• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford F-150 Lightning realistic delivery dates

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I believe the reason the margins are lower for the Pro and preventing retail sales is to sell multiples to fleet buyers. Lower margins but making up for it in volume.
Volume is volume regardless of who buys it. They expect to make up the difference by selling fleet services which an average Joe like me wouldn't be interested in. Once the software and infrastructure is up and running, it is free money rolling in from fleet sales which makes me wonder why the offered it to the rest of us to begin with. Then again at 15K 2022 target for all lightning trims, number of Pros they will sell is a drop in a bucket for a company that sells near a million F150s.
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
....I think they're going to try and limit the number of Pros they build, at least for retail buyers. They simply stand to make WAY more money on the other ones. There's maybe $3k worth of difference between XLT and Pro. Nowhere near the $13000 price difference. So, that's mostly profit, so they're going to do what they can to push people to the XLT and up (like no ER Pro) and maybe limiting the SR Pro to a certain percentage of trucks.

I guess we'll see and I hope I'm wrong, but this is a different animal than a normal F-150. They absolutely slashed the margin on the Pro, unlike any other version.

To be clear, I don't fault them for pushing people to the higher margin versions. I'm a shareholder because I believe in their EV plan and have for a while. BUT they've already blocked people from the ER Pro and I wouldn't be surprised if they do more to discourage or limit the SR Pro, too.
This is very plausible.
Pro models will be built for fleet / commercial customers who buy in volume; while retail customers will be pushed into the XLT and up models.

I am wondering if a pre-reserved customer will be able to custom build their truck or be stuck with whatever is incoming ?

I don't need or want the top line model - will be very happy with the XLT trim...

Does anyone from the Mach E know more about the initial rollout order process ??

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Does anyone from the Mach E know more about the initial rollout order process ??
When placing MME reservation, you selected the following:
  • Trim (Premium, Select, CA Rt 1)
  • Color
  • Battery size
  • Number of motors
Converting to an order was simple, since the only additional option was a set of rubber floor mats. The Lightning process will be different, since none of the selections have been made. That said, I think the number of configuration choices will be limited. I think that Ford is moving toward creating an illusion of custom orders, but really will have a limited number of permutations that have been preset before ordering begins.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
When placing MME reservation, you selected the following:
  • Trim (Premium, Select, CA Rt 1)
  • Color
  • Battery size
  • Number of motors
Converting to an order was simple, since the only additional option was a set of rubber floor mats. The Lightning process will be different, since none of the selections have been made. That said, I think the number of configuration choices will be limited. I think that Ford is moving toward creating an illusion of custom orders, but really will have a limited number of permutations that have been preset before ordering begins.
I see what you mean about the illusion of "custom orders" due to the fact that putting a true custom order may delay the production line or cost more due to individualization.

Agree that a certain limited pre-configured packages will become the norm like other car manufacturers. Like a Premium package or Luxury option all bundled.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
There are quite a few car manufactures that no longer have "custom" orders. It is pretty much just trim packages and then no other options available except for the colour.

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There are quite a few car manufactures that no longer have "custom" orders. It is pretty much just trim packages and then no other options available except for the colour.
With Ford, not much in the way of color either. If you order MME today, you can get red or one of the shades of gray. Pretty boring.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
With Ford, not much in the way of color either. If you order MME today, you can get red or one of the shades of gray. Pretty boring.
Yup. We ordered the wife a Mach-e GT just to get the cyber orange color.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I refuse to get white, black, silver, or any sort of grey. I'll be the last one holding out for a vehicle in an actual color and not a shade.

I think I would like to get my lightning in red, but I'm not sure I like the rapid red. It might be a bit too dark/burgundy for me. However, I haven't gotten a really good look at it in person. I THINK I saw a ranger in the color the other day but not 100% sure.

Tomf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Construction Operations
The MME colors are a joke but not much worse than the other ev options like the id3. At least the lightning will give a few more choices. I would have liked to see some green too but will probably go with a shade of blue

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I refuse to get white, black, silver, or any sort of grey. I'll be the last one holding out for a vehicle in an actual color and not a shade.
I think that black is for people who want their vehicle to look dirty a couple of hours after washing. White is for old people. I don't like all the silver/grays, with the caveat that the Ice Blue Silver Lightning appeals to me.
We ordered the wife a Mach-e GT just to get the cyber orange color.
If I hadn't been able to get grabber blue first edition, I probably would have gone with GT in cyber orange.
The MME colors are a joke but not much worse than the other ev options like the id3
Taycam has a ton of colors, I-Pace has a few, even Leaf and Bolt have choices than MME.

Sponsored

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
I think that black is for people who want their vehicle to look dirty a couple of hours after washing. White is for old people. I don't like all the silver/grays, with the caveat that the Ice Blue Silver Lightning appeals to me.

If I hadn't been able to get grabber blue first edition, I probably would have gone with GT in cyber orange.

Taycam has a ton of colors, I-Pace has a few, even Leaf and Bolt have choices than MME.
Lot of younger crowd around here likes their vehicles in pearl white so maybe that is a regional thing for you. I do like the ice blue silver color also

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Tomf

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Construction Operations

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
This is very plausible.
Pro models will be built for fleet / commercial customers who buy in volume; while retail customers will be pushed into the XLT and up models.

I am wondering if a pre-reserved customer will be able to custom build their truck or be stuck with whatever is incoming ?

I don't need or want the top line model - will be very happy with the XLT trim...

i work for a large fleet managment company, we have tons of Lightning reservations but the demand for actual orders from fleet customers isn’t really there yet. I don’t expect there will be a heck of a lot of Pros made in year 1.
Sponsored