Ford Accessories has poor customer service

OP
OP

F150craycray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
Interesting range of experiences in this thread. I echo the original poster. Ordered a bedliner and tailgate protector on Jun 12, and, since I wanted it dealer-installed, was forced to schedule an installation appointment via the Ford Accessories web site. I selected Jun 20. Jun 20 rolled around and it occurred to me I hadn't received shipping confirmation, so I called the dealer, they had no record of an appointment. Figured I'd give it a couple of days. Called, the very friendly lady at Accessories said "my system doesn't show me if it's been shipped or not, but it probably has been." ?! More time passes, then I stumble across this thread and think "hmmm." So I call today (Jun 23) and ask again. Different person still can't give me an ETA or tell me if it's shipped, if it's on back-order, or anything. She suggests I call the dealership to see if they can see where it is. I said, "Wait: my dealer parts counter guy said Ford Accessories and his operation are totally separate, he has nothing to do with you and Ford Accessories, but he should have view into YOUR ordering system?"

So, I say (confidently) "Cancel my order." Oh, she can't cancel the order, either. "My system doesn't allow that, you can cancel only within 30min of placing the order."

Just got off the phone with my credit card company, they've issued provisional chargebacks. (The Accessories rep also told me they don't charge the credit card until shipment, they charged my card the day I placed the order.)

I'm the original poster, I'm still waiting, ordered in March, no updates, numerous calls & they refused to give me a refund. Now June 23rd almost 4 months..
Sponsored

flasch192

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 1993 Mustang Cobra
Occupation
Engine Assembly Tech
Ill third or fourth that ! took over a month to get mud flaps and hood deflecter ! could have had it from the dealer in 2 days !!!!!! DONT DO IT !

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)
Circling back on my previous comments, and adding some new ones. First issue was ordering floor mats in December of 2021 and in February of this year, demanding a refund. I thought the dealership had issued the refund. This morning I discovered they had not (shame on me for not verifying they had in fact done as they had told me). So here I am, nine months later, having to call the dealership the mats were supposed to be shipped to and trying to get my refund.

New issue: I ordered the Kicker subwoofer through Ford Accessories and had it shipped to a different dealership, and paid for the installation. Part arrives at dealership and when I call the service department to verify my installation appointment date/time, NOPE...the service department doesn't know how to do that install.

Ford Accessories tells me that the dealership the parts were shipped to has to issue the refund. So now here I am hounding a second Ford dealership for a refund.

I'm out over a grand at this point. And MIGHTY displeased about it. My wife's family is a Ford family. Her grandfather was a senior engineer for decades. They only buy/drive Fords. I was looking at buying my wife a Bronco for her birthday. I am now very seriously reconsidering that.

JimmyKumbaya

First Name
JimBob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XL (STX)
I'll do the same: I'm the one who ordered the drop-in Ford Accessories bedliner. After Discover issued the chargeback, I got a cheerful confirmation email from FA that my liner had been delivered and installed by my dealer (I wonder if I was satisfied with the installation?). Needless to say, no. I ended up buying a third-party bedliner in the Florida panhandle on a recent trip (there's a dearth of drop-in bedliner installers in mid-Florida, for some reason).

Which is fine by me. I've since looked at a genuine Ford bedliner: I'd've thought that the 'genuine' Ford bedliner would fit better than a third-party one. Not so much: the one I bought was about half the price, looks as nice (minus the Ford logo), and works well.
Sponsored