Sponsored

Ford…..another disappointment!!

DesertRat180

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ Ford F-150
Ok, so I’m venting..

This all started in May of last year, I ordered my new 21’ through my dealer with an approximate delivery date of around 10 weeks… (we all know the supply chain issues)

Fast forward, Oct. 21 converted to a 22’ model and the waiting game continued…

Got an email from both Ford and my dealer, I had a production date week of March 28…

Let’s just say, today April 7 and truck isn’t built yet…

And yet another email from Ford, which I attached…. Just more BS IMOP!!

Ford F-150 Ford…..another disappointment!! 7250FB5D-C164-40B0-A268-7A73D0025218
Sponsored

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
Not saying its right or acceptable but... platinum trim. They seem to have a super struggle with those. Saw it advised elsewhere to move into a limited but I'm not sure how much that helped or if it even did. At this point it could even set you back more so damn I don't know.

OP
OP

DesertRat180

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ Ford F-150
Thought about that, spoke with my dealer…it doesn’t come with the V8. So here I sit, in Ford induced limbo!! And I hear what your saying about the Platinum, but then I see Platinums in other parts of the country (without a V8 and predominantly a SB).

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Not joining the pity party. Y'all don't think Ford is delaying production on purpose.

I wanted to swap trucks because I had issues with this one last year. But, I know there's no way of knowing when an order will get built. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed mine has been fixed and will stay dependable. The dealership I bought my 2021 from had ZERO F150's on the ground a couple of weeks ago.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
. The dealership I bought my 2021 from had ZERO F150's on the ground a couple of weeks ago.
Right now at my selling dealer for an oil change.
3 pickups out front and one used parked in a stall
About 8 acres used to be filled with f150, expedition, explorer and mustang is now jus an empty lot

Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I've seen zero F-150s in unloading yard in the last few weeks. Only a few super duty work trucks and a few F-250s and 350s. In Houston.

mlkrouse

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 King Ranch
Occupation
Sales
It's a full-on MESS, Ford tracking, and updates or beyond awful. I can buy a 5.00 part and track it all the way to my doorstep from around the world. We buy a 70K truck and no one has any idea. absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!! 9 months many of us have been waiting for a truck. Mine was built in early March shipped according to Ford and expected on March 31st. Then on April 2nd, I got this lovely EMAIL from Ford. What in the heck does For your complete satisfaction mean? No one can tell me where my truck is or even if it's really built. Can anyone in this forum help or is Ford even monitoring this page. This is not how you treat customers.

"
THE ESTIMATED ARRIVAL DATE OF YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN UPDATED.
Dear ,

To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2022 F-150 King Ranch® is delivered to Sheehy Ford of Richmond. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of March 25, 2022, and March 31, 2022, has been updated to between April 12, 2022, and April 18, 2022.

Your dealer will contact you to arrange the delivery and pickup details regarding your new vehicle.

Thank you.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
My dealer got some in not long ago (by some I mean maybe 5).... but it appears he can't keep them in stock. I'm sure he even sold my traded in '17 as soon as he got it. I should have sold it myself, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle. I haven't even seen an F250 on his lot recently.

When I was there earlier this week getting the truck, he had some used trucks of various makes/models/years, but that was it. They used to have a big section for "new" cars (relatively speaking...small town), and a small area for used. That has now swapped. I have not seen him have more than 5-10 new cars at any given time and the 10 is being super generous.

I mean they have almost nothing. We lucked out that I got the F150 and we lucked out that the day we signed for that, they had an explorer which my wife snagged up right away.

Even the $80k Timberline Excursion didn't last long (that thing was sweet, but wife didn't want to spend twice as much on it than that explorer cost). Bet your butt we test drove it though... so nice :)

*note: it's not surprising that he sells cars fast. All his cars are priced below sticker if not below invoice

jflottawa

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Director, Software Development
We buy a 70K truck and no one has any idea. absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

Not discounting your pain or your opinion, but comparing a single-part shipment tracking to a multi-thousand part assembly in an era of shortage with a new-to-them every order is a custom order - just isn't fair.

I'll probably feel your pain when I've been waiting 8 months, I'm only on month 1 now ;)

Still, car manufacturers didn't design their systems for responding to tens of thousands of custom orders.

Severdog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport PB SuperCrew 6.5' 7.2Kw
Occupation
Trader
No one can tell me where my truck is or even if it's really built. Can anyone in this forum help or is Ford even monitoring this page. This is not how you treat customers.
Michael, I would start with Ford Chat off of the "Support and Service" tab of their tracking site. You will need to input name and VIN. From there, they SHOULD be able to tell you where your truck is unless it's already on rail. Hopefully it's out of Dearborn and on some ramp in New Boston, MI.

The next thing you'll need is a railcar number, which your dealer SHOULD provide you with upon request via a VVR (vehicle visibility report). From there, you can track the location of the railcar through a couple of rail tracking phone systems that we use. Sometimes I've gotten a really good chat member that even knows my railcar number, but most do not dig too far.

Hope that gets you started.

Sponsored

bgator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
I got a similar though not identical email about 10 days after my build date. It said that my truck was built but that Ford was performing some final inspections.

Ford sent another email three days later saying my truck had shipped.

OP
OP

DesertRat180

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ Ford F-150
Ok, so as of last night….I received an email from Ford that my build is delayed because of some BS mumbo jumbo…

This morning, I got another email saying that my truck was ready for shipment…

I contacted my dealer, who checked and said my truck was already loaded on the rail as of Wednesday and more than likely headed this way…

WTH is with this shitty system that Ford developed to make this more transparent (according to my dealer, which by the way he said “Sucks”!) for the customer….And it doesn’t work!!!

Dealer said truck should be here somewhere around end of the month…..we’ll see!!

Scoop

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SuperCrew Platinum 5.0 4x4 6.5'
Ok, so as of last night….I received an email from Ford that my build is delayed because of some BS mumbo jumbo…

This morning, I got another email saying that my truck was ready for shipment…

I contacted my dealer, who checked and said my truck was already loaded on the rail as of Wednesday and more than likely headed this way…

WTH is with this shitty system that Ford developed to make this more transparent (according to my dealer, which by the way he said “Sucks”!) for the customer….And it doesn’t work!!!

Dealer said truck should be here somewhere around end of the month…..we’ll see!!
Would you complain if we hung you with a BRAND NEW rope? LOL!

We're just getting over a global pandemic and are dealing with significant and long-lasting supply chain issues because of it.

Don't worry ... it will get here! :)

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Received the same email. Yea it sucks, as my truck has been sitting on chip hold for a couple of weeks now, but me getting all mad about it doesn’t help it get here any faster.
Way I figure it, I was able to order exactly what I wanted, I’m getting 2% under invoice and all I’m having to do is wait.
Hell they were even kind enough to email me an ECO for $2500.

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A truck, SUV. another SUV, and a sedan
Yeah, their stock is definitely suffering as a result and got downgraded recently.

Hoping Farley makes some drastic moves to get these trucks out to customers ASAP
Sponsored