• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford F-150 Lightning realistic delivery dates

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
+1 for me on that too! Not everyone wants a black interior.
+2

I am so unhappy with the black interior and hot leather surfaces being in Southern California.

I prefer a light cloth color interior to avoid getting burned each time I sit in a car's hot seats...

My latest cars have had tan / oyster interiors with cloth seating surfaces and much happier!
Sponsored

DoomTrain

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Model S
Not exactly about delivery dates but my dealer called and told me that December is when they can send in orders for trucks. Not sure how accurate this information is, just passing it along.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Lot of younger crowd around here likes their vehicles in pearl white so maybe that is a regional thing for you. I do like the ice blue silver color also
Maybe they're just old at heart.

I knew my father was truly getting old when he replaced a beige Toyota with a white Corsica.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Not exactly about delivery dates but my dealer called and told me that December is when they can send in orders for trucks. Not sure how accurate this information is, just passing it along.
I just asked my dealer on that yesterday and they couldn't offer anything other than "This fall".

I am very eager to get in line to place my order - that will later need to be redone and converted to a MY 2023 order (and then likely converted to a MY2024 order....)

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
Sept 22 is the first day of fall - just sayin'

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
My 2016 F150 has a very similar wrap (done locally). I love it, but want to do something more subtle for the Lightning (and more futuristic). Not sure what though.

Oh..i like thatca lot. You'll have to tell me where...if you recommend in Albany area. I like that a lot.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Oh..i like thatca lot. You'll have to tell me where...if you recommend in Albany area. I like that a lot.
Thanks!

It was a private individual that does vinyl work on the side. Let me reach out and see if he is OK with me sharing his contact information

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Here is the back

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Thanks!

It was a private individual that does vinyl work on the side. Let me reach out and see if he is OK with me sharing his contact information
Cool. Yes that looks really sharp. You can PM me. Of course this would be upon delivery of the Lightning, so probably mid-late 2023. LOL

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I don't know why people are worrying about what a dealership says or doesn't say when it comes to placing an order. If you have an online reservation with Ford, then you will get an email directly from Ford about when you will be able to go online and place your order. You won't have to contact a dealership to make an order. This is how it worked for the mach-e and Bronco and how I imagine it will work for all Ford vehicles going forward.
Now, it is my understanding that the dealership still has to confirm the order so if you don't get some sort of email confirmation after your online order is placed you should probably call the dealer.
When the full details of pricing, options, and order dates is released by Ford, I can assure you that it will be available online here and other forums. Until there's confirmed official information from Ford corporate, I wouldn't trust anything an individual dealer says about order dates.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I don't know why people are worrying about what a dealership says or doesn't say when it comes to placing an order. If you have an online reservation with Ford, then you will get an email directly from Ford about when you will be able to go online and place your order. You won't have to contact a dealership to make an order. This is how it worked for the mach-e and Bronco and how I imagine it will work for all Ford vehicles going forward.
Now, it is my understanding that the dealership still has to confirm the order so if you don't get some sort of email confirmation after your online order is placed you should probably call the dealer.
When the full details of pricing, options, and order dates is released by Ford, I can assure you that it will be available online here and other forums. Until there's confirmed official information from Ford corporate, I wouldn't trust anything an individual dealer says about order dates.
This is not how it worked for Bronco, that you had to order through a dealer.

Edit: I will add that I agree that any information from dealers at this point is speculation on their part. Any real news will have references to communications directly from Ford.

Last edited:

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I think we are all just eager to get in and play with a build a price tool and grasping at straws to find out when we will be able to.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
i work for a large fleet managment company, we have tons of Lightning reservations but the demand for actual orders from fleet customers isn’t really there yet. I don’t expect there will be a heck of a lot of Pros made in year 1.
How do you feel about sneaking a Pro ER this way since the demand isn’t there yet? ?
Sponsored