First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
One way is through the FordPass app. Set up the FordPass app and add your truck to it. In the app, under Account (button at the bottom), Message Center, they send you a message titled “your BluesCruise feature is ready.”

Do you have “BlueCruise” on your window sticker?
3B5F3297-8F53-41E3-B078-7FC28E87392B.jpeg
"auto start-stop removal" ... ?
Sponsored

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Trucks being shipped currently are coming with it already installed. The only thing delayed is the OTA. BC itself isn't delayed so essentially they're screwing the rest of us that have had our trucks and have been waiting. If you go buy a truck off the lot now you'd have more features than someone who bought say 4 or 5 months ago.
There's always going to be new features from time to time. I'd like to have known CCD was coming, but I wouldn't have waited for it, nor would I wait for BlueCruise.
What's galling is the OTA snafu ... BlueCruise is going into trucks and people have it on the road.
Ford could at least offer a dealer visit to install the software if OTA isn't working.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
"auto start-stop removal" ... ?
Weird, right? It clearly still auto start-stops switching between electric and ICE. Maybe it’s a redundant ICE stop when electric isn’t available.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Weird, right? It clearly still auto start-stops switching between electric and ICE. Maybe it’s a redundant ICE stop when electric isn’t available.
I was hoping you knew about that option … it's a new one to me.

Last edited:

LUV2FORD

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6'7" bed, loaded. 6" BDS Lift
Occupation
Engineer
I'm confused why Bluecruise is ready for new vehicles but not ready for OTA updates for vehicles a few months old. That makes no sense. If it is to simplify the system then again..... It shouldn't be in new vehicles.

Sponsored

Galavanta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I guess if you don't buy a premium brand you can't expect premium service.
In 40+ years of buying vehicles I have never been jerked around and lied to so much as I have from Ford, I can guarantee this will be my last Ford.

blentre

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Power Boost Limited
I installed my v2.0 BC months ago OTA (over the Amazon). It's a 2.5 lb wrist/ankle neoprene weight cut down the middle in half with one of my wife's hairbands on it. Works on 100% of roads with lines, does not get in the way of steering, only weighs 1.25 lbs, goes on easy and pulls off with just a quick tug. It's probably done 1k miles already.

Ford F-150 Ford BlueCruise OTA Rollout Delayed Until Q1 2022 IMG_0319

Bobgcc

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I installed my v2.0 BC months ago OTA (over the Amazon). It's a 2.5 lb wrist/ankle neoprene weight cut down the middle in half with one of my wife's hairbands on it. Works on 100% of roads with lines, does not get in the way of steering, only weighs 1.25 lbs, goes on easy and pulls off with just a quick tug. It's probably done 1k miles already.

IMG_0319.jpg
This is great!

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Well as far as I am concerned this is breach of contract and not happy about it at all... what next qtr. they will say oh sorry it is delayed yet again... After paying extra for it on on an already expensive truck this is not good for customers and certainly not good for Ford. Great going Ford keep pissing off your best customer and Ford will end up like Eastern Airlines...gone.

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
If you could do another version made from a beer coozie and lead shot then you could have Blue Cooze!

IMG_0319.jpg

Sponsored

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
I was wondering about this last week as I was driving 6.5 hours home. It would have been nice to try it out since 80% of the drive was I95 and I75.

I don't get it either why the dealerships can't do it.

Bobgcc

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Just got done with a chat session with Ford customer service. The rep told me that it won't be available as an update until the "second half of 2022". I asked her to verify that it was actually the second half and she did, telling me that was the most current information they have.

She said that she was sorry she couldn't help and then asked if there was any feedback that I wanted her to document........

islandboy47

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Lariat FX4
Just got done with a chat session with Ford customer service. The rep told me that it won't be available as an update until the "second half of 2022". I asked her to verify that it was actually the second half and she did, telling me that was the most current information they have.

She said that she was sorry she couldn't help and then asked if there was any feedback that I wanted her to document........
Wow that would be a HUGE delay and if this is the case would really piss me off. I love my truck but BlueCruise was a massive reason why I got the one that I did and spent way more money to get it...

Bobgcc

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Wow that would be a HUGE delay and if this is the case would really piss me off. I love my truck but BlueCruise was a massive reason why I got the one that I did and spent way more money to get it...
Likewise. If someone has the time to spare, please call or chat with them to see if the message is consistent. I am really hoping that my rep was just misinformed.

islandboy47

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Lariat FX4
Likewise. If someone has the time to spare, please call or chat with them to see if the message is consistent. I am really hoping that my rep was just misinformed.
I just chatted with Ford and pushed them to provide me with any kind of ETA and the rep refused to do so. Just kept stating that there is no ETA right now. I even "will it at least be in 2022?" and they couldn't comment on that either. Very frustrating.
Sponsored