First Name
Jerid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 157" ECOBOOST, 21 F150 RCSB 5.0,
Occupation
Electrician
Had a 2015 Lariat which had what I thought had amazing seats. Especially since I went to a 2017 XLT Sport after that. But now in the 2022 Platinum I kinda forgot all about the other ones. Wicked comfy. I do wish they would not have taken away the massage though. Rode in my buddies 2021 or 22 not sure which silverado high country just yesterday and my platinum seats are way better. At least according to my ass-o-meter.
Sponsored

Capecod

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 Max Tow
Occupation
retired
Is anyone else disappointed in their seats? I’ve been driving around in my Lariat for just over a week now and I find them not all that great. My wife’s limited Explorer has basically the same seats, just a bit smaller. I dislike them as well and find them uncomfortable on long drives.

Am I being too picky? I guess you need to option for a Platinum or Limited for good seats these days…

My previous 2011 F150 FX4 leather seats were amazing. Like sitting in a cushy leather recliner. Most comfortable seats ever. This is the best pic I have of them when I was selling the truck. I miss those seats!!

39157313-48CE-4C49-8D0C-AB65DDCC5CAD.jpeg
Yes, My 2009 XLT had wider and more comfortable seats than my new 2022 leather seats in the Lariat. I do like that the seats are heated. I liked the ride of the older F150. Not crazy about the 20 inch low profile tires. The Eco Boost 3.5 has more pulling power than the 5.4. I did not get a new truck warm and fuzzy feeling with this truck. Time needed for it to grow on me. Cab also seems smaller.

PeteCostanza

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 King Ranch Powerboost
I'm not in love my Lariat's seats other. The back is fine, overall shape is fine, but I feel like the seat cushion material could be way better. my '21 Ram Laramie seats were way better. One of the few things I liked better. LOL
I’ve got a 22 King Ranch and the seats are ok, not great. I had a 22 RAM Longhorn and they were the softest, nicest seats I’ve ever had in a vehicle.

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Is anyone else disappointed in their seats? I’ve been driving around in my Lariat for just over a week now and I find them not all that great. My wife’s limited Explorer has basically the same seats, just a bit smaller. I dislike them as well and find them uncomfortable on long drives.

Am I being too picky? I guess you need to option for a Platinum or Limited for good seats these days…

My previous 2011 F150 FX4 leather seats were amazing. Like sitting in a cushy leather recliner. Most comfortable seats ever. This is the best pic I have of them when I was selling the truck. I miss those seats!!

Love my 2022 Tremor (402A) Leather seats; looks and comfort. No issues so far!

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
My ONLY concern about the seats is that all movement is electric. I would prefer the fwd/aft motion was manual (the rest is fine to be electric). Reason: my wife and I frequently swap as drivers so I'm just concerned on the motors/gears handling lots of fwd/aft movement every week. Manual is also faster - lift the lever, use the legs, and BOOM, you're ready to go. Now, I press the button and listen to a concerning WHHHHIIIIRRRRR until the thing finally moves back far enough for me, lol

But compared to previous vehicles: the seats are SUPER comfortable! All perspective based on previous experience, I suppose.

Sponsored

bfc77usa

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost
I think the seats in my 2022 Lariat are the only thing I'm unhappy with after 3000 miles driven. I just can't get comfortable in them. For a few reasons.

The seat pan just seems narrow, and the way the bolstering and leather piping are designed, I feel like I'm falling of the left side of the seat at all times. If I try to reposition myself by shifting my butt slightly to the right, my back feels like it is not hitting the middle of the backrest. Also, the lower back of the backrest doesn't seem very comfortable either.

Another thing - the overall seating position is weird to me. This is my first truck, so maybe I'm just not used to trucks, but I'm average height (5'9"), and I have to have the steering wheel telescope to its maximum setting in order to be reachable. If I move my seat closer so that I don't have to have the steering wheel come out so far, my right knee his that little plastic trim piece that juts out from the center console/transmission tunnel.

Anyone else experiencing these things?
Yes. After 9k miles I'm still trying to find the perfect position in my 22 PB. I've discovered that if I get in and then slide as far to the right as possible it feels much better. In the normal position it feels like the seat cushion is not flat. I believe it is the message cushions but not sure. My 18 Lariat was more comfortable. The other reason I slide all the way to the right is that it does feel like I'm going to slide off the left side of the seat all the time.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
GregBc: if it makes you feel better, in my 09 Lariat I had the easy exit turned on. I was still working then so the driver’s seat drove fore and aft numerous times a day. It still worked fine when I traded it in on my Platinum. 245k miles worth.

MikeA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 150 Antimatter Platinum FX4

I had a 2016 XL a 2015 XLT 302A, and a 2018 Lariat and all of em hurt my butt and legs. Not comfortable to me at all. Then I had a 22 lariat that I traded back after 2 months for other reasons and those seats weren't much better. I have a Platinum on the way and I sure hope it has better seats.

capetownkg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, Lariat, PowerBoost, SuperCrew, 6.5’
I love the seats other then one gripe. I have a 22 PB lariat and just did a 17 hour day of driving last week. No back pain or leg pain what so ever. Only issue is the headrest not being a 4 way adjustable headrest.

I am in the process of fixing that.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
Are the Active Motion seats still on constraint?

Sponsored

Chease44

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat - Star White 3.5 Eco 157” WB
I have a ‘21 Lariat and the seats are way way more comfy than the ‘20 Lariat and ‘16 XLT I had before this one. Of course it’s very subjective but I find them to be very comfortable.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
My '20 Lariat seats caused me quite a bit of discomfort and lower back issues. Swapping to my '22, I've forgotten all about that and I believe it's all because of the seat improvement.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I really like my cloth seats in my XLT, but have never found leather to be as comfortable as good cloth. They are nicer than what was in my 2018 Silverado and my 2020 F150 XLT.

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
I had issues with a 21 King Ranch drivers seat. I've owned a couple more 150's since then, a 22 and now a 23. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the size of the 21 and newer F-150 seats feel much smaller than previous years. They just don't fit me well.

As seen in this thread, it's very subjective. Some love them, some don't. Count me in the don't camp. I test drove a couple of Ram's and their seats were far more comfortable (to me) than anything Ford makes at any level. I will continue to buy Ford because of my dealership, not because of the logo.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I had issues with a 21 King Ranch drivers seat. I've owned a couple more 150's since then, a 22 and now a 23. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the size of the 21 and newer F-150 seats feel much smaller than previous years. They just don't fit me well.

As seen in this thread, it's very subjective. Some love them, some don't. Count me in the don't camp. I test drove a couple of Ram's and their seats were far more comfortable (to me) than anything Ford makes at any level. I will continue to buy Ford because of my dealership, not because of the logo.
This says more about the benefits of a good dealership than it does about the seats. Glad you found a good one; they're hard to come by in north Jersey.
Sponsored