Sponsored

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
We all know they are going to say its a safety issue to look at anything other than the road over 5mph, but I get it.

Why would you want to lower the air dam?

The holder is good for business cards...thats about it. It be removed.

I think the wood grain on that cubby and door panels is kinda cheap looking myself?

The last setting is a hot topic, I personally learned to deal with it but again it would be nice if it stayed in the mode last driven in.

Alarm, rust rear end, last driven mode, battery drain, apple/Android problems drain battery wifi ect. Air recycling, central place to find recalls. Auto stop, Diplay getting hot and flickering,

I'll pull it up on my computer so I can read it better but it looks like we have one hell of a start.

Please give me a few What do you likes, again I have mine but maybe there is something you really dig!!!

This is my first f150 , I have had 5 f250/f350s
Like @SuvE said, so I can clean the air dam because I'm sure it will get some bugs and stuff on it, don't want it getting jammed up while it's trying to retract and burn up the motors or something.

We have a massive touch screen that has access to our texts, music, driving directions and lots of other things, looking at it to check on your load or trailer is much safer than staring in your rearview mirror or turning around in your seat to get a better look.

Thought of another one, most people have big water bottles so if the cup holders on the back of the center console could handle Hydroflasks, Nalgenes etc would be nice. Not all of them but a couple.

I love the truck, I think the gauge cluster is great, looks phenomenal, don't know why it can't be more customizable but I'm fine with it. The 12 inch screen is awesome, again wish I could customize it a bit more, especially getting rid of the app button since there are no apps for it. Interior is comfy, I like the LED dynamic headlights and I'm pretty impressed with the auto high beams. The different modes are nice, slippery has been great in snow and on ice, sport is fun. Having the speed limit on the speedometer is one of my favorite features, just hope cops don't know about it if I happen to get pulled over. Having the climate controls as buttons vs touch screen is much nicer than the competition in my opinion.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I'm dying laughing reading this thread. This is why I am super thankful that being an engineer at a major tech company, customers DO NOT have access to us! I would be fearing for my life every day doing to work :ROFLMAO:

This thread went from "engineers" wanting to learn about user experience and solicit feature requests, to all out b!tch session about every possible thing not having to do with them, including bug submissions! Hopefully it is more the customer support team that can funnel requests to the right places. I can't imagine the engineers I work with getting screamed at for stuff they had nothing to do with (most work on one little area, they don't just design a "truck") and how stressful that would be.

Hopefully Elkhunter you can consolidate these down to the most recurring themes, and they give you enough talk time to make it worthwhile.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Like @SuvE said, so I can clean the air dam because I'm sure it will get some bugs and stuff on it, don't want it getting jammed up while it's trying to retract and burn up the motors or something.

We have a massive touch screen that has access to our texts, music, driving directions and lots of other things, looking at it to check on your load or trailer is much safer than staring in your rearview mirror or turning around in your seat to get a better look.

Thought of another one, most people have big water bottles so if the cup holders on the back of the center console could handle Hydroflasks, Nalgenes etc would be nice. Not all of them but a couple.

I love the truck, I think the gauge cluster is great, looks phenomenal, don't know why it can't be more customizable but I'm fine with it. The 12 inch screen is awesome, again wish I could customize it a bit more, especially getting rid of the app button since there are no apps for it. Interior is comfy, I like the LED dynamic headlights and I'm pretty impressed with the auto high beams. The different modes are nice, slippery has been great in snow and on ice, sport is fun. Having the speed limit on the speedometer is one of my favorite features, just hope cops don't know about it if I happen to get pulled over. Having the climate controls as buttons vs touch screen is much nicer than the competition in my opinion.
Awesome feedback back. I agree with customizing the bottom, however the App button does have apps on it with Android auto. I have two phones and own both platforms.

Funny you say something about the speed limit being on the dash, I find it to very in accurate. If I drive through a school zone during non school hours it flashes 20mph on my dash. I have had it do the same thing on the Hwy. It has several in correct speed limits and with the adaptive cruise control it will slow the truck down by 10 mph, its actually is a hazard in that situation.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Guys just a word of advice. While not in the auto industry, I do participate in engineer feedback meetings with two fortune 500 companies on a yearly basis. I cringe when I see comments like "Give them Hell, chastise them, slam them", ect. That is not the time or the place, or the people to be doing that too. Both sides suffer when it turns into a bitch session and your issues carry less weight. Present your problems in a courteous and professional manner and things will go a lot better and taken more seriously.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I'm dying laughing reading this thread. This is why I am super thankful that being an engineer at a major tech company, customers DO NOT have access to us! I would be fearing for my life every day doing to work :ROFLMAO:

This thread went from "engineers" wanting to learn about user experience and solicit feature requests, to all out b!tch session about every possible thing not having to do with them, including bug submissions! Hopefully it is more the customer support team that can funnel requests to the right places. I can't imagine the engineers I work with getting screamed at for stuff they had nothing to do with (most work on one little area, they don't just design a "truck") and how stressful that would be.

Hopefully Elkhunter you can consolidate these down to the most recurring themes, and they give you enough talk time to make it worthwhile.

Good luck!
I have got some great ideas from the tread, I'm definitely going to try and use my time wisely and if I have opportunities to help plug in some other issues I will, but yes I agree with you I will take the most recurring themes along with a few other big ones.

For those who have said they are steering away from the truck because of this and that just remember this is a small sample size of the people who actually own these trucks. If I had to guess most are very educated and wouldn't be on This forum if they didn't care about there trucks. If you dig around you will find all of these complaints somewhere on this forum. Thats also why I asked for the good as well. These trucks are freaking awesome. If you think a Gmc 1500 will out tow one of trucks go buy it. If the Dodge has a better interior go buy it. But I own this truck because I want a truck that will fit my needs. If you don't think the twin turbo set the bar your not paying attention. Toyota Tundra is ditching the v8 and going with a v6 turboed motor in 22.

Sponsored

ford2021

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
sales
Not sure I've seen it posted yet, but a way for your dealer to change the tire size for your computer/truck would be nice. Maybe my dealer is wrong but they said Ford hasn't released a way to do that yet.... I have yet to see anyone say they have done it themselves with forscan.... they should know a lot of people change their rim and tire sizes and have that software update accessible from release of truck...

ford2021

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
sales
Not sure I've seen it posted yet, but a way for your dealer to change the tire size for your computer/truck would be nice. Maybe my dealer is wrong but they said Ford hasn't released a way to do that yet.... I have yet to see anyone say they have done it themselves with forscan.... they should know a lot of people change their rim and tire sizes and have that software update accessible from release of truck...
Adding to this since it is a talk with engineers- ram trucks recalibrate on their own when you change tires. No way with all the advanced electronics that fords shouldn't be able to do the same

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
Guys just a word of advice. While not in the auto industry, I do participate in engineer feedback meetings with two fortune 500 companies on a yearly basis. I cringe when I see comments like "Give them Hell, chastise them, slam them", ect. That is not the time or the place, or the people to be doing that too. Both sides suffer when it turns into a bitch session and your issues carry less weight. Present yours problems in a courteous and professional manner and things will go a lot better and taken more seriously.
☝ That! ☝
100% Agree

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
Awesome feedback back. I agree with customizing the bottom, however the App button does have apps on it with Android auto. I have two phones and own both platforms.

Funny you say something about the speed limit being on the dash, I find it to very in accurate. If I drive through a school zone during non school hours it flashes 20mph on my dash. I have had it do the same thing on the Hwy. It has several in correct speed limits and with the adaptive cruise control it will slow the truck down by 10 mph, its actually is a hazard in that situation.
The apps button has what, Ford Pass on it, then it's search phone, search for apps, and something else? Every time I try to search for apps nothing comes up. I saw online it supports Waze which would be worth it but I can't get it set up, just run it through AA.

That's unfortunate. I think I've seen your posts about the adaptive cruise catching a parallel speed limit sign and slowing down. Hopefully they can get that fixed for you, I haven't had that problem so I really like the feature.

Last edited:

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra

Good luck!
Same here. As a development engineer, I very rarely have an opportunity to interact with customers. I am developing products for 3-5 years in the future. Sure, we can factor in customer feedback but its on products that were developed that far in the past and the technology, processes, marketplaces I'm designing to will be completely different.

The issues we are having with this model are due to bad design testing during development and potentially bad quality control during manufacturing. As I've said before, automakers have to catch up to the best practices found in the technology sector.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Same here. As a development engineer, I very rarely have an opportunity to interact with customers. I am developing products for 3-5 years in the future. Sure, we can factor in customer feedback but its on products that were developed that far in the past and the technology, processes, marketplaces I'm designing to will be completely different.

The issues we are having with this model are due to bad design testing during development and potentially bad quality control during manufacturing. As I've said before, automakers have to catch up to the best practices found in the technology sector.
Agree. What we have at work are "Customer Engineering" department and they handle issues reported and they are put in a tracking database so that they can be reproduced, or dispositioned as "future enhancement" or "will not fix" or "fixed in release x.y.z" etc. A lot of the things here are multiple categories: Design Request (next gen most likely), Software Feature request (hopefully a reflash or OTA update), Bug report (again hopefully just an update), and Quality Control (which is out of engineers hands most likely).

And yes the stuff I'm working on now won't see the market for another 2 years, and the stuff folks would complain about is stuff from 2-3 years back I hardly remember details of. I wouldn't even still have the hardware around to reproduce the issues! That's where Customer Engineering should handle it (who had zero to do with the design, it's really a thankless job).

With the amount of tech on these trucks it is a massive system with tons of permutations that have to all work together. And they likely can't do it all in a lab, it needs to be driven. I can't even fathom the test environments they must have to put together to try to permute every single possibility. Us early adopters are unfortunately part of the Beta testing program....

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Don't ask the question if you can't stand the answer.

Be nice too!

OP
OP
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
what about the Rust issue on the rear differential parts some are filled with Rust in the rear end !!!
You mean the axel gear oil has rust in it?

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
And yes the stuff I'm working on now won't see the market for another 2 years, and the stuff folks would complain about is stuff from 2-3 years back I hardly remember details of. I wouldn't even still have the hardware around to reproduce the issues! That's where Customer Engineering should handle it (who had zero to do with the design, it's really a thankless job).
This just popped in my head.
Pretty common knowledge that the gen I small block Chevy v8 first became available for the 55 model year.
What is not common knowledge, is that a few ( very few and limited to GM personnel) were installed in NEW 52 Chevrolets, and had a couple of years in the real world before being introduced to the public.

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew 4x4 XLT Sport Powerboost
Occupation
Energy
2021 F150 Powerboost XLT sport Screw 4x4 157”
Yesterday we were driving around kept getting intermittent errors on the front passenger sensor fault in and out. The message came and went so fast maybe it was more of an obstruction warning but it’s suspicious. The truck is clean, 2 layers of graphene coating 2 weeks ago. Yesterday it was probably 10 degrees Fahrenheit and light snow on the road.
I checked the sensor when we stopped and did the ole spit shine with a napkin. I think it’s poor electrical seal on the wiring or back on the sensor. Something to do with behind the bumper, it was the only place it’s at all dirty and with quick inspection there seems to be a cavity back there that might be holding dirt, moisture.
Sponsored