Sponsored
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Supercrew Platinum
Full article: https://www.wsj.com/articles/fords-...lue-oval-badges-11663944141?mod=hp_lead_pos10

"Ford Motor Co. has delayed deliveries of certain vehicles because it didn’t have the blue oval badges that go on them, in another example of how supply-chain challenges have hit auto makers.

The car company has run into supply constraints with the brand-name badges and the nameplates that specify the model, according to people familiar with the matter. Both parts are affixed to the vehicle’s exterior and are important identifiers for the auto maker’s products. A company spokesman confirmed it has held some vehicle shipments because of a lack of badges.

The shortage is impacting Ford’s popular F-Series pickup trucks, the people said.

Ford executives had considered some workarounds, such as 3-D printing the insignia until the permanent ones could be obtained, some of the people said. But they didn’t feel the printed substitutions would meet the bar on quality, these people said.

The Ford spokesman said the company is building and shipping trucks with the blue oval badges and is retrofitting those built without a Ford logo and delivering them to dealers. The company declined to comment on the 3-D printing proposal.

Ford on Monday said it expects to have about 40,000 to 45,000 vehicles in inventory at the end of the third quarter that couldn’t be shipped to dealers because they were awaiting needed parts. Many of these vehicles are high-margin trucks and SUVs and the shortages primarily involved parts other than semiconductors, the company said.

Ford declined to comment on whether the difficulties getting badges contributed to that shortfall.

A Michigan-based supplier that has made badges for Ford in the past had to limit operations in August, after disclosing to Michigan regulators it had discharged industrial chemicals into a local sewer system, according to city and state officials. The supplier, Tribar Technologies, Inc., specializes in decorative exterior trim for automotive, including making badges and lettering for vehicles. The company’s website shows it has made the insignia for Ford models previously, including the 2021 F-150 pickup truck.

Tribar confirmed it is a current supplier to Ford, declining to comment further on its client. The supplier said its facilities are now operating at full production and the incident isn’t impacting operations. In regards to the discharge, Tribar said its filtration system and a city wastewater treatment plant appear to have captured the chemicals before there was any material environmental impact on a local river.

Ford declined to comment on whether Tribar’s limited operations were connected to the auto maker’s name-badge shortage. The global auto industry has been wrestling with various supply-chain disruptions for more than a year, but most of the shortages have revolved around a lack of semiconductors.

Ford’s trouble getting nameplates and badges illustrates that even the most basic parts can be hard to come by, resulting in constraints that can have larger repercussions on a company’s ability to fulfill vehicle orders."
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
amazon has literally thousands :eek:

Sponsored

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011and 2022 Camry 2023 Ford F150 Platinum Ordered
Occupation
Retired Navy
I like it, (y):ROFLMAO:

Beercity

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 701a F150 | 20 Escape hybrid | 13 Escape
Occupation
Dude Named Ben
Hey Ford, I'll take some black appearance package badges, was thinking of swapping out anyways.
Based on modules, I'm missing like 5 different parts/modules on my 701a stuck in production for going on 2 months.

Sponsored

Nola3838

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sequoia, Rav4
Occupation
Beverage Rep.
Careful there Paul. This is a truck forum. We are not supposed to point out the %@#%!e that are !@$%*+g up the country.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I hate Biden's America!
Careful there Paul. This is a truck forum. We are not supposed to point out the %@#%!e that are !@$%*+g up the country.
Honestly I would rather have a place to come and talk about these trucks and not have to deal with political discussions. Save that shit for facebook.

I can tell you we don't all agree on politics, but we'll all (well mostly) agree on our appreciation of these trucks.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
One thing I have REALLY enjoyed about my approximately one month on this forum is that I never saw anything political, until this thread.

It was already said, but let's please not put this type of stuff in these threads.
Sponsored