First Name
Melinda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Entrepreneur
How many other women are choosing an F-150 as their next vehicle? I am passing my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee to my mother when my new truck comes in. We currently tow our 19 foot Airstream with my husband’s 2014 Tundra, but there are many times I want to go camping and he isn’t available. I want to feel the wind on my aluminum and tow on my own! Have joined some women’s groups that support gal’s who do the towing, like the ‘Solo Streaming Sisters’.

Would love to hear from others out there - why did you choose the F-150 and what are your goals with it?

I want to get into overlanding with the Powerboost I have on order with the 7.2 kW Pro Power. Oh the places we will go!!

Ford F-150 For the LADIES! EF73662F-B96D-4707-8186-68B64D143C0B
Sponsored

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
I took delivery almost 2 weeks ago on my Platinum Ecoboost. I run dogs in hunt tests all over the southeast and wanted a dog box (see below for an example) because it is so much easier transporting dogs and all of the gear. I also wanted to not worry about the low front end of my 16 Suburban while I am driving through fields to get to my test locations.
Ford F-150 For the LADIES! DSC_1222.JPG

I ordered my new dog box 2 days after I ordered my truck. I will be lucky to get the box by June but more likely July.

OP
OP

Fathardtail

First Name
Melinda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I took delivery almost 2 weeks ago on my Platinum Ecoboost. I run dogs in hunt tests all over the southeast and wanted a dog box (see below for an example) because it is so much easier transporting dogs and all of the gear. I also wanted to not worry about the low front end of my 16 Suburban while I am driving through fields to get to my test locations.
DSC_1222.JPG

I ordered my new dog box 2 days after I ordered my truck. I will be lucky to get the box by June but more likely July.
I’m planning my truck around dogs too. Who is making your box? I’ve been debating whether to put a topper on the new truck (RSI Smartcap), or to put a crate system in the back. I had been looking at this one:
https://dtboxes.co.uk/products/dt-box-dog-car-crate-dt-1000-pick-up-kit

Ford F-150 For the LADIES! BFFB7033-B321-4F22-976B-488ACC9DF931

Ford F-150 For the LADIES! EFC3B007-0F5E-4398-93FB-92B744033868

Sponsored

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m planning my truck around dogs too. Who is making your box? I’ve been debating whether to put a topper on the new truck (RSI Smartcap), or to put a crate system in the back. I had been looking at this one:
https://dtboxes.co.uk/products/dt-box-dog-car-crate-dt-1000-pick-up-kit

BFFB7033-B321-4F22-976B-488ACC9DF931.jpeg

EFC3B007-0F5E-4398-93FB-92B744033868.jpeg
Mountaintop Custom Kennels is making mine. They are in Virginia. The other popular one is Ainley out of Iowa. I had crates in the back of my Suburban. Had to use vent locks to provide air circulation so this is going to be so much better.

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
DSC_1222.JPG

Won't the dogs get hot in there or is the kennel air conditioned in some way. The pic looks like a metal hot box. BTW I love hunting dogs

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Won't the dogs get hot in there or is the kennel air conditioned in some way. The pic looks like a metal hot box. BTW I love hunting dogs
They are insulated. On a hot day (90+), the inside is about 78. There are fans that can run as well and those slats open up plus there are more slats on the side. There are also bars on the insides so the air flows around between the 3 boxes. These boxes are very similar to what animal control uses.

charmincarman

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 3.5L XLT
Occupation
Marketing
Mountaintop Custom Kennels is making mine. They are in Virginia. The other popular one is Ainley out of Iowa. I had crates in the back of my Suburban. Had to use vent locks to provide air circulation so this is going to be so much better.
Shoot us a picture when you get it in! I also run AKC/HRC and looking for a good solution to transport. Thinking topper with two gunners in the back so I can still fit an elk in when need be.... My training partner has a big Ainsley that she has transported her dogs across country to the Grand in. They are by far the safest/most comfortable for the dogs.
Sponsored