Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Via Autoblog

There will be a 2021 Ford F-150 Raptor, but details will have to wait
The redesigned F-150 will get its Raptor variant soon

June 26, 2020

Ford didn’t reveal it as part of its 2021 F-150 onslaught yesterday evening, but a 2021 Ford F-150 Raptor is on the way. Motor1 initially reported the news, but we confirmed with a Ford spokesperson. All we know for the time being is that more news will be coming soon, so put on your waiting caps.

“Yes, there will be a Raptor and we’ll have more details to share at a later date,” Ford told us.

That’s great news for anybody who wants the high-performance monster truck, as the wait for the new version clearly won’t be a long one. Details on the powertrain and additional features will all come another day, but it’ll surely outpace the current Raptor. Today's truck is equipped with a 3.5 liter twin-turbo V6 that makes 450 horsepower and 510 pound-feet of torque. We all know that Ram is about to set a new power standard with its Hellcat-powered TRX off-road pickup, and unless Ford shoves the Shelby GT500 motor into the F-150, it’s probably not going to win the horsepower war. That’s no demerit. FCA is just wild enough to put an engine with over 700 horsepower into a pickup.

Ford could theoretically get by with an even more potent tune of the current V6. All the special desert-running suspension equipment will likely be upgraded to be more capable, and it’ll also adopt new styling to match the updated truck’s look. For the full dive into what’s new for the 2021 F-150, check out our reveal post here, and if you’re interested in the new PowerBoost hybrid powertrain, we break that down in a separate post.

The Raptor has been a smash hit since it debuted in the previous-generation F-series. We’re all looking forward to dino time for the 2021 truck.
Sponsored

BOB L

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mustang GT, 2015 Wrangler
Awesome news. Was tired of seeing the Ram TRX teaser video getting all the attention in last couple of days.

I wonder if Ford held off on debuting the new Raptor last night because they didn't wanna get upstaged by the Ram TRX debuting soon.

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
If the dealer can get me the '20 that they already have in the system, get it configured the way I want it, I'm going to carry on and close that deal rather than wait to see what comes next. I've been waiting to see what comes next for too damn many years already.

Power Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Farmer
I'm thinking 3.5L hybrid w oodles of power, or 7.3L DI and SC to clearly say Ram: know your role.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Awesome news. Was tired of seeing the Ram TRX teaser video getting all the attention in last couple of days.

I wonder if Ford held off on debuting the new Raptor last night because they didn't wanna get upstaged by the Ram TRX debuting soon.
Just like previous versions, the Raptor will come a year or a bit less after the new F150 has hit the market.

I really doubt that Ford was concerned about being upstaged by RAM and the TRX because it’s obvious who’s trying to copy who.

The F150 is what’s most important.
Sponsored