First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
1. Roof or Bed or both? Bed for me attached to RetraxPro XR tonneau cover t-slot rail
2. Which one are you planning? I’m going with Yakima Skyline towers and Yakima HD bar
3. What size are you planning? I’m undecided between Yakima HD 68 and 78 inch
Sponsored

Last edited:

Norris McCarty

First Name
Norris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat 4x4 PB 7.2k FX4 17”Raptor Beadlocks
Occupation
Own a RV dealership
Interested in the same......following

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
Here's my setup: Adarac Contour with the Gator HR1 tonneau cover.

Ford F-150 For those planning a rack... Adarac Contour bed rack + Gator HR1 tonneau cover installed on 2021 F-150 c

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Based on some research, if you’re going to do the Yakima HD bars, they have to be the 78 inch on a full size truck.

jtquint

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost - Smoked Quartz
I have the Retrax Pro XR on order. I am going with the Yakima Overhaul HD and 68" bars.

Sponsored

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I have the Retrax Pro XR on order. I am going with the Yakima Overhaul HD and 68" bars.
Yea you can do that since that rack narrows towards the top. I’m planning to get those towers as well for different applications but I also plan to use them right on top of the Retrax Pro with slim skyline towers and for that you need the 78s. So I’m planning 78s for max flexibility.

Here’s a video that shows you what that width looks like on an F150:

jtquint

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost - Smoked Quartz
Yea you can do that since that rack narrows towards the top. I’m planning to get those towers as well for different applications but I also plan to use them right on top of the Retrax Pro with slim skyline towers and for that you need the 78s. So I’m planning 78s for max flexibility.

Got it. Thanks for the vid link!

desertlivin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3, 2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Network Architect
I am planning on both roof and bed. For the roof I purchased the following:
  • Thule WingBar EvoEvo load bars 60 in
  • Thule Evo Clamp foot pack
  • Thule Evo Clamp fit kit 145177
  • Thule Compass 4in1 Kayak rack
I haven't ordered the bed cover yet, because I haven't taken delivery of the truck. However, I am planning to go with the RetraxPRO as well. I haven't 100% decided on the kit yet, but planning on mountain bikes and possibly a basket, leaning towards Thule.

wmuav8tor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Airline Pilot
I'm still waiting for my truck to be built, but I already ordered the "Thule TracRac TracONE rack". https://www.etrailer.com/Ladder_Racks/Thule/TH27000XTB.html

Mainly using it for my kayak's so that when I'm towing my travel trailer the boats don't get in the way.

I already have a rack on my current truck but it is old and rusty. It also requires mounting with self tapping screws. I don't really want to go drilling into my brand new truck ;)

Sponsored

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
I'm still waiting for my truck to be built, but I already ordered the "Thule TracRac TracONE rack". https://www.etrailer.com/Ladder_Racks/Thule/TH27000XTB.html

Mainly using it for my kayak's so that when I'm towing my travel trailer the boats don't get in the way.

I already have a rack on my current truck but it is old and rusty. It also requires mounting with self tapping screws. I don't really want to go drilling into my brand new truck ;)
Those look like thye would interfere with a tonneau cover. I want racks that would allow the tonneau to close & open. I am looking at the LEER HF650M since it is a 4 panel unit, making the panel height when folded up shorter.

wmuav8tor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Those look like thye would interfere with a tonneau cover. I want racks that would allow the tonneau to close & open. I am looking at the LEER HF650M since it is a 4 panel unit, making the panel height when folded up shorter.
They 100 would interfere with a tonneau cover, but I don't plan on ever installing one myself so its not an issue for me.

BryanDennison

First Name
BRyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Systems Engineer

Did you end up getting the 78" hd bars? I'd love to see some pictures if so. I'm looking at these bars currently and can't decide if I want that length or to go with a different brand and shorter lenght.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Did you end up getting the 78" hd bars? I'd love to see some pictures if so. I'm looking at these bars currently and can't decide if I want that length or to go with a different brand and shorter lenght.
I went with the 78s and just used them for camping a couple of weeks ago (holding a basket on top of truck bed which has a retrax Pro XR tonneau cover).
Ford F-150 For those planning a rack... B9899E06-1FFE-41C0-8802-DED628D0AA9E

Ford F-150 For those planning a rack... 2A14E905-2370-4127-8EFE-FAAD44B010E0

They’re wider than the bed but not wider than the vehicle.

BryanDennison

First Name
BRyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I went with the 78s and just used them for camping a couple of weeks ago (holding a basket on top of truck bed which has a retrax Pro XR tonneau cover).
B9899E06-1FFE-41C0-8802-DED628D0AA9E.jpeg

2A14E905-2370-4127-8EFE-FAAD44B010E0.jpeg

They’re wider than the bed but not wider than the vehicle.
Thanks for the pictures that setup looks great! I was worried they would look too long on there but looks pretty good to me at those angles from what I can tell. Does the lock on the retrax clear the rails when you slide the cover forward?
Sponsored