Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Ford had an impressive 3Q 2021 and Jim Farley also says rollout of BlueCruise pushed back to 1Q 2022.

Separately, Farley on Wednesday said Ford would delay an over-the-air rollout of its BlueCruise hands-free highway driving system from this year until the first quarter of next year. He said the delay is to simplify the technology, which is viewed as a new recurring revenue opportunity and a way for Ford to catch up with other systems from competitors such as GM and Tesla.

Ford F-150 Ford BlueCruise OTA Rollout Delayed Until Q1 2022 JDPA_Ford BlueCruise Ford F-150 Hands Free Drivin
Sponsored

Jackal

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I took delivery of my 2021 F150 Lariat 502A with the 360 active prep kit on 10/20/21. I was happy to see the Bluecruise software already loaded upon delivery.

I have 1500 miles with about 70% of those on the mapped highways in the software. I am very happy with Bluecruise function and performance thus far given its an initial version. While not perfect, in dealing with entry exit ramp sections, so far pretty happy with this feature knowing updates will further enhance functionality.

Overall super happy with the F150 and initial ownership experience, especially having come from F350/F450 from my last 3 pickups in 600K miles.

nearly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Well that's unfortunate. I'm definitely looking at electric trucks in the future and how Ford chooses to (or not to) support previous trucks with software updates is going to play a large part of my decision to stick with the brand. Just reading on this forum there's such a disparity in features available on these trucks it's crazy to me. If I walked up to a dealer and one truck had Bluecruise, could view the cameras above 6mph, and had the CarPlay in the instrument cluster update it'd make the other truck look worse.

Sponsored

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Robert, can you please offer some more info about how you're using a system Ford hasn't rolled out yet. Or is every October build with a prep package running around while using BC? I confess I'm behind the curve on this, except that I keep tapping my toe with impatience for 'my' BC OTA. Rolled out...but not rolled out? I'm confused. Others are welcome to fill me in, too

Jack

Reactions: LRK

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Robert, can you please offer some more info about how you're using a system Ford hasn't rolled out yet. Or is every October build with a prep package running around while using BC? I confess I'm behind the curve on this, except that I keep tapping my toe with impatience for 'my' BC OTA. Rolled out...but not rolled out? I'm confused. Others are welcome to fill me in, too

Jack
Trucks being shipped currently are coming with it already installed. The only thing delayed is the OTA. BC itself isn't delayed so essentially they're screwing the rest of us that have had our trucks and have been waiting. If you go buy a truck off the lot now you'd have more features than someone who bought say 4 or 5 months ago.

WestcampTX

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat F150, 2022 Lariat F150 (On Order)
Occupation
Farmer
I’m interested to see when they plan on adding more roads. If you live West of the Mississippi you are kinda SOL on coverage currently.

PappyG

First Name
Grady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat hybrid powerboost
Occupation
Senior Principal Cyber Systems Administrator
My truck was delivered a couple weeks ago with it already installed. I think you will get a notice through your Ford Pass app when you have it. It showed up in my App as available. I used it nervously for the first time this week on a 30 mile trip home on I74 and I4 in Florida. It perform pretty well over all.. I took over on the interchange and resumed it once I was I4 because I assumed it wouldn't make the transition. Traffic was moderate so I was paranoid.. lol

Sponsored

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Obviously, this is going to cause some significant frustration for early buyers. I took receipt of my 21 in March of 2021 and payed $1k for the prep package for no other reason but to get blue cruise. Ford even made me sign a piece of paper saying that I understood it wasn't currently available but would be coming in Q3 of 21. Now here we are in Q4 and they are pushing it another couple months. If Ford is listening...I paid extra for this functionality and I'm going to own my truck for roughly 1/3 of my planned ownership time and won't be able to use it. You BETTER NOT CHARGE ME for the OTA functionality and first 3 years of service! Perhaps you should also consider a non expiring and stackable $1k credit for future purchases or service.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 2018 Explorer Platinum
I just bought a 2021 F150 platinum power boost yesterday. The truck was delivered to the dealership last Saturday. It has the 360 active prep kit, but how do I know if it has blue cruise pre installed on it?

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
I just bought a 2021 F150 platinum power boost yesterday. The truck was delivered to the dealership last Saturday. It has the 360 active prep kit, but how do I know if it has blue cruise pre installed on it?
One way is through the FordPass app. Set up the FordPass app and add your truck to it. In the app, under Account (button at the bottom), Message Center, they send you a message titled “your BluesCruise feature is ready.”

Do you have “BlueCruise” on your window sticker?
Ford F-150 Ford BlueCruise OTA Rollout Delayed Until Q1 2022 3B5F3297-8F53-41E3-B078-7FC28E87392B

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
If it was just delivered to the dealer that recently it should definitely have it.
Sponsored