Tow/Haul, transmission temperature & oil pressure in Normal, etc.

[are you sorry you posted this yet? o_O]

SCombs12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Designer
This is coming from a tier 1 supplier and f-150 owner myself. This is a 90+% new truck. There will be growing pains with this 1st year. Trust me.. if there are enough complaints it will be passed on and dealt with. These things aren’t taken lightly. As for the rust, I can’t explain that one. I had that on my 18’ not to long after receiving it and obviously hasn’t changed.

Desertdweller

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PowerBoost FX 4
Occupation
Retired
I twice now have been driving and I have to stop and shut the truck off to get the heat working- warm engine running fine but ice cold air blowing out vents. Pull off, shut the truck off and cycle the door. Then start it and have heat.. also have issues at times with Apple car play not connecting.

Anyway to turn the reverse chime off on powerboost
Ha! I have had just the opposite happen. No A/C until I pull over and stop, shut off the truck, and restart it. Happened only once, but a real annoyance and dangerous depending on your journey and location.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I think they will be wanting non warranty issues and what they can change for the next model that will make the truck more ergonomic or better for the user. Warranty issues are items not functioning as designed and can be corrected.

My only real complaint is the powerboards are louder than my 2018 and don't go as far down either. It's like they changed motor types and this one is louder inside the cab.

Sponsored

bhunter0830

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 2009 Pontiac G8, 1974 Z28
Following as I would like to know how to turn auto start/stop perminently off. Have owne the truck for 5 days and have been worken up every night by the alarm going off. The fact I have to tell it every key cycle to turn the motion senors off is dumb. Would like apple carplay to come back to where you left off like my other vehichles do. (Specifically Spotify). The GPS needs upating. Even google has finally upated their maps to show my house now after being build for 3 years. Lots of good stuff. Glad to see a forum still active and not have to dig through facebook, ask a question to then be told to do a search and have to dive though bitching and complaining an no real answers.

Bajou

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16MKX '18EDGE '19F-150 (Explorer MarkLT and many F150'S)
Occupation
Financial advisor, business owner
I recieved an email today asking if I would like to participate in a F-150 virtual meeting with some folks from Ford. I was a bit unsure of the email so I called the phone number. I spoke to the company who is a third party and coordinates these feedback events. I was told they usually do them face to face however they are using zoom meetings due to COVID. I asked how many meetings they are conducting and was told the first round was 25 of the F-150 owners. Not sure how true that is.

[Admin Edit - Screenshot Added Courtesy of @21CaliPlatEB ]

0FF4F4CD-284B-4397-A279-60D23A5757F7.jpeg

I will be sitting in my truck when this meeting happens and using my phone to point issues out.

Whats really crazy is I was getting ready to start a "Am I to picky " thread about some of the trim and moulding pieces, the screen flicker ect. So this will be a great way to showcase those complaints.

Please list a few questions you would ask if you had the opportunity. I have my own but if I have a chance or find questions that will help us get some issues resolved I would love to echo your concerns and or positive feedback.

My meeting is the week of March 15th, this is what I came up with so far

I will show them misaligned interior pieces, and tailgate molding.

Love the seats but wish they had more length on the front side. The heating part will cook you out.

Screen flickering problems but I love the size of the display

Wifi...I have the Hotspot activated but it keeps connecting me to no internet connection part of the wifi.

Alarm going off at all hours
Concerning the alarm, i deactivated the inside sensors, now they ask when i get out if i want them active, never had an annoying alarm since. Waiting a few months 'till they find the real problem

Bajou

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16MKX '18EDGE '19F-150 (Explorer MarkLT and many F150'S)
Occupation
Financial advisor, business owner
I think they will be wanting non warranty issues and what they can change for the next model that will make the truck more ergonomic or better for the user. Warranty issues are items not functioning as designed and can be corrected.

My only real complaint is the powerboards are louder than my 2018 and don't go as far down either. It's like they changed motor types and this one is louder inside the cab.
motor is mounted front instead of rear, that's maybe why we hear them louder and they both deploys at the same time also

Paddlehard

First Name
RD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Occupation
Builder
This is great, respect for the proactive energy. Anyone with this opportunity should delve into it; it will help future owners. I have a 2021 Platinum power boost fully loaded. Now 3000 miles.
I have needed to take it in for windows not closing, raddles, and annoying noises from interior finishes not seated properly. I also get a clunk sound on gears engaging. Wifi, wireless, and with USB is problematic and will be intermittent, interrupt/pause sound at times disrupting calls/audio.

Ford needs to own up, provide support and stand by their products with the class and dignity they try so hard to represent in the advertising.
Sponsored