First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
At some point they have to shut down to retool for the 2022s.

I suspect many of us will end up getting 2022 models.

...in 2323 ?
Wouldn't hurt my feelings if I somehow ended up with a 2022 just hope I don't have to wait til 2323 to get it. Not sure they'll even need to shutdown to retool for 2022, can't see them making any changes to the trucks that would actually require it. If they do I can't see it lasting any longer than 2 weeks and I think typical shutdown for retool is 4 to 8 weeks.
Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Bronco Spt BL , '21 Tremor Ordered

dickmorris

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma
Occupation
Tax Audit
I was told today I couldn't order a 2021 because they stopped build orders last week due to the retool for 2022s. The sales manger said they have a meeting this week on the 2022s and when building ordering will continue. He said they excepted vehicle front changes along with color combinations.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
I was told today I couldn't order a 2021 because they stopped build orders last week due to the retool for 2022s. The sales manger said they have a meeting this week on the 2022s and when building ordering will continue. He said they excepted vehicle front changes along with color combinations.
This does not seem right to me. I mean nothing is now "normal" but the 2022's, in a "normal" year would not start hitting the lots until the Sept / Oct timeframe. I've never heard of a retool in April. I could have ordered a 2020 as late as December. I believe the dealer is feeding you a line, why I don't know.

Dan Texas

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Hopefully this doesn’t mean that they think the backlog of orders they already have will take long enough to work through that it will run up to model changeover...

Sponsored

wayne

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum loaded, 2013 raptor
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT YOU WILL HAVE YOUR ORDERS CANCELED AND WILL BE PUT ON THE FIRST LIST FOR THE 2022 MODEL. THAT IS WHAT THEY DID WITH THE MID ENGINE CORVETTES AT GM. I ORDERED MY TRUCK ABOUT 12/20/2020. I HAVE A VIN BUT IT SHOWS NO BUILD DATE YET.

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
"I was told today I couldn't order a 2021 because they stopped build orders last week due to the retool for 2022s."
"This does not seem right to me. I mean nothing is now "normal" but the 2022's, in a "normal" year would not start hitting the lots until the Sept / Oct timeframe."

Both these statements sound true to me. Like Wayne, my original December order got a VIN 3 days ago. My build week, so the dealer tells me, begins May 24th. I expect delivery sometime in July. How many F150 orders might they have received between January and mid-April? Lots more, I'm thinking. If they just closed 2021 orders, it could well be "...the backlog of orders they already have will take long enough to work through that it will run up to model changeover."

Jack

jpmtz

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
I, too, am so glad for that little “not the F-150” blurb next to the Kansas City assembly plant.

Ordered 2/1 and not even a VIN yet. Hoping for some kind of news soon.
Hmm? I ordered mine March 29, and got my VIN# today and build week 5/17... (3.0 diesel)

jcarrico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I HAVE A VIN BUT IT SHOWS NO BUILD DATE YET.
I'm pretty sure if you have a VIN, you technically have a build date. Your salesperson should be able to look that up for you.
Sponsored