Sponsored
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 2018 Explorer Platinum
One way is through the FordPass app. Set up the FordPass app and add your truck to it. In the app, under Account (button at the bottom), Message Center, they send you a message titled “your BluesCruise feature is ready.”

Do you have “BlueCruise” on your window sticker?
3B5F3297-8F53-41E3-B078-7FC28E87392B.jpeg
Yes I have Blue Cruise on the window sticker. My Ford Pass App isn’t showing anything yet. But my fuel gauge isn’t showing up there yet either. I just added it last night.
Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One way is through the FordPass app. Set up the FordPass app and add your truck to it. In the app, under Account (button at the bottom), Message Center, they send you a message titled “your BluesCruise feature is ready.”

Do you have “BlueCruise” on your window sticker?
3B5F3297-8F53-41E3-B078-7FC28E87392B.jpeg
Blend date was 10/06/2021
My window sticker:

Ford F-150 Ford BlueCruise OTA Rollout Delayed Until Q1 2022 9D201B33-DC56-4AF6-9B02-2F1B53A14D2C

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, everything just updated and my fuel gauge is showing and I have the message.

Ford F-150 Ford BlueCruise OTA Rollout Delayed Until Q1 2022 301DEAF1-09BA-4BB3-8F50-72A53CD7253E

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Hey Ford. Listen up. Not happy you fucked us. I bought the truck in March when you promised 3Q for the BC. I will be trading in for a 22 GMC and won’t be buying anymore of your junk.
We purchased our 21 Limited in March as well. The Ford dealer told me they cannot install BC it can only be installed OTA. Which I think is a bad decision.

I talked with the GMC dealer last week, I am #2 in line for the Sierra Denali Ultimate. From PowerBoost to Duramax.

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
There's a parallel discussion on all this over at the Mustang Mach-E forum, with much the same sentiments. (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ford-bluecruise-ota-rollout-delayed-until-q1-2022.10830/)

The view folks there have arrived at is that BC works just fine, and it's so far been praised by those with recent MME builds. The issue is apparently Ford's OTA software. So when Farley says they are extending the OTA delivery of BC in order to 'simplify' it, the general sense is that is mostly blowing smoke for the investor class. And consistent with this, those of us here have been whining about the unpredictability (or lack of uniformity) of F150 OTA software updates for trucks with similar build dates and trims.

Jack

Sponsored

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
Trying to figure out why they can't allow us to take it to dealership to get it installed. I've owned Teslas and delays have typically been for the actual software update, not the over-the-air transmission. Bluecruise is already functioning in a non-beta format on new builds, and since we should have the same hardware, why can't people who want the update and are willing to pay extra to go to service department to get it installed - I would gladly pay $1k or whatever it costs to not have to wait for another 3-6 months since I already paid over $70k for the truck. Ford could then update my VIN with the over-the-air department to confirm I've already received the update so it doesn't try to reinstall a few months later. Am I missing something?

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
After figuring out I have BC active I had to call my salesman bc he didn’t know. When did they start preloading it in trucks from the factory?

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Obviously, this is going to cause some significant frustration for early buyers. I took receipt of my 21 in March of 2021 and payed $1k for the prep package for no other reason but to get blue cruise. Ford even made me sign a piece of paper saying that I understood it wasn't currently available but would be coming in Q3 of 21. Now here we are in Q4 and they are pushing it another couple months. If Ford is listening...I paid extra for this functionality and I'm going to own my truck for roughly 1/3 of my planned ownership time and won't be able to use it. You BETTER NOT CHARGE ME for the OTA functionality and first 3 years of service! Perhaps you should also consider a non expiring and stackable $1k credit for future purchases or service.
It's like you literally read my mind! I bought my truck in March as well and this has been my issue with these delays. I only keep my trucks for 3 years so I better not have to pay a single dollar to receive my BlueCruise.

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
It's like you literally read my mind! I bought my truck in March as well and this has been my issue with these delays. I only keep my trucks for 3 years so I better not have to pay a single dollar to receive my BlueCruise.
I traded in my 2019 Limited for a 2021 for 1 main reason, Blue Cruise, I live in the Florida Keys and have a cabin in the Mountains of North Carolina, its a 16 hour drive with about 90% blue cruise recognized interstate.
I feel like I got a bait and switch, Ford has failed to live up to their own advertised deadlines.
I want what was promised when I bought my truck

Last edited:

NewtruckinFL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited
Occupation
Real Estate
Seems like we
I traded in my 2019 Limited for a 2021 for 1 main reason, Blue Cruise, I live in the Florida Keys and have a cabin in the Mountains of North Carolina, its a 16 hour drive with about 90% blue cruise recognized interstate.
I feel like I got a bait and switch, Ford has failed to live up to their own advertised deadlines.
I want what was promised when I bought my truck
I also purchased a Limited as my first Ford pickup for a similar reason and had planned on using it for long commutes. The concern is how long is it going to take to actually get this capability.

Sponsored

Ron in Oregon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 hybrid
Occupation
retired
All this furor over Blue Cruise, which, let’s be real, is a massive beta test for Ford. Look at how primitive CarPlay, FordPass, and the infotainment programming is. We have a Tesla and; the self driving feature is ,’not ready for prime time’. Engineers say fully safe self -driving is decades away. We don’t plan to buy it on our next Tesla. For 90% of driving it is simply adaptive cruise and lane keeping, which you have already.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Hey Ford. Listen up. Not happy you...won’t be buying anymore of your junk.
Sorry, but the Juggalos at FoMoCo JDGAF about your outrage. They know an equal amount of people will have problems with GM and Dodge and think that the grass is greener.

Ford F-150 Ford BlueCruise OTA Rollout Delayed Until Q1 2022 434B14CD-AD87-4AD8-B2F5-822667E81B40

All this furor over Blue Cruise...
I think many are pissed that they ordered and paid for theirs months before people who have it now that just picked their trucks up off the lot. Meanwhile, Ford keeps pushing the dates back.

It's like when you sit down and order at a restaurant, wait for 45 minutes, then all of a sudden the people who just sat down and ordered get their meal and you look over and it's exactly what you ordered! Anyone would be pissed.

Ron in Oregon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 hybrid
Occupation
retired
Ok, I'll go with the food analogy. it's more like waiting for a hot dog at the Costco food court; is it really worth 'getting pissed' that a few people got their dog before you? especially when it is a half- baked, rickety self-driving app that, at it's best, probably won't be trustworthy. Google 'deaths from self-driving vehicles'. This is what you blow up over not having yet? My, oh my.

Last edited:

b4hand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Carbonized Grey
Ok, I'll go with the food analogy. it's more like waiting for a hot dog at the Costco food court; is it really worth 'getting pissed' that a few people got their dog before you? especially when it is a half- baked, rickety self-driving app that, at it's best, probably won't be trustworthy. Google 'deaths from self-driving vehicles'. This is what you blow up over not having yet? My, oh my.
But it's not. It works pretty well and will only get better. People die every day from driving cars without self-driving capabilities, or in self-driving modes.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Before you start clutching your pearls because I referenced Insane Clown Posse and attached a hilarious photoshopped picture of the guy from Blues Clues giving the middle finger. I would like to make a few things clear:

• I am aware of the limitations on current self-driving cars, many problems are caused by Tesla's shitty decision to omit RADAR from their system and rely on visual spectrum cameras which can become faulty during certain high contrast situations caused by this thing called the Sun; which apparently, somehow isn't always in the ideal location for Tesla's cameras.

• I use Duckduckgo, I'm tired of having to weed through Google's paid search results.

• The decision on how shitty Ford's self-driving system is, really should be up to the customers and long term data, I can't really pass any judgements.

• That hot dog analogy was weirdly specific. Did you get a bad hot dog from Costco? I think that their hot dogs are boiled in water, which makes them next to impossible to mess up...Sabotage?

• I didn't get BlueCruise and I wouldn't have gotten it had it been available for my configuration, however I do have empathy for those people abandoned by Ford's promised updates and it must be truly frustrating. I felt that I would lighten the mood with a tongue-in-cheek post for those that are checking in to vent.

• Your argument is a third person Sour Grapes scenario, where you have tasted Tesla's grapes and deemed them sour: therefore all grapes must be sour. This is a false equivalence, just because Tesla hasn't provided you a satisfactory self-driving experience doesn't mean Ford can't. The idea that we shouldn't bother with something like self-driving until it reaches perfection is fallacious. for example, there's this form of transportation that is literally on rails, pretty much the best thing that self-driving could attain in the foreseeable future is to match that. Yet train accidents happen every day and hundreds are killed in train accidents every year. Should we abandon trains until we can make them safer?
Sponsored