tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
Here are a few for me. 501a package
1. Add A/C vents in back for future trucks with bench seat, people sit back there on hot days too.
2. Easy/Entry Exit, disappears from settings on screen after initial seat setting.
3. Rust, alarm, and recirculation button issue on my truck as well.
4. What NO HEATED STEERING WHEEL ON A LARIAT TRIM unless its a 502a or higher. REALLY
Sponsored

Last edited:

boy racer

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 1985 Mustang 5.0
Some of you have posted about a battery drain issue. I saw this notice in Ford Pass today and thought it may be related?
Ford F-150 Ford Invites 2021 F-150 Owners to Virtual Interview with Engineers - What Questions, Feedback, Complaints Do You Have? Zone lighting fix

TommyGun

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT & 2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
I recieved an email today asking if I would like to participate in a F-150 virtual meeting with some folks from Ford. I was a bit unsure of the email so I called the phone number. I spoke to the company who is a third party and coordinates these feedback events. I was told they usually do them face to face however they are using zoom meetings due to COVID. I asked how many meetings they are conducting and was told the first round was 25 of the F-150 owners. Not sure how true that is.

[Admin Edit - Screenshot Added Courtesy of @21CaliPlatEB ]

0FF4F4CD-284B-4397-A279-60D23A5757F7.jpeg

I will be sitting in my truck when this meeting happens and using my phone to point issues out.

Whats really crazy is I was getting ready to start a "Am I to picky " thread about some of the trim and moulding pieces, the screen flicker ect. So this will be a great way to showcase those complaints.

Please list a few questions you would ask if you had the opportunity. I have my own but if I have a chance or find questions that will help us get some issues resolved I would love to echo your concerns and or positive feedback.

My meeting is the week of March 15th, this is what I came up with so far

I will show them misaligned interior pieces, and tailgate molding.

Love the seats but wish they had more length on the front side. The heating part will cook you out.

Screen flickering problems but I love the size of the display

Wifi...I have the Hotspot activated but it keeps connecting me to no internet connection part of the wifi.

Alarm going off at all hours
Elkhunter,
Ask them about the Pro Trailer Backup Assist. It’s impossible to set up the targeting decal option for that. When you try it just says sensor not detected and won’t go into calibration mode.

Also, not sure if anyone has experienced this problem, but my Sync User Interface will sometime quit functioning sometimes while driving. The screen is still on, but touch function is gone. I have to pull over, do a full shutdown including opening the door after the engine is off and restart to restore function.

Last edited:

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
I don't own my truck yet (waaaaaaah!) but I do have one baffling design question and a couple nits:

- Why would they favor putting a 120V breaker reset in the front center stack rather than a 12V socket? And only on the 7.2kW propower trucks. Couldn't they have put it in the bed with the others? 12V is fairly important up front!

- Understand that viewing cameras on screen in motion can be a safety issue but why not just the bed/aux cams to be allowed? For the bed, it is no more a safety issue than looking at your rear view mirror for a second, or turning your head over your shoulder to glance at your load. I'd argue it is safer than turning your head.

- What, if ANYTHING, do Powerboost owners get for they $2k when they buy Max Tow???? Perhaps the engineers would know, even though they don't set the price.
For the front breaker, the front plug is a 20A plug on the 7.2k On Power models. All the 20A receptacles have a breaker next to them.

The front dash receptacle is a 400W (3A) on the smaller On Power units, so I assume the breaker is not required, freeing up a spot for a 12VDC power point.

For the cameras, yes it used to be a safety restriction. But Tesla has been approved for using side cameras for rear view use while moving.

The rules are evolving, and Ford should be able to change the behavior in a future update, if they allow the rear bed and possibly trailer cameras to be used. They may have to go through a regulatory process, but it should be doable with the current hardware.

I recall Max tow on the PB gets:
  • 3.73 electronic-locking rear-axle if ordered with a 3.5L PowerBoost V6 with 4×4
  • 7-pin wiring harness: includes 7-Pin-to-4-Pin adapter
  • Class IV trailer hitch receiver
  • Pro Trailer Backup Assist (not available on XL Standard; requires Tow Technology on XL High)
  • Smart Trailer Tow Connector (Includes BLIS with Trailer Tow Coverage where BLIS is available)
  • Integrated trailer brake controller
  • Upgraded rear bumper

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I recieved an email today asking if I would like to participate in a F-150 virtual meeting with some folks from Ford. I was a bit unsure of the email so I called the phone number. I spoke to the company who is a third party and coordinates these feedback events. I was told they usually do them face to face however they are using zoom meetings due to COVID. I asked how many meetings they are conducting and was told the first round was 25 of the F-150 owners. Not sure how true that is.

[Admin Edit - Screenshot Added Courtesy of @21CaliPlatEB ]

0FF4F4CD-284B-4397-A279-60D23A5757F7.jpeg

I will be sitting in my truck when this meeting happens and using my phone to point issues out.

Whats really crazy is I was getting ready to start a "Am I to picky " thread about some of the trim and moulding pieces, the screen flicker ect. So this will be a great way to showcase those complaints.

Please list a few questions you would ask if you had the opportunity. I have my own but if I have a chance or find questions that will help us get some issues resolved I would love to echo your concerns and or positive feedback.

My meeting is the week of March 15th, this is what I came up with so far

I will show them misaligned interior pieces, and tailgate molding.

Love the seats but wish they had more length on the front side. The heating part will cook you out.

Screen flickering problems but I love the size of the display

Wifi...I have the Hotspot activated but it keeps connecting me to no internet connection part of the wifi.

Alarm going off at all hours
On mine, it’s been the battery drain, had to have it towed to the dealer, the auto-express button on the drivers window goes up then drops back down 3-4”. Is a PIA to get shut. I think I now have the calibration steps to fix it, rust on the rear axle, not as bad as some, the screen flicker, deplorable running boards are much louder than previous gen. Love the truck, but these things need addressed.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I appreciate the initiative from Ford on this.

However, most of the feedback will probably be implemented for 2022 models, and not 2021s since we are already about three quarters through the production year.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Dude please slam them for the alarm going off at random hours and worst of all the motion sensors automatically turn back on after a few drives so it continues to happen. LOL
This random alarm thing sounds intense. My neighbours already hate me because of my bike so I could see this leading to some visits from my local police.
Someone mentioned how to turn it off with the zone lighting thing in anotherthread but if it turns itself back in after a couple of drives then I guess I’ll just have to keep checking it every time I drive it. Sucks to have a to-do checklist every time you leave your car but I’ve become accustomed to it after my first couple of years in a Ford.

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat
This isn't about the truck, per se, but I'd really like to be able to order a vehicle directly from the manufacturer, rather than being forced through a dealer. I know, I know--crappy state laws (in every state?!?!?!). But seriously, make this happen.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
On mine, it’s been the battery drain, had to have it towed to the dealer, the auto-express button on the drivers window goes up then drops back down 3-4”. Is a PIA to get shut. I think I now have the calibration steps to fix it, rust on the rear axle, not as bad as some, the screen flicker, deplorable running boards are much louder than previous gen. Love the truck, but these things need addressed.
I’ve seen a few other guys talking about getting towed to the dealer. Are you guys getting towed to the dealer you bought it from? And does the dealer pay for the tow?

Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
This random alarm thing sounds intense. My neighbours already hate me because of my bike so I could see this leading to some visits from my local police.
Someone mentioned how to turn it off with the zone lighting thing in anotherthread but if it turns itself back in after a couple of drives then I guess I’ll just have to keep checking it every time I drive it. Sucks to have a to-do checklist every time you leave your car but I’ve become accustomed to it after my first couple of years in a Ford.
It really is insane. It’s one thing for it to be going off and having it issues it’s a whole other issue that we have a button to disable the motion sensors but it defaults back to On every drive. It makes zero sense. I really hope it’s addressed soon by Ford with an update.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
It really is insane. It’s one thing for it to be going off and having it issues it’s a whole other issue that we have a button to disable the motion sensors but it defaults back to On every drive. It makes zero sense. I really hope it’s addressed soon by Ford with an update.
I’m really really really sorry to hear that. Sounds like something you’ll have to get used to doing manually, like the auto start/stop thing.
That’s really nuts bro but I just finished reading another guys’ post about his truck slowing itself down in a 65 zone because the truck for some reason thinks it’s in a 45 zone.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I’m really really really sorry to hear that. Sounds like something you’ll have to get used to doing manually, like the auto start/stop thing.
That’s really nuts bro but I just finished reading another guys’ post about his truck slowing itself down in a 65 zone because the truck for some reason thinks it’s in a 45 zone.
yeah I’m not doing that. I’m giving it another couple of weeks and if there isn’t a formal fix or resolution from Ford I’m going to start reaching out. Also if I have to I will buy that for scan thing if that gives me the option to permanently disable.

Just saw that as well! Luckily I don’t use cruise control often and if I do it’s on the freeway.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
There is a setting to change to the way cruise functions. Speed limit or set it as usual. He should just change the setting.

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
My truck is on order so don't have it yet, but here are a few concerns I have that others have mentioned.
- Auto Start on/off should be a permanent off option
- Bed View Camera should be an option to view at any speed. Looking in all 3 mirrors (rearview and side mirrors) or turning around to check status of cargo/tie downs in bed is vastly more dangerous than simply turning on a camera that at the worst is in your forward facing view.
- With the tech these trucks have it would be nice to have the option to upload our own photos for startup/turn-on infotainment and gauge cluster screens. A $200 Pioneer radio can do it, this truck should have that ability also
- Larger driver seat would be nice
- Better access to programming/flashing for upgrades such as ambient lighting/factory subwoofer/power fold mirrors/wireless phone charging .... for the lower trim levels that don't come equipped as such.
Sponsored