• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Some real-world data for consideration:

I live in the midwest, my wife drives a 2016 Tesla Model X P100D with ludicrous option. When tnew, it had 289 miles of range. After 150,000 miles and 6 years of driving, it now fully charges to 265 miles. That's 8% degradation in 6 years and 150,000 miles.

My wife doesn't baby the car, many times we've left it at 100% charging for several days at a time, and we just don't worry about it. Normally spends most of its time at 90% charge threshold.

As for range, spring for the largest range you can. If you don't live in sunny-land, on the worst winter days, expect to get only 60% of the range under very cold and windy conditions.

Across a wide range of Tesla cars that have been studied, the best estimate to use is between 1.5% and 2% per year, with degradation leveling off somewhat after the first few years.

So take your maximum local daily driving , account for ~10% degradation over the first 7ish years, and then if required figure the winter penalty. For the ER Lariat, that means worst case, about 170 miles from a full charge. That's absolutely plenty.

I can say that in 9 1/2 years of driving Tesla Model S (my car vs. my wife's), I've only needed local charging 2 times for mid-range baseball tournaments (~215 miles round trip with some heavy wind and occasional rain).
Sponsored

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
Does anyone know the drain rate of the f150 for sitting? Like how much battery would be lost sitting over the weekend?

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Does anyone know the drain rate of the f150 for sitting? Like how much battery would be lost sitting over the weekend?
Based on my personal experience with an EV, about the same amount of gas leakage you get over the weekend with an ICE vehicle.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The longest my Mach-E has sit undriven has been 2 weeks. The % charge did not change. I’ve heard others report numbers like 1% per month.

Sponsored

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
That's pretty good. My Model S wastes 2.5kwh per DAY, and that's without sentry mode or cabin overheat protection turned on.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
The F150L will have very minimal drain on weekends normally.

EV's can regulate the battery under temperature extremes. Tesla's used to use kind of a lot of power turned off and have fixed most of that. You have to remember that the cars today are 20 computer running. If the OEM wants you to get in a go then the computers need to be up to some extent. (that was Tesla's response)
Sponsored