First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Software Engineer
So BlueCruise has been removed from my account under connected services where you could go and check if the update was released. Now I can only find it in the help/about section and they updated it to say: https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...-software-updates-frequently-asked-questions/

When will Ford BlueCruise* be available?
BlueCruise is expected to be released during the first quarter of 2022 via a Ford Power-Up software update.

Once the software is available, you will receive an invitation from Ford through your vehicle's SYNC®** screen to activate your three-year subscription to the BlueCruise service.

Note: If you purchased BlueCruise, it will be preloaded at the factory. For vehicles that have already left the assembly plants, BlueCruise will be available through a software update at a later date.

Does this mean if you are already have a truck prior to factory preloading that the "first quarter of 2022" is not the same as "at a later date" in the last sentence. Also we have seen people are already using BC so it has already been released. Not sure who wrote this at Ford but, I wish they would have chosen a better way to relay this information. I will never buy anything on the promise of a feature being added later ever again.
Sponsored

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
So BlueCruise has been removed from my account under connected services where you could go and check if the update was released. Now I can only find it in the help/about section and they updated it to say: https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...-software-updates-frequently-asked-questions/

When will Ford BlueCruise* be available?
BlueCruise is expected to be released during the first quarter of 2022 via a Ford Power-Up software update.

Once the software is available, you will receive an invitation from Ford through your vehicle's SYNC®** screen to activate your three-year subscription to the BlueCruise service.

Note: If you purchased BlueCruise, it will be preloaded at the factory. For vehicles that have already left the assembly plants, BlueCruise will be available through a software update at a later date.

Does this mean if you are already have a truck prior to factory preloading that the "first quarter of 2022" is not the same as "at a later date" in the last sentence. Also we have seen people are already using BC so it has already been released. Not sure who wrote this at Ford but, I wish they would have chosen a better way to relay this information. I will never buy anything on the promise of a feature being added later ever again.
Agreed I now have owned my truck 1 year today and so far I paid $1,000 for nothing what a joke. I wish I had my money back instead. When is that class action lawsuit going to start...?

Jposey

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum FX4 V8 3.73
One way is through the FordPass app. Set up the FordPass app and add your truck to it. In the app, under Account (button at the bottom), Message Center, they send you a message titled “your BluesCruise feature is ready.”

Do you have “BlueCruise” on your window sticker?
3B5F3297-8F53-41E3-B078-7FC28E87392B.jpeg
Sorry, not to go off on a tangent but what is the auto start-stop removal? 2nd from the bottom.

I have the button above the center screen but from your sticker it almost makes it sound as if I wouldn’t have to press that button every time when I don’t want the auto start-stop.

Does your truck, by default, not have the auto start-stop turned on?

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Sorry, not to go off on a tangent but what is the auto start-stop removal? 2nd from the bottom.

I have the button above the center screen but from your sticker it almost makes it sound as if I wouldn’t have to press that button every time when I don’t want the auto start-stop.

It was probably removed to speed up the manufacturing process. Mine was removed, and the button above my screen is blank.

Jposey

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum FX4 V8 3.73
It was probably removed to speed up the manufacturing process. Mine was removed, and the button above my screen is blank.
Damn, I want that…of course I would probably have to pay extra for it since mine came with the auto start-stop.

Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L

Is this a power boost? I'm pretty sure they all say that because it doesn't apply with a hybrid.

My42waffles

First Name
Kegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 power boost 157, lightning reservation
Occupation
Maintenance
Is this a power boost? I'm pretty sure they all say that because it doesn't apply with a hybrid.
This is a new option for 22 that you can have start/stop turned off from the factory on the 5.0 2.7 and standard 3.5 and not have to push the button that’s no longer there.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)

Yeah, like @RedTXV said, there’s no auto start/stop button on my truck, and it doesn’t really mean a lot with it being a powerboost. It needs to stop the engine to go into electric mode.

Best I can figure, there was also an option to start/stop the engine at stops too, when it couldn’t go into electric mode, just like the non-powerboosts. They just removed that feature. As others have said, at the time, removing this option sped up time to build. I bought mine off a lot in October, so it was something the dealership chose.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Yeah, like @RedTXV said, there’s no auto start/stop button on my truck, and it doesn’t really mean a lot with it being a powerboost. It needs to stop the engine to go into electric mode.

Best I can figure, there was also an option to start/stop the engine at stops too, when it couldn’t go into electric mode, just like the non-powerboosts. They just removed that feature. As others have said, at the time, removing this option sped up time to build. I bought mine off a lot in October, so it was something the dealership chose.
My Powerboost was built a year ago, long before they offered that option. I have no button. The car controls stop/start automatically based on the needs of the hybrid.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
My Powerboost was built a year ago, long before they offered that option. I have no button. The car controls stop/start automatically based on the needs of the hybrid.
Fair enough. Then that line item for its removal is straight up meaningless. ?

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Powerboost hasn't ever had and not likely to ever have a button for autostop/start.
It's deleted, no doubt.

The Powerboost is the Poster Child of Autostart/Stop. It's in its DNA.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Powerboost hasn't ever had and not likely to ever have a button for autostop/start.
It's deleted, no doubt.

The Powerboost is the Poster Child of Autostart/Stop. It's in its DNA.
If someone DOES want to defeat it on a Powerboost because defeating it is in their DNA, they can use Sport or Tow/Haul.

I always loved auto start/stop on my ecoboost and was shocked coming to these truck forums to find out 99% of everyone wants to disable it.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sport Mode with a firm brake at a dead stop will still allow the ICE to stop running. I'm not sure about TowHaul.

However, Sport does defeat EV cruising, which irritates me to no end. The shifting strategy of Sport Mode is far better for my preference. I don't mean for driving aggressively, but rather just driving normal. It doesn't lug the motor and keeps the truck out of the LSPI zone, in my opinion. But then Ford takes the EV option off the table, so there's an unnecessary penalty for fuel mileage.

Last edited:

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Sport Mode with a firm brake at a dead stop will still allow the ICE to stop running. I'm not sure about TowHaul.

However, Sport does defeat EV cruising, which irritates me to no end. The shifting strategy of Sport Mode is far better for my preference. I don't mean for driving aggressively, but rather just driving normal. It doesn't lug the motor and keeps the truck out of the LSPI zone, in my opinion. But then Ford takes the EV option off the table, so there's an unnecessary penalty for fuel mileage.
Agreed. Based on your comments, and being in a cold climate with a steep quarter mile climb to start the drive out in the morning, I've taken to starting Sport then shifting to Eco when I'm on level terrain.

It would be useful to know which mode keeps the battery closest to 100% SoC … as ever, these decisions should be fully automated but have the manual controls for the driver to … drive.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agreed. Based on your comments, and being in a cold climate with a steep quarter mile climb to start the drive out in the morning, I've taken to starting Sport then shifting to Eco when I'm on level terrain.

It would be useful to know which mode keeps the battery closest to 100% SoC … as ever, these decisions should be fully automated but have the manual controls for the driver to … drive.
My daily drivers are 2 toys with standard transmissions. So since I AM the transmission control module, I shift when it feels/sounds appropriate. And those shift points change based on whether the engine is cold, warmed up, or at full operating temperature. But NEVER do I lug the motor, regardless of how casual I might be scooting along.

So similarly I imagine my Ecoboost/Powerboost to be a standard transmission truck. Would I shift as early as whatever strategy/mode the truck is choosing to? Would I cruise at the ratio the truck is cruising at?

It's based on that viewpoint that I prefer the shift points of the so-called "Sport" mode. And just as you describe, once I find myself at a steady state cruise situation, I might switch to another mode, but still usually find myself forcing the truck to cruise one ratio lower if the RPM's are too low.

Or put another way, would I be in that gear if I had that 3rd pedal?

Also keep in mind that I'm monitoring KR (knock), which is a real-time pid for timing on the truck. If I see the truck pulling timing, I KNOW the cruise rpms are too low. I drop one gear and the truck immediately stops pulling timing, which means it is not sensing knock.

Amazing trucks! Amazing motor and engine management. But a bit too aggressive in regards to Ford's CAFE numbers. They have their interest, I have mine. They care about the first 60,000 miles. I care about the second 60,000.
Sponsored

Last edited: