Sponsored

Ford going cheap on the seats

Stap9716

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 liconic silver lariat sport 5.0 157 wheelbase
I agree with all the seat complaints on the lariats I have 5k miles on mine and hate them
to narrow,no support and feel clapped out (6' 220lbs)

I still have a 2011 platinum with 160K and the seats are way more supportive and comfortable

Trying to see what I can replace the seats with in my $70k truck 😞
Sponsored

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
I agree with all the seat complaints on the lariats I have 5k miles on mine and hate them
to narrow,no support and feel clapped out (6' 220lbs)

I still have a 2011 platinum with 160K and the seats are way more supportive and comfortable

Trying to see what I can replace the seats with in my $70k truck 😞
Could not agree more. I’m 6’2” 210lbs and my ass hates these seats! Lumbar support is garbage too, feels like it’s stabbing me in the back.

Maybe I need a Platinum, would have to be a BAP because I don’t like chrome. But, I‘d have to swap the wheels and tailgate out…

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Could not agree more. I’m 6’2” 210lbs and my ass hates these seats! Lumbar support is garbage too, feels like it’s stabbing me in the back.

Maybe I need a Platinum, would have to be a BAP because I don’t like chrome. But, I‘d have to swap the wheels and tailgate out…
I’m 6’1” and 245 (pretty solid not much fat) and I find my lariat seats to be some of the most comfortable I have ever sat in.

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
Look at all the pictures on this thread. The seat base cushions tell the story. None of the new trucks overlap the plastic on the seat base. Older 150’s do and they weren’t bolstered to the extreme. This smaller width is exactly why most of us feel like our left leg isn’t constantly supported and feels as if it’s falling off of the seat. The seat bases are too narrow and aren’t long enough to provide support through the hamstring to the back of the knee.

Couple this with no room on the right side because of the console and it doesn’t allow much room for movement to achieve comfort.

As I said in an earlier post, this is all subjective. Some guys love the seats. I don’t. IMO, this is the weak spot of the truck. Ford screwed the pooch on the seats. Even for those that like the seats, what would it hurt if they were a little wider? I had to bump this back up because the seats drive me crazy!

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
I’m 6’1” and 245 (pretty solid not much fat) and I find my lariat seats to be some of the most comfortable I have ever sat in.
6'1" 220 lbs. here- I love the seats- even better than my wife's Audi Q7- and those are fantastic- but the F150's are slightly longer under the knee. Having said that- I am coming from a tiny Audi A3 as my daily driver- and those are fine- but much smaller- so maybe it's all relative.

Sponsored

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Look at all the pictures on this thread. The seat base cushions tell the story. None of the new trucks overlap the plastic on the seat base. Older 150’s do and they weren’t bolstered to the extreme. This smaller width is exactly why most of us feel like our left leg isn’t constantly supported and feels as if it’s falling off of the seat. The seat bases are too narrow and aren’t long enough to provide support through the hamstring to the back of the knee.

Couple this with no room on the right side because of the console and it doesn’t allow much room for movement to achieve comfort.

As I said in an earlier post, this is all subjective. Some guys love the seats. I don’t. IMO, this is the weak spot of the truck. Ford screwed the pooch on the seats. Even for those that like the seats, what would it hurt if they were a little wider? I had to bump this back up because the seats drive me crazy!
Spot on. Agree with everything you said. I'm starting to get used to the seats and trying not to focus on them...but it's hard to ignore.

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A SuperCab 3.5EB, Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
My 2006 F-150 FX4 with leather seats were WAY BETTER quality and more comfortable than my 2021 (10-way power cloth) seats. I realize they're not apples-to-apples comparison, but I did look at some Lariat trucks and do totally agree that Ford is skimping on seat quality overall.
Sponsored

Last edited: