• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford F-150 Lightning realistic delivery dates

Jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, 2019 Fusion Energi, 2016 Escape
You can't take this last year with COVID and the chip shortage disaster as a yardstick. I am betting on Ford to make good on getting the Lightning out in Spring/Summer 2022 to the first reservation holders.

I was an early Mach E holder, and while I did not get my car in 2020 like I thought I would when I ordered it, I DID get it by the end of February 2021 even WITH this mess.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
You can't take this last year with COVID and the chip shortage disaster as a yardstick. I am betting on Ford to make good on getting the Lightning out in Spring/Summer 2022 to the first reservation holders.

I was an early Mach E holder, and while I did not get my car in 2020 like I thought I would when I ordered it, I DID get it by the end of February 2021 even WITH this mess.
Similar. Mid-February delivery for mine. Ford had only promised the Mach E would be "Available Late 2020". A few were. Real deliveries started 2021 Q1.

I think this quote from Farley is telling:
“We have purposely protected our launches -- Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mach-E, F-150,” Farley said. “If we can switch a module over to one of those launch vehicles, we have. We’re very protective of the launches because they are so important for our business.”
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mustang-mach-e-production-now-exceeds-gas-models.6630/

Lightning will be treated as a launch.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I was May 21 and I'd expect the truck about this time next year.

A lot of colleges don't let Freshman have cars as the adjustment is hard enough without the distraction of being the "guy with the car". You could use your year to go delivery as an excuse to hold up on the car at school for the first year or "until the Lighting strikes". Give the kid time to adjust and see how he does and a nice reward the following summer getting the truck so he can "GET A JOB!".

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2020 LexusRX350; 2021 Mazda Miata
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Saw where as of 26 May, 70,000 Lightening trucks have been reserved. 44,500 of them happened within 2 days of the announcement. Mine was reserved on the 27th so I'm way up there.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Similar. Mid-February delivery for mine. Ford had only promised the Mach E would be "Available Late 2020". A few were. Real deliveries started 2021 Q1.

I think this quote from Farley is telling:
“We have purposely protected our launches -- Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mach-E, F-150,” Farley said. “If we can switch a module over to one of those launch vehicles, we have. We’re very protective of the launches because they are so important for our business.”
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mustang-mach-e-production-now-exceeds-gas-models.6630/

Lightning will be treated as a launch.
Ford has botched every single launch. The explorer. F150 mache bronco. Every one of them.

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Saw where as of 26 May, 70,000 Lightening trucks have been reserved. 44,500 of them happened within 2 days of the announcement. Mine was reserved on the 27th so I'm way up there.
doesn't dealer allotment still have something to do when people get theirs?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2020 LexusRX350; 2021 Mazda Miata
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Not sure how that will play on these since they are reserved by individuals direct to Ford. I would bet there will be a different set of guidelines here but do see region being included.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
Just like the Bronco, you are not in line with Ford directly, you are in line at your dealer. There are 3000 dealers so there are 3000 lines. Don’t sweat it and get all stressed out about it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Just like the Bronco, you are not in line with Ford directly, you are in line at your dealer. There are 3000 dealers so there are 3000 lines. Don’t sweat it and get all stressed out about it.
Yes and no. Because the truck will be tied to you, the dealer won't get to rearrange order schedules. If it is like the Mach E process, dealers can submit priorities but Ford will decide the build and ship schedules. Much of this will be completely out of the dealers' hands and is determined more by approximate order schedule, combined with lining up vehicles to optimize the line rate, then organized to make shipping efficient (full train cars to destinations). The dealers may know when the car/truck arrives at the nearest depot (if they're paying attention), and often don't even know the car/truck is arriving until the carrier shows up.

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I asked this question of a dealer and they said changing dealers would not affect your place in line nor would dealer allotment affect your place in line. Must be tracked outside of the dealer orders since these are reservations.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Right, I think Ford is building these based on Reservation number and then shipping them out to the dealer chosen. Seems to be a much different process than going to the dealer and putting in a custom order for an F150

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Right, I think Ford is building these based on Reservation number and then shipping them out to the dealer chosen. Seems to be a much different process than going to the dealer and putting in a custom order for an F150
Correct. This seems to be the same system as Ford used for the Mach E.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
I found some interesting codes within my Reservation Details anybody know what they might represent? E67, E75?

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I asked this question of a dealer and they said changing dealers would not affect your place in line nor would dealer allotment affect your place in line. Must be tracked outside of the dealer orders since these are reservations.
I think that is true only until the reservation is converted to an order. Once the order is in, the only way to change the dealer is to cancel the existing order and place a new one.
Sponsored