Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
like door handles ? lol shit goes wrong no matter what . This looks like a pretty easy design to me. Again its not for everyone but if you need to get as close as you can to the bed , this is a great idea/along with the RAM. I think all 3 have a unique design and do something special. Good thing is these are all options
I don’t like it, but you’re right. It’s nice to have the options.

I tell my wife this all the time when referring to other women….I usually get slapped.
Sponsored

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
First thing that came to mind on the tailgate war.Billie Madison Academic Decathlon Competition… ?

Last edited:

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
As a 2019 Honda Ridgeline owner (selling that to make way for my 2022 F150) I'll readily admit I love and will miss the Ridgeline 2-way tailgate. But IMO it being one-piece and full-width has a lot to do with its utility, so both the optional RAM and the pictured (future?) Ford versions miss the mark for me.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Such a great idea. I love that Ford added a telephone on the tailgate. Seriously though, I do not like the idea and look of the 2nd door handle.

Also, not a fan of a flip over bumper step over the hitch. I can see that thing being a rattle point making all kinds of noise. Not to mention more of a pain to clean the bumper area.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
As a 2019 Honda Ridgeline owner (selling that to make way for my 2022 F150) I'll readily admit I love and will miss the Ridgeline 2-way tailgate. But IMO it being one-piece and full-width has a lot to do with its utility, so both the optional RAM and the pictured (future?) Ford versions miss the mark for me.
A big single door makes no sense on a full size truck that actually does work, pulls trailers, etc.

You can't drop the tailgate with trailers hooked up because the trailer jack is in the way. The Ram, opening in the middle will miss it. A full swinging tailgate will hit it or the front of a trailer if the jack is really short or the truck has a lift kit.

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Looks to me like the designers were like, we got no new idea's. Lets just take the GM tailgate + Ram tailgate, and combine that into a single Ford tailgate that has EVERYTHING!!!

I know I'm too old school for this crap, just give a standard tailgate for my truck please...
Seems to me there are only so many ways to make these army knives style tailgates. Those things must be bloody heavy.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Looks like another payload reduction.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Looks like another payload reduction.
No doubt about that. With some trucks it may not matter. But it sure matters with a Power Boost.

billiebob

First Name
billie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mostly Fords, Jeeps and Subarus
Occupation
Chimney Sweep
I'm thinking revive the Magic Gate name.

billiebob

First Name
billie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mostly Fords, Jeeps and Subarus
Occupation
Chimney Sweep
But with the 1960s Ford lightbulb better idea, the just added one hinge. Kinda trouble free and simple. This freaking multi piece tailgate contraption has how many bits and pieces??? Like if it gets bent will anyone be able to fix it?

Sponsored

HellcatTremorStang

First Name
Corrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 F150 Tremor. ‘21 Redeye Charger. ‘21 5.0L GT
Occupation
Business Owner
Gotta be real- I think GM nailed it with their tailgate. I’ve got it on my Denali and it makes putting the dirt bikes in super easy…yes it’s a city slicker truck and no it’s not necessary- but it makes for a hyper convenient time when loading bikes . Check this photo of two bikes loaded in with zero issue .

oh and by the way- I’m still trading the GM truck in on a Tremor- for many reasons(not here to troll) - but all
I’m saying is the tailgate was useful.

Ford F-150 Ford Files Patent For Multifunction Tailgate 2943B2D9-7526-478B-9558-9AE707F3DE1C

redduke916

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
RV technician
It's called the Ford Half-Ridgeline.
I loved my Ridgeline tailgate and was a sticking point on the Ford. The step is nice, but not the same. This is better than the Honda because it's a smaller door. I haul scuba tanks and having to reach across a tailgate is a hassle.

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Hope you aren't worried about payload, that looks heavy and it will require electric assistance to get it up and down.
I think I need electric assistance to get it up (not down so much)!

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
I loved my Ridgeline tailgate and was a sticking point on the Ford. The step is nice, but not the same. This is better than the Honda because it's a smaller door. I haul scuba tanks and having to reach across a tailgate is a hassle.
Hail fellow Aquanaut, from DEEPDOWN (see licence plate), and I agree 100% regarding the air tanks!