• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, Ford Mustang Mach-e
Battery's twice as big so I'm not surprised the extended range is twice the price.
For number's sake: We both paid an extra $5000 for 59 miles of predicted extra range on the mach-e (Premium with 211 EPA range AWD SR battery vs Premium with 270 EPA range AWD ER Battery) 68 kWh vs 88 kWh usable batteries, or an extra $250 per each additional kWh.

Bigger vehicle, far higher coefficient of drag (do we even want to know?), far bigger batteries even at SR, far heavier. Yeah, the price tag doesn't surprise me on the ER battery. Totally. Worth. It.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, Ford Mustang Mach-e
I'm actually really surprised that Ford did the shift lever at all. Given the whole "minimalist" trend with EVs, it's funny they didn't use their rotary dial like with the Mach-E. Me personally, I'm fine with either setup.
More "trucky" I suppose. As opposed to more Truckee. Which implies a need to visit the High Sierras.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
For number's sake: We both paid an extra $5000 for 59 miles of predicted extra range on the mach-e (Premium with 211 EPA range AWD SR battery vs Premium with 270 EPA range AWD ER Battery) 68 kWh vs 88 kWh usable batteries, or an extra $250 per each additional kWh.
That's one way to look at it. OTOH, you paid $2,700 to get 30 miles less range ;)

trackstar1319

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser
It looks to me like Ford decided to go with the center console and shifter to go along with the "techy" fleet vehicle model. They figure the Pro will be for work and many companies could use the fold down console for computers and work space. It makes perfect sense to me that they include this premium option as standard on the Pro. That along with the 12" center stack screen and digital display actually makes this truck decently optioned and a really strong competitor to a ICE model equivalent. This is looking like a really good deal in my opinion. I love my PB and still feel it's the way to go, but yea.... I'm surprised at the value this Pro trim offers.

TXLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
So, the big question is:

Can a retail customer buy the Pro *with the big battery*.

Engadget and "Alex on Autos" are reporting that only fleet buyers can get the Pro with the big battery, but that seems like a big omission from everyone else's reporting if it's true and not just a misunderstanding on their part.

Hopefully Ford will clarify.
Have you seen any clarification on this?

I am guessing this is true because Ford needs SOMETHING to really push people to XLT. This would accomplish that without pissing off the fleet buyers.

Sponsored

Mathmatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4 runner
The pro version will be 58000$ cdn I really wish they built customers version of the regular cab with 1 engine at 44999$ and a 2 engine version at 49999$ therefore we could have a 13000$ rebate from the gouvernement.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Have you seen any clarification on this?

I am guessing this is true because Ford needs SOMETHING to really push people to XLT. This would accomplish that without pissing off the fleet buyers.
Nope. I tweeted at the Ford VP who actively answers questions on Twitter and he didn't respond. Not that he HAS to respond to every Twitter question haha, but it was worth a shot.

If they don't let "retail" consumers buy the big battery Pro, I guess I'll go with the base battery Pro.

I'm not going to pay an extra ~$23,000 for the big battery (~$10k) and whatever the XLT has that I don't actually care about (~$13k).

The other option is to get the dealer to create a fleet account for me to sell me the big battery version. I've heard this is relatively common... at least for people who want other fleet-only options.

dingle87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150
Nope. I tweeted at the Ford VP who actively answers questions on Twitter and he didn't respond. Not that he HAS to respond to every Twitter question haha, but it was worth a shot.

If they don't let "retail" consumers buy the big battery Pro, I guess I'll go with the base battery Pro.

I'm not going to pay an extra ~$23,000 for the big battery (~$10k) and whatever the XLT has that I don't actually care about (~$13k).

The other option is to get the dealer to create a fleet account for me to sell me the big battery version. I've heard this is relatively common... at least for people who want other fleet-only options.
Good to know about some dealers working with customers to create a fleet account. I'm not sure the route I'll go, that'll depend on B&P and cost. I'd like the extended range and 80A home charging with the ability to backup power to my house. I don't anticipate this to be "cheap" in any scenario, so I'm leaving my options open to the most cost effective route while still getting some creature comforts for my family.

Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer

TXLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Where did you find the Pro color options? All I saw was the same colorizer as the main Lightning page.
Many of the colors are the same, but there are some you cannot get on the pro- Rapid Red for example.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Many of the colors are the same, but there are some you cannot get on the pro- Rapid Red for example.
I see. They seem to have all the free colors but not Rapid Red or Star White.